Sign in to follow this  
afp

Fatigue effects

I can only assume people who have running issues are running/sprinting uphill and carrying AT launchers, as I seem to be able to jog as a rifleman for a good minute or two on a level road without issues beyond breathing heavily.. which is pretty much the natural reaction to jogging, running or sprinting.

I'm pretty happy with fatigue effects in beta. It's realistic in my opinion. Maybe just as Anachoretes said it would be good if it slowed down your reloading and aiming speed.

imo the fatigue sets in too quick.

Then you are most likely carrying to much.

You guys need to start doing what we soldiers do in real life. Drop your backpack when entering a battle.

There is even a com option to tell your AI team to drop their packs.

Plan your approach so that you don't need to run more than neccesary.

Work with your team. Move, cover, move, cover etc...

Edited by Brisse

Then make lowered weapon slightly slower and remove the severe fatigue effects from it.You want to run or sprint then deal with the blur IMO.

Then you are most likely carrying to much.

You guys need to start doing what we soldiers do in real life. Drop your backpack when entering a battle.

Be interested to know which army you are in as i have never witnessed anybody losing their gear in battle. You are carrying your stuff for a reason. You need it.

"McSenna! Ammo for the gimpy!"

"ummm sorry s'arnt i dropped it half a mile back. Do you need it then?"

Be interested to know which army you are in as i have never witnessed anybody losing their gear in battle. You are carrying your stuff for a reason. You need it.

Emm.... backpacks usually contain stuff like extra clothes, your bedroll, your sleeping bag and so on. All the combat gear is supposed to be in your combat vest/belt/whatever your army uses.

Unless you're part of a recon unit that walks in forests for weeks with all their gear, chances are you'll just leave the backpack at the trucks.

Emm.... backpacks usually contain stuff like extra clothes, your bedroll, your sleeping bag and so on. All the combat gear is supposed to be in your combat vest/belt/whatever your army uses.

Unless you're part of a recon unit that walks in forests for weeks with all their gear, chances are you'll just leave the backpack at the trucks.

You got that right.

Edited by Brisse

I agree, maybe after a more realistic amount of running or walking time you would see some sort of effect but as it is right now it's just annoying and potentially unhealthy for some players.

One thing I feel should change is that the sprint ends before the extreme fatigue kicks in.It feels like my character gives in too easy.I think it would be better if he can sprint until the heavy breathing/blur kicks and for a few seconds further.I also think that weapon lowered running should be slower and not cause heavy panting and blur.

I want people to check this thread out

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158293-Portable-missile-launchers-have-fun-on-public-servers&p=2430794

and tell me with a straight face that current non-existent fatigue doesn't need to produce a lot harsher effects down to walk enforcement AND at the same time say that you don't want ArmA to be dumbed down.

Stuff like that is the most glaring design offense in ArmA3 thus far, together with FAKs.

Edited by metalcraze

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158293-Portable-missile-launchers-have-fun-on-public-servers&p=2430794

and tell me with a straight face that current non-existent fatigue doesn't need to produce a lot harsher effects down to walk enforcement AND at the same time say that you don't want ArmA to be dumbed down.

Stuff like that is the most glaring design offense in ArmA3 thus far, together with FAKs.

Fatigue should increase with more load you have. Fatigue should also make you unable to sprint after some time. Fatigue should make you do actions slower. BUT fatigue should NEVER put annoying blur on your screen!

and potentially unhealthy for some players.

This is not true. Significant harm can be caused only by high-frequency flicker.

Otherwise, it is recommended a careful selection of eyeglasses or contact lenses.

Fatigue should increase with more load you have.

Actually, the fatigue does increase more with load. Tried with two people, one naked, the other one fully loaded with Titan plus four missiles (-_-)... after some time, fatigue on the loaded guy is 0.8 while the naked guy is at 0.1.

However, they were both able to keep up more or less (the naked guy was a bit faster due to not having a weapon which makes you run faster for some reason).

Fatigue should also make you unable to sprint after some time. Fatigue should make you do actions slower. BUT fatigue should NEVER put annoying blur on your screen!

Agreed. It should make you slow, maybe even unable to stand up straight if you're near 1.0, and make your aim worse.

