AI are sometimes ignoring setUnitPos "MIDDLE" in the current build. It seems to happen only during combat. A unit forced to use "MIDDLE" stance will randomly stand up and then immediately crouch again while in contact, then after the area is deemed clear, they will sometimes stand up and stay that way. Maybe something to do with this:

Tweaked: AI idling animations with rifle lowered

?

You are right, naked eyes got 50% higher magnification in this update, which brings most of the scope magnifications reported in the UI into line.

It's a big change though, will be interesting to see how well the AI can see vs players now.

thats really excellent, a better sight picture is always good. never liked the tiny reticles held so far away at arms lenght. a good sight picture is critical when shooting.

im out the country, so will have to see for myself in a while.

You can't change FOV online in Arma.

I'm almost certain you can, unless something's been changed.

You can't change FOV online in Arma.

Well you likely mean you can't easily just use a slider in a menu to change the FOV like in DayZ. But in Arma you can still change fovTop and fovLeft values from the configs and if you want to change those, sights aren't correct anymore.

I reported this and it was closed the same day: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23278

Last time I tested, those FOV settings in the config don't change anything when you connect to a server. I never tested it in singleplayer.

Changing the config has always worked fine for me, in SP and MP. I think you did something wrong.

I reported this and it was closed the same day: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23278

Last time I tested, those FOV settings in the config don't change anything when you connect to a server. I never tested it in singleplayer.

FOV needs to be changed before you start the game just like any other config changes.

I guess your ticket was misunderstood because FOV can be changed without modding. Likely Adam thought that you meant instant FOV changing in the game...

Edited by St. Jimmy

FOV needs to be changed before you start the game just like any other config changes.

I guess your ticket was misunderstood because FOV can be changed without modding. Likely Adam thought that you meant instant FOV changing in the game...

Modifying config manually is modding in a way, so they don't have to support it officially. I wish they would though.

I think BI don't want that feature. Because every man sees with the same FOV. It would be unrealistic if i could change my fov to 120 and i would see more then others.

That's not the same thing because you can control what mods are allowed on the server but you can't control what config changes people apply in their config files. I'll reopen the ticket and we'll see what's up. :)

Modifying config manually is modding in a way, so they don't have to support it officially. I wish they would though.

Hmmm well yeah you're likely right in that one. Some things are supported through cfg and profile file editing but I could understand why FoV isn't even though the option is there.

But yeah BullHorn try to get some answer in ticket :) Maybe their mind has changed.

they do support modding officially...

I think BI don't want that feature. Because every man sees with the same FOV. It would be unrealistic if i could change my fov to 120 and i would see more then others.

No this would be no problem. You can't see very far with FOV 120. Changing the FOV to far less would be problematic, because thats how you zoom in. FOV and zooming is hard-tied together.

We are very sorry, this issue was closed as no-bug. There is a free-look option in Arma 3 and it should be enough for good gameplay experience.
Adjusting FOV can only be done by the use of mods. Sorry but this is not a bug.
Edited by X3KJ

It's a shame BI aren't open to the idea. An in game FOV setting than only affects the default zoom views would be an improvement over misusing the userprofile aspect ratio settings. Can't the config inherit a value from the userprofile? As for making the game less open to cheating, make it require a restart on change to avoid misuse.

You'd think they could completely remove the widely misused user profile FOV numbers anyway, since the game knows the resolution and aspect ratio it is displaying. There really can't be many users still using CRT displays (which is the only case I can think of that could require the aspect ratio to be different to the resolution).

I'd just like to point out that the wake caused by vehicles in the water are bad. The particle effects not only don't last long enough, but don't exactly look too good either. Also, Amphibious vehicles move far too slowly.

Its good that you guys mentioned the FOV issue. I bumped the report and Adam reaknowledged it. :thumbs_up:

No this would be no problem. You can't see very far with FOV 120. Changing the FOV to far less would be problematic, because thats how you zoom in. FOV and zooming is hard-tied together.

True, but you need binocular or some kind of optic for zooming. If FOV would be an option in the settings, then i could zoom in and out without any in the game optical item. Do you know what i mean?

Eg: When i enter in the building i would increase the fov to see more on sides. When i camping on the hill i would decrease as much as possible to increase the zoom. It's not how the human eye works. :)

If FOV would be an option in the settings, then i could zoom in and out without any in the game optical item. Do you know what i mean?

That's what i said...

Added: Assault Packs icons

Added: Kerry's backpack and Kitbag (Coyote) icons

Loving this icon fixing! really soothing my OCD!

I think the only one left from the backpacks is the Remote Designator Bag [CSAT] which currently has the Carryall backpack (Hex) icon instead of the Assault Pack (Hex) icon.

Now last but not least those scope attachments ;)

If I were allowed but one change in this respect it would be the addition of Black versions of the ARCO and HOLO sights.

Going further though; NV scope currently has the icon for a Black ARCO, though the model appears to be that of the NV scope.

Ideally Clearer colour coordination and naming for the NV and Thermal scopes in the same way as the new Marksman scopes have been done.

Black/Khaki/Sand for example, though saying that a bright sand colour for a Night vision scope is not very practical/stealthy.

Good show folks!

E

Loving this icon fixing! really soothing my OCD!

I think the only one left from the backpacks is the Remote Designator Bag [CSAT] which currently has the Carryall backpack (Hex) icon instead of the Assault Pack (Hex) icon.

Now last but not least those scope attachments ;)

If I were allowed but one change in this respect it would be the addition of Black versions of the ARCO and HOLO sights.

Going further though; NV scope currently has the icon for a Black ARCO, though the model appears to be that of the NV scope.

Ideally Clearer colour coordination and naming for the NV and Thermal scopes in the same way as the new Marksman scopes have been done.

Black/Khaki/Sand for example, though saying that a bright sand colour for a Night vision scope is not very practical/stealthy.

Good show folks!

E

In addition it would be great if UAV Terminals and UAV Backpacks were easier distinguishable.

If there is still a dev working on the arsenal, may I suggest to increase the width of the windows?

Click me

Many names are cut off and can't be read.

Edited by R3vo

Tweaked: Non-local ragdoll weapons now collide as kinematic actors, so they don't break walls / trees

To clarify, this refers to the infamous bug where you kill a guy and the wall next to him falls over? If so, good fix.

Regarding Kerry's backpack, I wish BIS would add a vanilla version of that pack without Kerry's name on it. It looks so much better than the normal assault pack.

To clarify, this refers to the infamous bug where you kill a guy and the wall next to him falls over? If so, good fix.

Regarding Kerry's backpack, I wish BIS would add a vanilla version of that pack without Kerry's name on it. It looks so much better than the normal assault pack.

I cannot agree more.

Gentlemen, could anyone verify that the "remoteExec" is working again. It has been working in the recent past, then it stopped working for me. I have used the new information added in wiki description.ext along with the recent changes in the syntax.

Killzone, has confirmed that up to last Friday is was NOT working but today there was another reference about fixes regarding the above command, so I am wondering if I am doing something else wrong. If anyone can confirm that it IS working, then I 'll take it from there.

Went for a swim the other day and the way swimming and looking is, feels terrible now. Not sure what you guys did, but it's confusing and clunky now. I sure as heck don't swim downwards when I looks down, or swim up when I look up... Seriously, please make swimming normal again.

Got the exactly same issue with the huron since Heli DLC release.

Enter chopper in first person with sound on stereo -> no problem

Do the same with sound on 5.1 -> blasting noise

sounds like the sound is getting mixed to the left front channel only, ignoring the other surround channels.

I, and some others I play with, have the same issue with the Huron.