Sign in to follow this  
afp

Fatigue effects

Even if they removed the blur and added nothing else, what we would be left with would still be more realistic and hardcore than we have ever had in the series before. When you read posts like Metal's (and some others) you would think that the game was hyper realistic before and now they are making the game way more unrealistic than it ever was.

Not being able to sprint forever is a pretty big design change for the game compared to it's previous iterations. Well for me it is anyway

Some people need to understand that the default game will never be like ACE, some people would like this, but I'm afraid the majority do not. It is best to leave the "hyper real" for a mod.

This thread was initially about a PP effect that was disliked and turned into a thread about general fatigue (which is good) and then was hijacked into a thread demanding things way off the chart to what the series has ever done before.

It is best to leave the "hyper real" for a mod.

Arma 3 Missile Soldier

Sorry, this isn't about "hyper real", this is about getting somewhere close to what is considered "authentic"

This thread was initially about a PP effect that was disliked and turned into a thread about general fatigue (which is good) and then was hijacked into a thread demanding things way off the chart to what the series has ever done before.

Nobody is "demanding" anything, but we're asked for feedback, and that is what we are giving.

I don't have a polar opposite, I just think both style of players should be free to play the game (fairly) in their own manner. Not having someone else ramming their opinion down their neck like it is the Law, something I also get enough of in real life and play games to get away from.

Well, you're not the only one who gets that in real life, trust me.

As for "ramming down their throat": I'm not actually ramming anything down anyone's throat. I try to argument. And I also try to tie that in with what Arma is (supposedly) about. For example, the mantra of authenticity: While we in the meantime moved away from realistic (which I can somewhat understand), authenticity means something like "at least close to reality and believability", and that just doesn't tie in with one-man armies. No matter how you turn it

As for carrying a cow on my back, what myself and my wife do indoors is between us.

Gah, thanks for sharing :eek:

Not being able to sprint forever is a pretty big design change for the game compared to it's previous iterations. Well for me it is anyway

You were never able to sprint forever in arma 2, you would still do the sprinting animation but your speed would decrease to jogging speed or even slower then that (weight). Have you never seen people just run past you while you are sprinting?

While we in the meantime moved away from realistic (which I can somewhat understand), authenticity means something like "at least close to reality and believability", and that just doesn't tie in with one-man armies. No matter how you turn it

I am not saying I disagree with that, it is how it is being achieved that I disagree with. Blur is only authentic in a drinking simulator or a staring into a headwind with no glasses on simulator.

Even if they removed the blur and added nothing else, what we would be left with would still be more realistic and hardcore than we have ever had in the series before.

I find it funny how you claim that a soldier can sprint with 100-200 kg on his back.

What's with this new fad among casual players where they say that dumbing down equals hardcore.

You aren't able to sprint forever in ArmA2 either. Except in ArmA2 you also can't carry half a car on your back.

Fatigue penalties are also a lot harsher in ArmA2.

In A2 you were getting serious aiming shake when tired. In ArmA3 it's almost non existent in standing stance and completely gone in prone.

In A2 you were jogging slower than other people when tired.

But of course that isn't as hardcore as ArmA3 where you can sprint up an 80 degree slope with 100 kgs on your back without any consequence.

Edited by metalcraze

I have never noticed being forced to slow down in arma2. The slow down in A2 was so minor it was unnoticeable. In Arma3 I can notice it quite easily..therefore to me it is more restrictive. Which is fine btw.

Edited by -=seany=-

How do you guys understand sprint? I understand sprint as giving all you got running as fast as possible, like 100m sprint runners do. And with that i understand sprint as dash from cover to cover and not something soldier wold do for long periods of time. And sprinting is something that depletes your energy or fatigue rather quickly. Even olympic runners who are as fit as soldiers if not even better are out of breath when they cross the finish line, 400m sprint even more so than 100m. explain to me why is it wrong to get tired quickly and become combat ineffective if you sprint?

This game is not the wildernesss. Based upon the opinions of those who like this dumb feature.. Should we slow the game down so that it actually takes two hours, to get from hill 169 to hill 193 which is just 2 clicks away? Should we stumble over the rocks and terrain up a hill? stop turn around and help the person behind you?

I am not a DayZ Player, I am a tactical team co-op player that likes the realistic effects, but I know where to draw the line on some of this stuff...

This effect has nothing to do with realism and has nothing to do with anything but being a game breaking annoyance...

