I sure as heck don't swim downwards when I looks down, or swim up when I look up... Seriously, please make swimming normal again.

Hmmm I tried the diving showcase last night and didn't have this problem.

I, and some others I play with, have the same issue with the Huron.

When was the last time you tested that? It should be already (finally) fixed. The fix came 4 days ago and it's in the latest stable already. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2946857&viewfull=1#post2946857

When was the last time you tested that? It should be already (finally) fixed. The fix came 4 days ago and it's in the latest stable already. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2946857&viewfull=1#post2946857

Yeah noticed that it's gone since 1.46.

This doesn't have to do anything with usb headsets at all, it's been a general 5.1 issue.

Though I notice that the sound when getting in back or pilot seat of the huron is pretty damp in stereo, but crisp and clear as you'd expect it in 5.1.

At least they fixed the loud noise.

Dunno how long this has been there, but looks like some data may have slipped. Particularly a new but 2011 (and awesome) Iran uniform: http://i.imgur.com/D0tKem5.jpg (198 kB)

BIS please make the rest of the CSAT gear that version of the arid camo. It looks good and will actually blend in with stuff unlike the orange crap from before.

Has anyone else found starting a dedicated server in UPNP mode reports "UPNP failed"?

Not sure if anything on my end so thought I would check in here.

Hmmm I tried the diving showcase last night and didn't have this problem.

Thing is, when you swim, you can't observe properly at certain angles without swimming that direction. In other words, if i'm looking off to the side and up, my character will swim up. IF i look to the rear and down behind me, my character swims straight down, which is a problem, at least for me, it's annoying and confusing, especially when swimming in tight spaces.

Thing is, when you swim, you can't observe properly at certain angles without swimming that direction. In other words, if i'm looking off to the side and up, my character will swim up. IF i look to the rear and down behind me, my character swims straight down, which is a problem, at least for me, it's annoying and confusing, especially when swimming in tight spaces.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23866 there you go

Tweaked: Moderate overhaul of freelook, ‘Numpad’ looking and head-tracking behavior (more adjustments in the near future, depending on feedback)

Any details on the changes to head-tracking behavior so they can be tested in depth?

I'm unable to turn while moving with binoculars in hand, I have to stop to change direction.

I notice that the new walk animation with both hands on the gun was pulled. A shame. It wasn't perfect but it was better than the overly casual walk anim. New limits for head tracking seem pretty nice. I really appreciate the new FOV settings. Feels more comfortable overall now.

Edited by Machineabuse

I'm unable to turn while moving with binoculars in hand, I have to stop to change direction.

I'm not seeing any issues with this myself.

Holster Tech is likely to be that of the pistols now appearing in their leg holster when weapon is switched. Only applies to vests that have holsters afaik.

Noticed that if the player has no weapon other than Binoculars, you get a Hide Binoculars action menu option, Not sure if this is new or not.

"unable to turn while moving with binoculars in hand" <- this should only be reproducible in aiming deadzone. Unfortunately, fix for 1 issue has uncovered some incorrect parameters in animation config, which should be fixed in the next dev update. One possible but annoying override until that happens is to lower aiming deadzone under cca 2/3 of the maximum setting (~0.3).

Tweaked: Improved open gate action detection (attempt #2)

You guys really need to improve this stuff a lot. DayZ does this dam well.

/Well it's improved I've to say. But when you're not using the direct sight but you're scanning 360 around the player, the good old climbing accidentally a ladder when you try open a door is even worse now...

Tweaked: Moderate overhaul of freelook, ‘Numpad’ looking and head-tracking behavior (more adjustments in the near future, depending on feedback)

Seems like there's no inertia in this which is good. Sensitivity could be bit bigger but I guess this is to fix the aiming deadzone so it should be the priority? But why negative mouse acceleration inside vehicles?

Fixed: Naked eye FoV is consistent across vehicles even for helicopter gunners

This reminded me that could you please finally fix the toggle zoom ins and outs in vehicles? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16065 I'd really like to use zoom out in some vehicles when I'm driving because it helps a lot to see some surroundings.

Let's add one request also:

Give us an option to toggle off vignette from settings. (Currently only Scroll Lock key toggles it on/off)

At the same time I noticed this toggles off the dev branch version number from the bottom of the screen. I've wondered about that sometimes :p

Edited by St. Jimmy

This reminded me that could you please finally fix the toggle zoom ins and outs in vehicles? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16065 I'd really like to use zoom out in some vehicles when I'm driving because it helps a lot wo see some surroundings.

That would be stellar actually. I have a key bound to zoom out specifically for driving and it helps massively. Having a working toggle would be even better.

I'm liking the new animations and limits for aiming up and down. The wonky backbreakiness is mostly gone with the exception of aiming up and down in prone, which I believe should have a narrower limit.

"unable to turn while moving with binoculars in hand" <- this should only be reproducible in aiming deadzone. Unfortunately, fix for 1 issue has uncovered some incorrect parameters in animation config, which should be fixed in the next dev update. One possible but annoying override until that happens is to lower aiming deadzone under cca 2/3 of the maximum setting (~0.3).

No big deal but thanks for work around.

Can any dev comment on this ticket, or answer me here? Someone told me that the issue in the ticket is not actually a bug, but is rather caused by modeling tolerances, thus cannot be fixed.

Can't create a ticket at the moment, but can anyone else confirm an issue with the Advanced Flight Model and moving Roadway/Geo LOD? I experienced a slight problem while touching down on the LCS-1 leaving Pyrgis port. The landing was as light as a feather. Well, that is until I went up in flames. Not sure of it's a buoyancy issue, but it's Advanced Flight Model related. Landing on moving LOD with Standard Flight Model forked just fine and splendid.

What happened to Magazine compatibility groups feature? which was planned for 1.42 but it still doesn't work even in the newest 1.46

any info when it will work in the game? because it looks like to be really useful feature for mods and being more compatible

Yes I tried that the other day:

CfgWeapons {
class Rifle_Base_F;
class arifle_Katiba_Base_F: Rifle_Base_F {
	magazines[] = {
		"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag",
		"myMagGroup"
	};
};
};

CfgMagazines {
class 30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag;
class 30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green: 30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag {
	magazineGroup[] = {"myMagGroup"};
};	
};

Gives a pop-up warning saying something like:

No entry CfgMagazines\myMagGroup\.
.isNot a blah blah

iirc it's like Arma thinks it's a magazine class, and can't find it. (Unless I'm doing it wrong that is).

I find myself addicted to dev branch change log. :D

I find myself addicted to dev branch change log. :D

You're not alone, reading the changelog is one of my daily routines.:yay:

Did anyone else notice that the AI uses any kind of rocket launcher against infantry?

Edited by R3vo

Looking around got borked in multiple stances since the last update or so... Having the weapon lowered, but both hands on the weapon, I have virtually no vertical freedom in looking around (also it stutters like hell upon fighting these max up/down limits). Oddly enough, a click on the right mouse button helps, such that one hand is now free/not holding the weapon while walking (btw. may I ask what's the idea/point between these two variants?). Either way I can look around fine while standing still, even with first lowered weapon stance. But once I'm moving, all I can do is looking straight ahead, and it's super annoying.

A similar "vertical look around restriction" seems to happen in some prone stances too I think, but I can't really tell. Maybe these newly added animations, people don't seem to be too kind of, all show this bug?

Did nobody else notice this yet?

Or has some new freelook option or some other setting been implemented that I need to tweak now?