Quick question, is Huron capable of landing on water or just float with engines on?

You can hover over water and even submerge it to a certain degree without damaging it, but you can't land on water.

• Like 1

Even after yesterdays sound fix I found a missing sound when using the  Apers mine trip wire it has no explosion sound.

Can anyone confirm a new error with BIS_fnc_basicBackpack? I'm getting an error message in line 205:

10:48:01 Error in expression <put = _this;_output = ""; if (_input == "") exitWith {[] call BIS_fnc_basicBa>10:48:01   Error position: <== "") exitWith {[] call BIS_fnc_basicBa>10:48:01   Error ==: Type Array, expected Number,String,Not a Number,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Team member,Task,Location10:48:01 File A3\functions_f\inventory\fn_basicBackpack.sqf, line 205

BIS_fnc_basicBackpack:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26106

Music cutting out:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24456

Solution: 

• Get rid of the hardcoded settings. Implement a recoil modifier in the bullet or weapon config so they can be tweaked on a case-by-case basis. Same with other parameters - if the ammo needs different simulation parameters (accuracy of simultion, damage model, visual model handling, ...) then set those in the ammo directly and individually please.
  • Most importantly we could really need an overhaul of the armament system to be more flexible. Give us a way to define the weapon and it's memorypoint(s) directly, for multiple weapons. Bonus points if we can link different weapons to fire at the exact same time (e.g. Wing mounted Gunpods firing at the same time as a different nose mounted weapon on a Ground Attack Plane/ Helicopter )

Yes, would be nice....

but unfortunately will not happen for Arma3. There is simply not enough time to rewrite and reconfigure everything,

Some feedback on aiming down the sights when in prone side position.

They way he's leaning could be done better

-prevent clipping (Grenadier prone left his right arm clips through vest)

-Minimize soldier profile (elimiating chicken wing arm support)

-Maximize soldier comfort (we want mimic real life yeah?)

-Give player more visual feedback that you are in side prone (diagonal viewpoint like with Q/E leaning)

So instead of current arm support, I would recommend diagonal support

lean on shoulder instead of arms - and put shoulder stock on shoulder.

Perhaps I should do picture to explain it better.

But in anyway, great implementation decision; )

Alright first arma tries to mimic this: -Right prone

right%20prone%20arma_zpsuvzd0sxw.jpg

Left prone (this is particular hard position - strain on my face)

left%20prone%20arma_zpseeg8kkny.jpg

Proposed:

Right (less body exposed)

Right%20prone%20lean_zpsfyym9gi2.jpg

left (less body exposed, more comfortable)

left%20prone%20%20lean_zpsyhiiukez.jpg

And first person (like when you lean with Q/E

first%20person_zpsfehred00.jpg

• Like 1

Would be great if Karel Mořický or Filip Sádovský could take a look at this ticket.

It seems that 3den has trouble to place objects properly on Stratis. Many objects are extremely misplaced on import but also after replacing all the objects and reloading the scenario.

If needed I can provide the complete mission.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26014

By 'misplaced' do you mean the object's Z coordinate? Because that happens on Altis too. Every time I load a scenario, units are either floating or sticking out of the ground. Even if I correct their positioning, they are misplaced again after previewing the mission. I think it does only happen on imported missions, even if the units are newly placed and didn't exist in the old mission.

• Like 1

Nope, not only in the z axis, some objects like the Trawler are placed under the terrain. Check out the screenshots provided in that ticket.

Nope, not only in the z axis, some objects like the Trawler are placed under the terrain. Check out the screenshots provided in that ticket.

I guess 'under the terrain' means a negative Z axis, so, basically - yeah, this issue, the way you described it, affects Z axis only.

It does not. They boats and trawlers for example spawn all over the place, and trawlers even underground.

Would be great if Karel Mořický or Filip Sádovský could take a look at this ticket.

It seems that 3den has trouble to place objects properly on Stratis. Many objects are extremely misplaced on import but also after replacing all the objects and reloading the scenario.

If needed I can provide the complete mission.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26014

I will take care of it :)

Edit: Issue is awaiting fix. 

• Like 1

I will take care of it :)

Edit: Issue is awaiting fix. 

AWESOME!