And quite frankly as someone who is having very poor vision... it pretty much makes me want to boot up a different game... I don' need more eye strain thank you very much...

So why would you add it? So some person can go... Oh I chose a lighter weapon so I would not have to deal with that nonsense...

Ugh for real? You just turned off the switch for a tactical advantage.. so you are saying yourself it sucks, but you are going to exploit around the other players handicap...

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

How do you guys understand sprint? I understand sprint as giving all you got running as fast as possible, like 100m sprint runners do. And with that i understand sprint as dash from cover to cover and not something soldier wold do for long periods of time. And sprinting is something that depletes your energy or fatigue rather quickly. Even olympic runners who are as fit as soldiers if not even better are out of breath when they cross the finish line, 400m sprint even more so than 100m. explain to me why is it wrong to get tired quickly and become combat ineffective if you sprint?

See, Thats exactly where the problem lies.. You who like this effect for whatever strange reason, just don't understand our complaint at all. It has nothing to do with fatigue whatsoever. We don't want to run up a hill with a 2 ton truck on our backs.... But we also don't want to ruin an hour of movement to get a shot at one

convoy, and go oh dam, I missed the shot.. now the game is basically over for everyone in the mission because... fuck me, I only had one rocket (and like a real army, I don't have 50 people walking behind me with rockets for me, and even though I hit the enemy tank... it didnt blow up..

And as an opposite effect of realism, seems most of you have no problem in past Arma, when you were calling down paratroopers from the sky at random desired intervals, to join your fireteam, like that was realistic? But that's okay and tolerable? How is one thing justified but another not?

What we don't want is the nauseating effect of a blur feature that pretty much starts as soon as you start playing.... Make it a mod, use it up all you want in your world.. Don't mess with ours.

And I'll bet all of you that like this feature, wouldnt even play arma if it was iron sights only. Heaven forbid if you had no scope... well guess what, in real life you are not getting that $4500 scope for every infantry unit. So why are yo always using it? That aint realistic

Edited by virtualinfantry

Well this thread is about the blur effect, which seem to get removed soon. Should we start a thread about weight\encumberance and start clean, just to make things clear?

Well this thread is about the blur effect, which seem to get removed soon. Should we start a thread about weight\encumberance and start clean, just to make things clear?

I welcome all those to talk and debate peacefully about anything they want, but if you have nothing to add but criticism, then you can move to another thread. These are the posts that should be moderated on this forum. Not the negative ones.

This game is not the wildernesss. Based upon the opinions of those who like this dumb feature.. Should we slow the game down so that it actually takes two hours, to get from hill 169 to hill 193 which is just 2 clicks away? Should we stumble over the rocks and terrain up a hill? stop turn around and help the person behind you?

I am not a DayZ Player, I am a tactical team co-op player that likes the realistic effects, but I know where to draw the line on some of this stuff...

This effect has nothing to do with realism and has nothing to do with anything but being a game breaking annoyance...

And quite frankly as someone who is having very poor vision... it pretty much makes me want to boot up a different game... I don' need more eye strain thank you very much...

So why would you add it? So some person can go... Oh I chose a lighter weapon so I would not have to deal with that nonsense...

Ugh for real? You just turned off the switch for a tactical advantage.. so you are saying yourself it sucks, but you are going to exploit around the other players handicap...

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

See, Thats exactly where the problem lies.. You who like this effect for whatever strange reason, just don't understand our complaint at all. It has nothing to do with fatigue whatsoever. We don't want to run up a hill with a 2 ton truck on our backs.... But we also don't want to ruin an hour of movement to get a shot at one

convoy, and go oh dam, I missed the shot.. now the game is basically over for everyone in the mission because... fuck me, I only had one rocket (and like a real army, I don't have 50 people walking behind me with rockets for me, and even though I hit the enemy tank... it didnt blow up..

And as an opposite effect of realism, seems most of you have no problem in past Arma, when you were calling down paratroopers from the sky at random desired intervals, to join your fireteam, like that was realistic? But that's okay and tolerable? How is one thing justified but another not?

What we don't want is the nauseating effect of a blur feature that pretty much starts as soon as you start playing.... Make it a mod, use it up all you want in your world.. Don't mess with ours.

And I'll bet all of you that like this feature, wouldnt even play arma if it was iron sights only. Heaven forbid if you had no scope... well guess what, in real life you are not getting that $4500 scope for every infantry unit. So why are yo always using it? That aint realistic

Total full post agree.