I guess the blur was a (failed :p) experiment to provide a visual feedback in addition to the audible one (heavy breathing).

(the naked guy was a bit faster due to not having a weapon which makes you run faster for some reason).

There is a reason for that. I'm pretty sure Usain Bolt stands a better chance to set a world record without a rifle in his hands...

metalcraze the said situation has ZERO relation. This is a mission design problem - aka ammo create with endless amount of missiles/script to auto refill ammo.

You cannot carry unlimited amount of missiles. It seems you have no idea how the system works.

class Titan_AA: CA_LauncherMagazine

{

mass = 130;

};

Now tell me how many uniforms or vests you see to even just carry one additional missile?

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/11297

And how many per backpack?

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/11298

Best case one can carry 4 AA missiles atm (2 ruck, 1 vest, 1 in launcher).

And one can hardly carry anything else in that case.

With that weight one can sprint some 100-200m before forced run and heavy fatigue.

First do your homework, then participate in the discussion.

Now whether those mass and capacity values are reasonable, or should be tweaked is an open discussion, yet leave your baseless claims out of this discussion.

I'm pretty sure those guys must have taken a vehicle, I'm pretty sure you cannot carry like 10 missiles...? I didn't see anywhere where the OP said he ran up to the top of the hill (or wherever he was).

... wait, there's a vest that can fit a Titan AA missile??? (Re: "2 ruck" -- it seems like that's more or less the point of the Assistant AA loadout.)

P.S. I remember us in general being skeptical or outright disbelieving of the OP's claims about 10 missles in that thread, it was nimrod123 who stated that his team was using an Ifrit to carry their missiles.

Act

However, they were both able to keep up more or less (the naked guy was a bit faster due to not having a weapon which makes you run faster for some reason).

Calling BS on that, anyone can feel free to download the mission I posted earlier in this thread and see plain as day that you are a lot slower, fully loaded you stop sprinting around 30 metres and the empty guy was more like 300. What sort of distance did you test it over?

I guess you are one of those people who think the diffirence between driving at 40mph and 60mph makes no difference, it is simple maths that the fastest gets their first.

Fully loaded is a lot slower and you will fall behind, maybe play it for a whole game and see instead of trying it for a few minutes to test.

Calling BS on that, anyone can feel free to download the mission I posted earlier in this thread and see plain as day that you are a lot slower, fully loaded you stop sprinting around 30 metres and the empty guy was more like 300. What sort of distance did you test it over?

About 1 km, mostly up hill. At the end, the naked guy had about 100 m advance on the loaded guy. And I didn't say sprinting. We ran, we didn't sprint. So before calling BS on that, read everything.

I guess you are one of those people who think the diffirence between driving at 40mph and 60mph makes no difference, it is simple maths that the fastest gets their first.

Fully loaded is a lot slower and you will fall behind, maybe play it for a whole game and see instead of trying it for a few minutes to test.

I would appreciate if you could keep your insults and sarcasm for yourself, thank you very much.

d see plain as day that you are a lot slower, fully loaded you stop sprinting around 30 metres

I found that the only difference you get with a naked guy running (NOT sprinting) next to a fully loaded guy is because of the animation. If you give the naked guy a gun they will mostly have the same speed, there is virtually no difference.

I found that the only difference you get with a naked guy running (NOT sprinting) next to a fully loaded guy is because of the animation. If you give the naked guy a gun they will mostly have the same speed, there is virtually no difference.

Because there is no difference. While in the editor, once ingame, press esc and fill those "Watch" fields with "speed player" or "getfatigue player" and make some simple tests.

There is any command to check the weight?

Because there is no difference. While in the editor, once ingame, press esc and fill those "Watch" fields with "speed player" or "getfatigue player" and make some simple tests.

See my previous post, that was what I did to determine that the fully loaded guy's fatigue is much higher after the same amount of time.

There is any command to check the weight?

load seems to be the appropriate command.

See my previous post, that was what I did to determine that the fully loaded guy's fatigue is much higher after the same amount of time.

Of course he is, weight does matter, but the speed doesn't change.

IMO, you get tired way too fast and recover even faster.

load seems to be the appropriate command.

Thank you.