well to be fair DayZ is more of a civilian and survival centric game. you have to put together your own outfit, weapon, gear, etc. Arma is more about soldiers with set uniforms and assigned weapons, with civilians basically being a backdrop

Doesn't mean Arma can't have that too. It's basically what the developers decided to work on at moment while the Arma 3 developers work on other aspects and possibly make us better stuff than dayz later on!

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Im really sad after seeing the latest dev blog from DayZ.... Why A3 doesnt have the same character and weapon customization? Even the medical system looks much better. I thought Arma was the more realistic game of these two...

That will come for Arma in time young one.

Doesn't mean Arma can't have that too.

it would be nice. I'm just saying those things are more important to DayZ

it would be nice. I'm just saying those things are more important to DayZ

Yea, but people have been asking for the stuff dayz has in game, to be in Arma games for many years.

The dev blog also said they were using Dyslexi's cursor suggestions...

Edited by ProGamer

Physics on the Medical Zamaz are completely bonkers, and it's cargo slots are A) broken and B) totally different than the other medical trucks.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

As it is now it's not even possible to toggle zoom in and out by double tapping those keys.

Rclick in vehicles to toggle zoom.

If the table is knocked over will the rifle fall on the ground or will it be glued to the table?

I don't have access to the game right now so I can't say. The best is for you to try it yourself.

But getting the tin cans and such onto the shelves was a right ball ache. How would you line multiple items like cans up on a shelf using this method?

_objects = [[this,"TOP"],"Box_NATO_Wps_F",1,[(random 0.2)-0.1,(random 0.2)-0.1,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects

Above you can see the following Array:

[(random 0.2)-0.1,(random 0.2)-0.1,0]

Basically if you replace the values with [0,0,0] it will spawn the ammo box in this case, right at the center of the object. Each value of the array controls an axis respectively so you can say it reads like [x,y,z]. For example if I use the following value [0,0,0.5] the ammo box will spawn in the air and remain there, 0.5m above the object.

So to answer your question, what you have to do is simply repeat the code to spawn as many objects as you want, while taking the previously mentioned above into consideration. To spawn two objects on a table, put this into its Init field:

_objects = [[this,"TOP"],"Box_NATO_Wps_F",1,[0.5,0,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects; 
_objects = [[this,"TOP"],"Box_NATO_Wps_F",1,[-0.5,0,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects; 

There's still trial and error involved of course, nothing beats a 3D Editor.

Also take note that the Array after refers to the spawned object orientation. The value you input refers to degrees, from 0º to 359º.

The war does not break as a surprise. The war is over when you start the game. These aren't tourists. They are the civilians on the island. If you say that Greeks wouldn't wear that clothing, then BIS clothed them wrong. If they were tourists, then it'd clearly say "Tourist" in the editor. The Africans, Europeans, and Asians sure, are tourists, maybe. But you're not going to have all tourists and no native civilians... So, either way, some of them have to be residents.

Tourist and civilians are the same. It's up to you how to use them. As an example, there are 3 surfers but there are no surfboards and they don't surf. They are dressed the same, if not exactly the same, as civilians/commoners. Asia, Africa, European, has nothing to do with where they come from. Or else you can have different ethnicities within those descriptions. They are there so that you can choose how you want them to look so that the ethnicity is random. It's bi's way to make it appear as though they had given us a lot more content. So rather than 10 civilians in the editor, now there are 40. But those 40 are the same. Only not random skin color.

You gave a good example by saying that they knew the war was coming and the game starts after or during the war. But that is what makes the whole discussion irrelevant. The civilians they gave us don't fit with that. If war was going on I don't think they would be walking around dressed like tourists, yet they all pretty much look that way. The cars are too nice. They need to give us real looking civilians. Imagine populating Altis with the civilians we have. Outside of the shores of the island, this looks like a poor island. Maybe not to some of you but the civilians we have aren't right for a civilian populated island where people live and work. All the workers have to either look like clones or look like they're on vacation.

But I think and hope they will be giving us more.

Tourist and civilians are the same. It's up to you how to use them. As an example, there are 3 surfers but there are no surfboards and they don't surf. They are dressed the same, if not exactly the same, as civilians/commoners. Asia, Africa, European, has nothing to do with where they come from. Or else you can have different ethnicities within those descriptions. They are there so that you can choose how you want them to look so that the ethnicity is random. It's bi's way to make it appear as though they had given us a lot more content. So rather than 10 civilians in the editor, now there are 40. But those 40 are the same. Only not random skin color.

