Yes, GS, we see it occasionally, but only on Hunters. That's not to say it doesn't happen on other vehicles, but just that we have mostly hunters in our mission. We get a number of different occurrences, I'll try to detail them.

* A vehicle gets very lightly damaged and appears locked. Visually, it's undamaged, but no-one can enter it. Engineers don't get a repair option on it. Inventory works.

* A vehicle that has been airlifted (Domination airlift) appears partially sunk into the ground. It will drive, but very slowly and usually doesn't pull itself onto the ground surface.

* A player gets into a vehicle but the engine won't start. The steering works, but it won't drive. If he gets out, another player gets in and it will works normal.

Our group has the same exact issues (playing Domination with Hunters only), but when the new driver operates the vehicle the 'bugged' driver has no or limited vehicle sound....hmmmmm

There is also a possible bug in coop where if someone did friendly fire and enters a little bird or any other chopper, no one else can enter before he leaves the chopper. I'd like to know if it's a bug or a feature before i submit a tracker ticket, or upvote one if i find a related ticket.

I know of one issue where vehicles cannot be entered if their engine is badly damaged (#3686). This is especially bad with Hunters, since their engine is said to be particularly fragile (#7898).

Might be related.

I know of one issue where vehicles cannot be entered if their engine is badly damaged (#3686). This is especially bad with Hunters, since their engine is said to be particularly fragile (#7898).

Might be related.

It's possible although it's not the same type of vehicle. I'll try to get some guys tonight to test it with me and get a list of steps to reproduce it.

Edited by Kemeros

There is also a possible bug in coop where if someone did friendly fire and enters a little bird or any other chopper, no one else can enter before he leaves the chopper. I'd like to know if it's a bug or a feature before i submit a tracker ticket, or upvote one if i find a related ticket.

This happened often in Arma 2 when I played Domination.

*getting exited*

there goes my productivity for today.... :D

I think it's both fair to say this is an Alpha and you cannot rely on the current state of the game and its content. But what is also true: we'd like modules to be eventually more usable to visually design scenarios and not have to script as much. Not everyone has as much time to invest and if we can assist them with ready-made modules, it will benefit everyone. Advanced users can still of course bypass modules and do it their own way :)

I was going to reply with something similar to this. Especially for the new folks to the game and those that aren't ever going to learn scripting it would be nice to have a bunch of modules in the editor that can do a lot of what would normally have to be done by scripting. Of course the more advanced guys can always do more advanced stuff with scripting.

I think it would greatly enhance the community for folks that are never going to learn to program.

Railings, AA/FXAA/SMAA/Disabled..

Seems better to disable on this build 59/814.

I usually have 2 or 4xAA, plus FXAA = Ultra, but saw the problem and had a play around with settings..

Full screen 1080p would be best viewed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm7TH_uOOM8

What happened to the sniper scopes? If I spawn a sniper unit they have the M320 or Lynx but there is no scope and I can't find the classnames, so I can't even add it to my inventory manually.

The classname for the sniper scope is "optic_SOS" and for the rifles with the scopes attached it's "srifle_lrr_sos_f" and "srifle_gm6_sos_f".

What happened to the sniper scopes? If I spawn a sniper unit they have the M320 or Lynx but there is no scope and I can't find the classnames, so I can't even add it to my inventory manually.

Try loading the game without mods.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

As this is a developer thread, and you ask for your buyers opinion, i'll be happy to take the task to adress one thing i find very troublesome about the game currently.

I'm talking about helicopter landing gears/struts, when you crash a chopper sideways, the landing gears wether it be wheels or fixed struts, just absorb all the force which makes you bounce to the side and explode. I've had this happen to me a number of times and usually if you're using wheels like on the ka-60 or blackhawk, breaks would makes the wheels take most of the force but they would still be destroyed. I would like for landing gears struts/wheels to be breakable upon crashlanding or making too hard of an landing. Like if you have an ah-9j, your fixed struts would break off so would your rotor if you hit the ground too hard, and the eggformed cockpit would just roll across the ground or explode depending how hard you hit the ground.

