Sign in to follow this  
afp

Fatigue effects

TonyGrunt You need to control the intracranial pressure. This is anatomical features of vessels in your brain.

This addition for ArmA will be used by all cheating casuals not by this one men who think he need this.

And it doesn't save you from migraines, as when playing computer games you visual cortex loaded enough to start twinge. So you need to avoid any sounds, and any visuals.

I have no intention to make fun of you, or do not believe you. I just clarifies.

Edited by Anachoretes

TonyGrunt You need to control the intracranial pressure. This anatomical features of the structure of blood vessels in your brain.

This addition for ArmA will be used by all cheating casuals not by this one men who think he need this.

And it doesn't save you from migraines, as when playing computer games you visual cortex loaded enough to start twinge. So you need to avoid any sounds, and any visuals.

I have no intention to make fun of you, or do not believe you. I just clarifies.

I really hate to be the grammar nazi but your tenses are all effed up. Really messes with trying to sound smart "if you are"

Masharra

If you want to help, send me an email with the edited version and I use it.

To get back on topic: I would really like to hear BIS's stance on the subject. Not only the fatigue effects, but also the fact that according to the 'load' results, an Arma 3 soldier can carry around 175 to 200 kg. Realistically, no one will walk any distance with that kind of weight. A weight of 60 to 70 kg would be much more appropriate.

Are we really going to say Arma 3 is realistic or authentic and allow players to carry half a car on their backs ?

So, I'd really appreciate if one you you devs could comment

Meanwhile mister no load can sprint for about 300 or more. He can go prone quicker, get up quicker. Roll longer. The list goes on. There is more than just this running here and there involved to it.

Yes but you see the point is that with 100 kgs you shouldn't be able to sprint for any distance, or even run.

Also default load (rifle+pistol+mags+grenade) guy can sprint for ~130m which is a very minimal difference compared to someone carrying a ridiculously heavy load on his back.

Guys are programmers, probably haven't even lifted 60kgs in their life. Probably can barely pick their coffee mug up when it is full. 60kgs is manageable.

Yes but that's not the point. The point is that they limit you in Stalker and you have to think what you carry. You have to make sacrifices. And you absolutely cannot take a ton of RPGs with you.

And yet people love it and a most voted up mod at moddb makes the game even harder through a more complex gameplay.

And that's an arcade shooter, while nowadays in ArmA3 you have people screaming in horror the moment BIS tries to add even the smallest challenge.

No such thing as overpowered loadout not making sense, it is called arriving prepared for a job.

Well sure, having a .50 cal sniper rifle, Titan launcher, 5 missiles and a ton of mags for that sniper rifle is not an overpowered loadout that's not possible in real life.

I still carry toolkit, two AT missiles, one loaded, some explosives and a satchel a good few 5.56 mags, Small Titan and Tavor.

I'm not questioning what you decide to carry, I certainly may not exploit the system too. But what about the people who do?

What is needed is action, not yet another statement.

It is bad enough no change was done ASAP in the dev branch.

Yet if this the blur is still forced in the next stable, it will be just sad..

Talk about priorities and listing to serious customer feedback.

I agree , we are talking about people's health and should be a priority to "fix".

;2433423']What is needed is action' date=' not yet another statement. [/quote']

Agreed, but an explanation of what they will do, and whether it will be changed or not would really be welcome. Communication would really be appreciated.

Ask Ivan for advice, he seems to jog everywhere there!

Also, comments on today's changes?

Weight and capacity of all uniforms, vests and bags overhauled into one logical, balanced and gradually scaling norm, where bags of the same type and/or purpose should share corresponding values with minor side unique differences. All changes takes the recent unit inventory loads into consideration, so all equipment should fit well. The purpose was to make the capacity potential more organized and also little less prone to cases of missing equipment caused by design changes in unit inventory loads.

Actually I also see AI accuracy and sounds more important then whatever truck door fix... "Ifrit crew is now able to open and close doors while disembarking"...

