if you dont have a detailed crash sim, than its ok like its atm. so you can´t use the car anymore. its more a visual thing that the wheels get blown, to show that the front is damaged.

i am fine with that , till we get a crash sim in the game.

The visual damage to the vehicle is good to hit 40km/H and has received result in damage to the engine. But the wheels is not logical to explode at that speed, which should make a small adjustment in this regard. :don2: :icon_hm:

Yeah your car should start rolling slowly and loosely away the wheels shouldn't explode, at least at some speeds hopefully depending on how you hit something

Yeah your car should start rolling slowly and loosely away the wheels shouldn't explode, at least at some speeds hopefully depending on how you hit something

Well he also used an Off-road in the video. The off-road has extra beam supports as well, so judging by these factors and from the Offroad's I've seen in real life, the ones in game are no match. A tweak to their durability would be essential, that is, if they weren't planning on adding in some more durable vehicles like military off roads or special forces ULCV's.

if you dont have a detailed crash sim, than its ok like its atm. so you can´t use the car anymore. its more a visual thing that the wheels get blown, to show that the front is damaged.

i am fine with that , till we get a crash sim in the game.

A small story from an (unknown) Russian game studio:

A game has a bug - an enemy dies just from being hit by a grenade (which didn't explode yet)

(Designer)- Nothing works! Developers have broken everything again!

(Developer)- Let me see... Now, why have you set the grenade mass to 100kg?

- Otherwise it doesn't sink in water

- Why can't it sink with normal mass?

- Because water has high density (author note: it was set to more than that of mercury)

- Why have you set it so high?

- So wooden boxes could float

- Why don't they float without that?

- Because we set their mass to 50kg

- Why???

- They don't break beautifully otherwise

=> Such workarounds are always bad :)

Edited by DarkWanderer

Is it likely that hotfix 1.30 will be released today ?

As mentioned in a reply, we don't prefer releasing updates on Fridays due to quick maintenance being more complicated (and the game ideally being stable over the weekend). Besides that, the stress testing yesterday did not deliver the results we were hoping for. Our programmers are digging through the huge logs to find out more and implement more optimizations. Whether the desync problem affects everyone or not: I'd say not, or at least not as much. The trouble is that there are very many variables in play: the game's netcode, bandwidth between server and clients, server hardware, configuration of server and clients, mods, scenarios & scripts, anti-cheat systems, third-party software, etc. We are now mainly trying to find out what made desync worse between 1.24 and 1.26.

Early next week is more likely. The development for this first batch of vehicles was finished yesterday, but there are some bug fixes pending (ones too big even for Dev-Branch ;))Then QA needs to approve it (they are swamped with MP testing).

Thanks for letting us know, couple of extra days to wait for this is nothing! :thumbsup:

A small story from an (unknown) Russian game studio:

=> Such workarounds are always bad :)

I've seen that in other occasions in the EU and USA, it's quite a typical way to solve software issues in industrial enviroments, when the costumers can't wait, the funny thing is that they pile up until they become a snowball and obviously everything must be started from scratch after a while.

Thank God in videogames that can be avoided.

No update today - we are carefully preparing the data for Firing from Vehicles staging

Sounds cool really looking forward to this, does it mean that we will be able to open doors again on choppers then?

Also DNA I'd like to pm you about some anomalies i think im seeing at the times you data lock, is that ok via pm?

Sounds cool really looking forward to this, does it mean that we will be able to open doors again on choppers then?

Also DNA I'd like to pm you about some anomalies i think im seeing at the times you data lock, is that ok via pm?

except this time i hope they will do it with clicking with your mouse like TOH has (as in the class UserAction integration)

Edited by dezkit

Has anyone noticed if logged as admin there is no option to lock/unlock vehicles in MP game (editor and stable branch is fine) ???

VON in mp is still broken.

Tho, it does work off & on for people.

I'm wondering if it's a conflict with ambient sounds? Or channels?

Waste of time downloading the beta and 1.30RC then, why is this not a priority to fix a game breaking issue such as VON ?