TL;DR

I would like for landing gears to actually absorb force and break properly instead of causing the chopper to act like a bouncy ball and flip onto it's side causing an explosion

^^ the models don't have those destruction modes. Buyers opinion is very welcome in the wishlist thread - this thread is for testing what we already have.

BTW welcome to the forums.

I wonder how much devs are aware of tons of bugs with inventory system? Currently its a huge gamebreaker for loot-driven missions (where conserving ammo, saving good guns is key part) Stuff dupes even when you don't really want it, as well as disappears or simply unaccessible by anyone. I'm not even sure if its worth it to submit these bugs with repros, everything is so broken that it feels that it will be easier to scrap everything and do complete rewrite of inventory system. Can somebody enlighten me about current state of things with inventory fixing process? Thanks.

I'm guessing dev build, but you really ought to be more specific about what the errors are... because I for one am definitely not aware of the "tons of bugs" that you're claiming.

^^ the models don't have those destruction modes. Buyers opinion is very welcome in the wishlist thread - this thread is for testing what we already have.

BTW welcome to the forums.

First. Thanks for welcoming me :) (i have experience in ArmA 2 but i haven't been on the forums since i started back in 2011)

Second.

Yeah, it's only a suggestion of a change in the damage models to actually include the landing gears being damagable. I know it's hard to include in the current engine, and that it would be a hassle to work in one suggestion from one buyer into a whole product with alot more buyers. However usually when i crashland helicopters in A3 after getting hit by AA, usually i like to bank to the side quickly to loose some of that forward momentum when close to the ground, however when crashlanding at the side the rotors continue to spool down and causes updrift. You cant negate this updrift therefore when landing sideways usually choppers tip unto the sides and explode. I've had this happen to me alot and it's just very hard to crashland without exploding, my expertise in flight simply just can't help me and that's what annoys me. I've kinda allready tested what we allready have by trying to crash onto the landing gears/fixed struts we have now and from that i can conclude it's plausible for future choppers to have shock absorbant wheeled landing gears like the mi24 and mi35. I understand the concept of constructive criticism and i believe that this kind of analysis of the current damagemodel would fall under constructive criticism. Also when you have to adapt the TOH models into A3 it would be something to definately think about.

Off course it's the dev's choices wether they want to listen or not, i'm actually happy with the A3 project as a game and i can only foresee an positive outcome :)

You make a valid point, Profectio.

I would love to see this implemented, but you should add it to the tracker so people can vote it up - it helps the devs to see what's priority!

From my point of view, I can crashland easy enough with or without damageable gears, also thanks to flight expertise and a trusty Saitek X52 Pro :P

Regards, Comp_uter15776

I'd like to add to this discussion by saying when will weapons (when picked out of ammo box or corpse) pull over the right ammo instead of having to select the ammo separately? I know its a few extra moments but when you like to switch weapons a lot through out your mission or game it becomes tiresome.

Also, when you click on an item in your own inventory, the gear in the lefthand dialog should automatically cycle to that same item if it is present in the container you're accessing, like it did in Arma 2.

I'd like to add to this discussion by saying when will weapons (when picked out of ammo box or corpse) pull over the right ammo instead of having to select the ammo separately? I know its a few extra moments but when you like to switch weapons a lot through out your mission or game it becomes tiresome.

I guess there might be a scenario where you want the weapon but don't want the ammo (maybe you already have enough) and so trying NOT to grab the ammo becomes impossible.....? Having an auto-ammo selection might reduce flexibility of the inventory overall. (In the spirit of full disclosure, I have SEVERAL TIMES been guilty of grabbing a weapon off a corpse, only to find out later on that I had forgotten the ammo :D maybe the weapon should retain it's current magazine at least....)