Related to today capacity fix, that's a step forward, however I've still been able to carry around 9 rockets.... there should be a limitation of some items for vests or uniforms?

From what I see, the weights are still the same, you can still have 200 KG on you

leave sprint as is, people shouldn't sprint to begin with, only when necessary (to cover, and from cover to cover, type of thing). perhaps increase jog/normal run distance before exhaustion (dependent on weight of-course). substitution for blur effect? perhaps animation like closing eyes/screen going black? something has to be in place for game-plays sake if not for authenticity, being exhausted in combat should be a real threat...

when exhausted increase gun sway, disable zoom ability/holding breath...

all this doesn't effect me, i don't get tired very often. if i need to go some distance i drive, if i can't drive i walk, not sprint. golden rule in arma is spot first and fire first, and to increase those options you need to go slow and keep your eyes open, and with sprinting you diminish those options and it's all your fault not the games...

there is a cowa doody game in works with dogs even and moving fish and no fatigue but there is a marmalade on screen hope that doesn't make you hungry, perhaps that is a better suited game...

Only that there is no change.

Ifrit crew is now able to open and close doors while disembarking

Great to see BIS keeps its priorities straight.

;2433423']What is needed is action' date=' not yet another statement.

It is bad enough no change was done ASAP in the dev branch.

Yet if this the blur is still forced in the next stable, it will be just sad..

Talk about priorities and listing to serious customer feedback.[/quote']

There should be hotfix of this issue in next dev update.

There should be hotfix of this issue in next dev update.

Thanks for the update, but this is our concern: is there going to be any penalty for running with imaginary load or are you simply going to remove the blur?

Edited by Variable

Thanks for the update, but this is our concern: is there going to be any penalty for running with imaginary load or are you simply going to remove the blur?

There will be small change in the look of fatigue visual effect and you should be able to switch off the blur part.

There will be small change in the look of fatigue visual effect and you should be able to switch off the blur part in video options.

And what about the ability of a player to carry 200 kg on their backs ?

Varanon is right. That's an answer only to the half of the question.

With the only penalty for carrying unrealistic loadouts gone since tomorrow is there going to be any other countermeasure to being able to run forever with something not even olympic heavy lifters can properly move with?

There will be small change in the look of fatigue visual effect and you should be able to switch off the blur part in video options.

So basically you are removing the only penalty, be it bad as it is, and not replacing it with anything else.

Is anything planned for the future in this department or are we going to not have any penalty for running with ridiculous heavy load?

Please clarify just so we know whether or not to continue this discussion.

Varanon is right. That's an answer only to the half of the question.

What I'm talking about is just hotfix, not a final solution.

I wish the heavy carry weight was penalized by very slow walk and not able to run at all - like in Stalker or in other RPG style games

Is anything planned for the future in this department or are we going to not have any penalty for running with ridiculous heavy load?

We are going to look at it too, but I can't promise anything specific about it at this moment.

I wish the heavy carry weight was penalized by very slow walk and not able to run at all - like in Stalker or in other RPG style games

No, at least it shouldn't just be that then. It could be done in levels, according to weight.

x-x2 kg = no sprinting

x2-x3 kg = no running

But this should only be for unrealisticly heavy loads. We shouldn't have a heavy AT guy who can't keep up with the rest of the squad because he can't sprint at all.

We are going to look at it too, but I can't promise anything specific about it at this moment.

Thanks for the answer. Just reducing the maxmum load capacity to something realistic, like 80kg would already be fine. I don't think that would be a massive change, but would really negate the totally unreal loadouts that allow you to carry 5 stinger-class missiles.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

But this should only be for unrealisticly heavy loads. We shouldn't have a heavy AT guy who can't keep up with the rest of the squad because he can't sprint at all.

Usually, said AT guy would just carry one rocket, and is accompanied by an ammo bearer that carries one, maybe two spares.