Waste of time downloading the beta and 1.30RC then, why is this not a priority to fix a game breaking issue such as VON ?

Von works ok most of the time, maybe. But it does have it's massive down sides. But I wouldn't bet time on improving or re making VON, because it's only your basic multiplayer chat system.

Well sadly Direct chat is controlled by effects volume , I wish it could at least be seperated.

VON should be something revisited at one point, not saying they need like ACRE level stuff but at least better quality or less glitches is a good idea for some time, after they are done with the features they are adding.

Well sadly Direct chat is controlled by effects volume , I wish it could at least be seperated.

Why should it be any different?

Because, its not a proper ratio... (of effects to direct volume)

Direct chat is not the most well designed thing, so sometimes its overly quiet in certain scenarios etc etc

Overall, it should be seperated because some effects are really loud, and if I cannot properly hear someone in direct, and I really should be able to in real life (from the same distance etc) then I really shouldnt have to turn up my effects until tanks burst my ears.

I am not suggesting some shitty unrealistc options so kids can turn up their direct until they can hear people coming a mile away.

And by "turn up" I dont mean change the distance, or dropoff, I just mean it should be "scaled" louder

I take you haven't been in the military?

Hearing your comrades during a firefight is a task in itself, most often you can't hear them unless they are really shouting.

Gunfire, and especially the big guns do burst your ears, and while this is not a desired effect in a game, it should still affect how well you hear direct chat, I think the current volume level does that very well, i.e not devastating your hearing but making it difficult to actually hear what your teamies are saying when there's lead in the air.

In my opinion, VON should be handled differently. Maybe like frequency wise. That'd be interesting and realistic. So you can get off the frequency that people are spamming, and get rid of lag.

They should just implement a Task Force Arrowhead Radio style system (At least for audio). It's so much easier to communicate with that. You don't have a bunch of people on Side chat, there can be multiple command nets, other people can tune into your team (or "group") chat, and you don't have to flip through channels to talk to people near you. Plus it sounds badass.

@ Gentlemen above: Maybe I'm misreading and I certainly don't mean to act by my name here or anything, but direct chat has nothing to do with radios, it's the actual talking in the 3D sound space of the game environment.

@captain obvious

I don't need to be in the military, I am not talking about voice during gunfire, Im talking about it during the dead silence of night and the problems with volume in direct, no gunfire or anything going on.

Also to anyone who doesnt know direct chat is controlled by effects slider, which is not a good idea at all as I already stated.

@captain obvious

I don't need to be in the military, I am not talking about voice during gunfire, Im talking about it during the dead silence of night and the problems with volume in direct, no gunfire or anything going on.

Also to anyone who doesnt know direct chat is controlled by effects slider, which is not a good idea at all as I already stated.

So what are you suggesting here? That there should be a slider in the options to manage the volume of someone's avatar talking in the game environment? No thanks.

@captain obvious

consider that VON in games generally is "buggy" which can lead to cutting off and volume problems (not an arma specific problem at all). the cause of that is also not always only VON itself. there are many variables. shitty mics, people being too far from their mics, people mumbling in general, people sending a low signal because their mic isn't properly configged in windows control panel etc.

so it's hard to make general statements about it beyond "it's not as good as teamspeak", which again most games i know suffer from, and "it's broken entirely sometimes", which is a real issue.

about the extra slider. i could agree on it for radio channels since vanilla doesn't simulate radios and their own volume control. but for direct i think there has to be a set value in proportion to everything else to keep its "realism" intact.

Gonna have to bring this up for fixing, but the Mini gun on the Orca needs spread. It's so precise, that it's a pain in the neck to shoot, at pure luck to hit anything with it, other than a truck or big helicopter.

Gonna have to bring this up for fixing, but the Mini gun on the Orca needs spread. It's so precise, that it's a pain in the neck to shoot, at pure luck to hit anything with it, other than a truck or big helicopter.

I second that. Without splash damage it needs some spread if you want to hit an infantry target.