I am not saying I disagree with that, it is how it is being achieved that I disagree with. Blur is only authentic in a drinking simulator or a staring into a headwind with no glasses on simulator.

I fully agree, my vision doesn't blur when I'm exhausted, either.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Well, thw subject says "fatigue effects", which is basically the whole complex of functionality and effects that come with encumbrance.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I welcome all those to talk and debate peacefully about anything they want, but if you have nothing to add but criticism, then you can move to another thread. These are the posts that should be moderated on this forum. Not the negative ones.

Hmm, what kind of argument is that ? You can state your opinion, as long as it's not criticism ?

Edited by Varanon

I fully agree, my vision doesn't blur when I'm exhausted, either.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Well, teh subject says "fatigue effects", which is basically the whole complex of functionality and effects that come with encumbrance.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Hmm, what kind of argument is that ? You can state your opinion, as long as it's not criticism ?

He was not stating an opinion, he was mocking the thread adding zero value to it, basically instigating those having a nice discussion.

What because he inputted before, he gets to troll later?

I find it funny how you claim that a soldier can sprint with 100-200 kg on his back.

What's with this new fad among casual players where they say that dumbing down equals hardcore.

You aren't able to sprint forever in ArmA2 either. Except in ArmA2 you also can't carry half a car on your back.

Fatigue penalties are also a lot harsher in ArmA2.

In A2 you were getting serious aiming shake when tired. In ArmA3 it's almost non existent in standing stance and completely gone in prone.

In A2 you were jogging slower than other people when tired.

But of course that isn't as hardcore as ArmA3 where you can sprint up an 80 degree slope with 100 kgs on your back without any consequence.

Ace2 fatigue system is pretty good which a soldiers have a loadout about 50kg but still could jog up 1000m or more. and than when reach a limit, a "blackout" effect start to show up and with a huge aiming shake.

What?

I already made some points a while ago, only would add that you get tired too fast, recover too fast and carry too much. Just waiting for the Devs work now.

But I keep watching people freefalling here (just like you) and starting the whole thing again, that is why I posted that.

What?

I already made some points a while ago, only would add that you get tired too fast, recover too fast and carry too much. Just waiting for the Devs work now.

But I keep watching people freefalling here (just like you) and starting the whole thing again, that is why I posted that.

I'm not freefalling, and even if I was, it's of no benefit for you to troll those who wish to add their opinion, based on an assumption you are making.

Seems like you need to move on to other threads, or perhaps go outside and sing with the birds. but trolling here I will not stand for.

From the devbranch changelog: "Weight and capacity of all uniforms, vests and bags overhauled"

I'm not freefalling, and even if I was, it's of no benefit for you to troll those who wish to add their opinion, based on an assumption you are making.

Seems like you need to move on to other threads, or perhaps go outside and sing with the birds. but trolling here I will not stand for.

Are you missing your Mod avatar? No? Then STFU.

Must agree with most in that the blur is not necessary and must go. I run in the heat often sometimes to exhaustion and never see any blur. Aiming a rifle? ok would not be able to until the heart rate slows, but not blurred vision.

Also the ability to run longer would be more realistic. I know the men are carrying full combat great but remember they are trained military in top form, not computer potatoes like us.

What is it now, only 100m jog then slow as molasses? Seems to short.

I know the men are carrying full combat great but remember they are trained military in top form, not computer potatoes like us.

Haha well said.

I know the men are carrying full combat great but remember they are trained military in top form,

Not to sound negative about any nations armed forces but......

Must agree with most in that the blur is not necessary and must go. I run in the heat often sometimes to exhaustion and never see any blur. Aiming a rifle? ok would not be able to until the heart rate slows, but not blurred vision.

Also the ability to run longer would be more realistic. I know the men are carrying full combat great but remember they are trained military in top form, not computer potatoes like us.

What is it now, only 100m jog then slow as molasses? Seems to short.

Show me please trained soldiers that are able to run with 100+ kg on their backs please.

People, have some sense, it's not about hardcore realism anymore, it's about the boundaries of reasonable.

Show me please trained soldiers that are able to run with 100+ kg on their backs please.

People, have some sense, it's not about hardcore realism anymore, it's about the boundaries of reasonable.

Not sure if serious? 100kg?

I'm talking a pistol, binoculars and good attitude (as it stands now in game.) wiped after a small jog, thats not real.

T