Yes, would be nice....

but unfortunately will not happen for Arma3. There is simply not enough time to rewrite and reconfigure everything,

that's what baseclasses are for, arent they? 

simulation="shotBullet"  gets replaced by

class simulationparameter {

recoilmodifier =01234

timestep= 01234 //or whatever is needed

}

since all the bullets / shells use the exact same parameters right now (cause there is no other choice)

And if i counted correctly its +- 9 vehicles per faction with turrets where about 4 lines would have to be changed. That's work done in ~3 hours at max. So i dont understand why reconfiguring would be the deciding factor.

Some feedback on aiming down the sights when in prone side position.

They way he's leaning could be done better

-prevent clipping (Grenadier prone left his right arm clips through vest)

-Minimize soldier profile (elimiating chicken wing arm support)

-Maximize soldier comfort (we want mimic real life yeah?)

-Give player more visual feedback that you are in side prone (diagonal viewpoint like with Q/E leaning)

So instead of current arm support, I would recommend diagonal support

lean on shoulder instead of arms - and put shoulder stock on shoulder.

Perhaps I should do picture to explain it better.

But in anyway, great implementation decision; )

You have just shown the previous state (You could try rolling back to earlier update to see it if you don't remember). The issue with what we had there was that the engine was unable to properly handle optics when weapon was tilted (misaligning of  3d optics). Thus the reason to introduce poses with weapon held vertically (restoring proper optics work), even if the poses do not seem to be comfortable or plausible (well aware). Should more engine possibilties arise, we may possibly go back to previous state.

You have just shown the previous state (You could try rolling back to earlier update to see it if you don't remember). The issue with what we had there was that the engine was unable to properly handle optics when weapon was tilted (misaligning of  3d optics). Thus the reason to introduce poses with weapon held vertically (restoring proper optics work), even if the poses do not seem to be comfortable or plausible (well aware). Should more engine possibilties arise, we may possibly go back to previous state.

Got it, thanks for the response.

• Fixed: Boats and ships had water sounds even on land
  • Added: Road cones and barriers now have proper land contact

:yay:

So when will you fix this movement bug? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24801

Yep and there'a maybe another plaque mentioned in the ticket notes that is either related or maybe another issue?

That is the issue described by me in the notes. The bug is not really that you can't turn, that is the effect off a too big dead zone. The bug is that the dead zone affects the turning speed when you are walking with sights up.

At first it looked like it only happened with a big dead zone 75%+, but then as I started playing with 50-60% dead zone while waiting for BI to fix this bug I noticed that my avatar was turning slower than normal. So after some tests I concluded that an increase in dead zone also slows the turning speed while walking with sights up. The more dead zone the slower you turn until you can't turn at all (around 75%).

Hello, think I have found one or two bugs on the development version.

Some animations are missing when ai is killed. I have noticed the static gunners instantly skip to dead animation. As well I am hearing popping sounds after firing and sounds are echoing after pausing the game and music keeps stopping after save games in the campaign. I get sky blue texture issues on my rifle scope when travelling in the offroad vehicle too. I will look at feedback tracker now and try to provide some reports.

Is anyone else getting a graphical glitch on the AMS optic?  I'm seeing basically a kalidescope of gray on the ocular lense.  This is with Friday's Dev Branch and Geforce drivers (the drivers are a few versions behind).  Hadn't seen this issue before, but it's been a while since I've messed with the AMS.  Other optics are fine and when I look through the AMS, it works fine.  It's just the texture of the lens when looking at the weapon.

Hosted server bugs since last update. Steam missions are duplicated several times in the mission list, and the server appears to refresh itself every few seconds. After starting a mission, the host player has the loading screen appear every few seconds. The latter issue has happened before. As I recall MP was broken for about a month because of it.

Is anyone else getting a graphical glitch on the AMS optic?  I'm seeing basically a kalidescope of gray on the ocular lense.  This is with Friday's Dev Branch and Geforce drivers (the drivers are a few versions behind).  Hadn't seen this issue before, but it's been a while since I've messed with the AMS.  Other optics are fine and when I look through the AMS, it works fine.  It's just the texture of the lens when looking at the weapon.

No issue with the AMS for me in current dev build.

No issue with the AMS for me in current dev build.

Okay...which graphics driver?  Nvida or AMD?