boggler;2641191']I know' date=' check the rpt ;)

Until there is no fix, I have to switch back to the stable branch.[/quote']

It should be in the dev-branch tomorrow.

So basically AI is still using the old radar system and are able to spot you as soon as you pop up on their radar, while players have to look straight at an enemy tank to make it show on the radar?

Why implement it at all and not wait until it's the same for players and AI?

Or am I missing something?

I don't know if the AI actually uses the radar at all, but the actual spotting capability of the AI hasn't changed nonetheless.

Player's radar doesn't show anything anymore, ever, even Cheetah's radar is affected it seems, air targets don't show up anymore.

Why implement it at all? To find issues like this before they could sneak into the stable build.

Cheetah and Zsu-39 don't have mounted radars. Zsu-23 (Arma 2) has mounted radar(big white cylinder), but arma 3 ones doen't so it is OK as it is now. The problem is that the AI is still using the radar information.

Cheetah and Zsu-39 don't have mounted radars. Zsu-23 (Arma 2) has mounted radar(big white cylinder), but arma 3 ones doen't so it is OK as it is now. The problem is that the AI is still using the radar information.

They have radars though, just like their real life counterpart (Marconi Marksman turret).

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/hybenamon/LAND/ANTI-AIR/MARKSMAN/article02.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/hybenamon/LAND/ANTI-AIR/MARKSMAN/brochure2.jpg

So at least AA vehicles should have functional radars.

Well, the new radar system is a complete nonsense if it does not affect AI. I, too, don't understand why it was implemented in such incomplete form.

Also, is it at least optional?

Oh well I expected that. Make the game more realistic but exclude AI:s , they can use all God power they want.

Yeap agree that AA tanks should have radars, before "radar fix" they had almost no chance against air assets(with their TAB locking) now it's even worse... but... if BIS is still going for authenticity then Little Bird also shouldn't have radar and should have flares ;) for example, maybe the same with Orcas? Anyway, I like where this is all going, step by step we are going into more hardcore realism where communication counts ;).

Confirmed, hopefully it will be implemented later for AI too

Will be fixed tomorrow.

Anyway, I like where this is all going.

Yes, it's obviously not perfect yet, but it is very good news that the devs are now starting to act against the almighty, arcady magic radar. let's stay positive and try to give constructive feedback.

now i would not be surprised anymore, if they also plan to do sth. against the old tab-lock-issue with guided weapons.

keep up the good work!

I think that the editor could be simpler to understand if the different versions of a same vehicle was selectable in another section of the interface. It could add an option to change the texture of some vehicle (I'm thinking at the 18 different skins of the little bird that arn't in the editor, or to choose between random texture or the one we want for civilian vehicles.). An other thing is to select some other options (add doors to these little bird* for exemple) in another window, above or under the one I put on this picture :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/11/1394479662-arma3-2014-03-10-20-07-24-98.png (169 kB)

What's your opinion about it ? ( I didn't already post it on the feedback tracker )

Enjoy my paint editing :yay:

* I mean like with those commands :

this animate ["addDoors",1];
this animate ["DoorR_Back_Open", 1];
this animate ['DoorL_Back_Open', 1];
this animate ['DoorR_Front_Open', 1];
this animate ['DoorL_Front_Open', 1];
this animate ["AddBenches", 1];
this animate ["AddBackseats", 0];
this animate ["AddFLIR", 1];
this animate ["AddFLIR2", 1];
this animate ["AddScreen1", 1];
//edit :
And some animation for the offroad:_this animate ["HidePolice", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideServices", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideBackpacks", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideBumper1", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideBumper2", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideConstruction", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideDoor1", 1];  
_this animate ["HideDoor2", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideDoor3", 1]; 
_this animate ["HideGlass2", 1];

Edited by Guest

Yes, it's obviously not perfect yet, but it is very good news that the devs are now starting to act against the almighty, arcady magic radar. let's stay positive and try to give constructive feedback.

now i would not be surprised anymore, if they also plan to do sth. against the old tab-lock-issue with guided weapons.

keep up the good work!

I would be very happy :)

Yeap agree that AA tanks should have radars, before "radar fix" they had almost no chance against air assets(with their TAB locking) now it's even worse... but... if BIS is still going for authenticity then Little Bird also shouldn't have radar and should have flares ;) for example, maybe the same with Orcas? Anyway, I like where this is all going, step by step we are going into more hardcore realism where communication counts ;).

The little bird should have NO radar, there is no radar mounted to it outside of the radar altimeter.

The console shows a lack of an RWR or threat detection, it is literally flying blind of any threats around it.

The KA-60 could have RWR capability through MPD so the aircraft could have some form of situation awareness, but it doesn't have "true" radar.

In fact none of the air units in Arma 3 have a true target spotting radar, at best they have a optic suite that would route data onto a situational display that could act as the radar but this display would not keep refresh the target data unless a LOS is constant.

Erf the Little Bird's animation seem to don't work anymore, sadly :(

Will be fixed tomorrow.

Thank you for calming us down! :)

so it was 1 year... still no bipods for "infantry based" game... disappointed

I would really like to know if there are still plans to implement this feature eventually?

I think that the editor could be simpler to understand if the different versions of a same vehicle was selectable in another section of the interface. It could add an option to change the texture of some vehicle (I'm thinking at the 18 different skins of the little bird that arn't in the editor, or to choose between random texture or the one we want for civilian vehicles.). An other thing is to select some other options (add doors to these little bird* for exemple) in another window, above or under the one I put on this picture :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/11/1394479662-arma3-2014-03-10-20-07-24-98.png (169 kB)

What's your opinion about it ? ( I didn't already post it on the feedback tracker )

Enjoy my paint editing :yay:

[/code]

This editor feature would be amazing. Much more practical. Great idea.

I would really like to know if there are still plans to implement this feature eventually?

agree. bipods would jsutify the existing weapon sway and add a whole new tactical aspect to the game of getting set up in the best postion with support. etc. it should be accomapined by a recoloration of the weight system behind each weapon so heavier/bigger weapons have more inertia and bulk than smaller weapons. maybe even cause a bit more aim wobble due to their size if held up unspoorted for too long.

but im pleased with the progress bis is making in things like magic radar removal, animation system, etc. pretty fucken big things that will help Arma3 be closer to realising its potential.

Edited by twisted

We have a lot of cool and oft-requested features in our plans for the next 2 years, but as you may have noticed - we're no longer confirming (development on) them until we're sure we can finish them :) So in general, expect new things to be announced quite close to deployment. We do however want to provide more high-level plans for further Arma 3 additions in the next months - e.g. the important themes.