You gave a good example by saying that they knew the war was coming and the game starts after or during the war. But that is what makes the whole discussion irrelevant. The civilians they gave us don't fit with that. If war was going on I don't think they would be walking around dressed like tourists, yet they all pretty much look that way. The cars are too nice. They need to give us real looking civilians. Imagine populating Altis with the civilians we have. Outside of the shores of the island, this looks like a poor island. Maybe not to some of you but the civilians we have aren't right for a civilian populated island where people live and work. All the workers have to either look like clones or look like they're on vacation.

But I think and hope they will be giving us more.

Well, that's why I clarified with residents. Some of them may be civilians, but some of them definitely are intended to be residents. It does give the impression that there's nothing wrong, but then again, some of the civilian clothing does give the right impression of the situation on the island, the ones with the keffiyehs and all.

Where's the female civilians?

Altis is a cock fest lol!

Sahrani moved to Altis I guess :)

just quoted myself that this crash gets attention!!

also:

i dont really care about the language they are speaking or how they are dressed.

i care more about:

-FOV in jets are way to high, you can´t even see the HUD!

-FOV in fast driving cars are also way to high on high speeds!

reduse these FOV , or delete them from the config. its really horrible

hope its fixed till release!

also the proxies behind the steeringwheel is slightly right, not direkt in the middle of the steeringwheel.

it just feels strange, anybody also have this ?

While on the subject of FOV and Zoom levels, I thought I would highlight various issues surrounding the Armed Offroad.

Armed Offroad, Gunner position, Incorrect FOV/Zoom

Currently the Gunner position in the Armed offroad has the same zoom and FOV (field of view) for both iron sights and 1st person perspective. It is too low.

3rd person camera position in addition to the FOV and Zoom issues, also has its camera located too high, forward and to the left side of the gunner so only the gunners head and very front of the vehicle is visible, and the left positioning causes an offset to where bullets go Vs. where the cursor position is.

In addition, going into commander mode has a similarly incorrect FOV though the camera position seems to be correct.

In all cases the FOV is too low and reducing peripheral vision significantly.

E

BIS could we please get a different firing sound for the .50 cals

I don't mind the .50s so much (though I think they're too bassy), but the M200 on the CSAT armor is horrible.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Yeah the AAs don't have nearly enough oomph. You improved the small arms, BIS, don't skimp on the heavier weapons! The armoured vehicles themselves need love too.

has pretty good sound quality and also shows some cool tracer ricochets.

I've just started getting freezing every 5 mins or so since new update thursday or friday, dont know if it's the updates or the new beta AMD driver's, will unistall the driver's and see...

Three days and only a small dev build patch, I can sense that BIS is wanting to surprise us all at launch!

Three days and only a small dev build patch, I can sense that BIS is wanting to surprise us all at launch!

Arma 3 is under a data lock which means major changes aren't going to happen and it's just small things. Post launch is when the stuff to get excited about is coming

Any new's on fixing the gear menu scrolling bug ? or is it just 3 mates and I that have it ?.

Ticket?

I've just started getting freezing every 5 mins or so since new update thursday or friday, dont know if it's the updates or the new beta AMD driver's, will unistall the driver's and see...

Have you tried veryfiing?

Is there one?, we cant be the only guy's, I cant put a ticket in cause I cant login...

Well, unless you explain what issue you're experiencing or post a link to an existing ticket, no one will know what you're talking about.

What is this "gear menu scrolling bug" you speak of? (Come to think of it, what is the "gear menu"? :confused:)

Well, unless you explain what issue you're experiencing or post a link to an existing ticket, no one will know what you're talking about.

What is this "gear menu scrolling bug" you speak of? (Come to think of it, what is the "gear menu"? :confused:)

the devs know of it. i did a video and the devs have that video. and yes its the "gear menu scrolling bug" (multiplayer only)

but as important is:

is the jumping of the vehicle gone, when they stand close next to each other, only in multiplayer! "Continued memory optimizations (PhysX and road network)"

hope so, you can get hurt/die, and it lock really shitty.