Dont know what is going on, before the update i was playing fine online; now im constantly dropping to 8frames every 5secs. I can play singleplayer fine at 40frames?

this is geting old already. You can't judhe the game by multiplayer performance, since it depends on server you playing on. Does that happen on any server?

One of the features shown in a video a long while back showed off being able to put explosive charges or satchels on vehicles...

Please tell me that will make it into the beta or full release, thats been a needed and wanted feature since OFP.

this is geting old already. You can't judhe the game by multiplayer performance, since it depends on server you playing on. Does that happen on any server?

What's getting old are the excuses, and the problems themselves to an extent. Let's not judge multiplayer performance based on multiplayer performance after all. :rolleyes:

It happens in multiplayer period, whether you are hosting a coop for a friend or running a Cray XC-30 for 30 people. I can design a mission in the editor and run through it in the editor, then load it up in multiplayer and see a consistent 10fps drop simply by loading the mission in multiplayer, with no one else in the game with me. When someone joins it will drop even more. There's just something wrong with the multiplayer currently. It's still Beta after all too, I'm not saying it needs to be fixed right this second. Trying to stymie feedback about it though, simply because it rubs you the wrong way or you've got rose colored glasses on, doesn't help anything or anyone.

One of the features shown in a video a long while back showed off being able to put explosive charges or satchels on vehicles...

Please tell me that will make it into the beta or full release, thats been a needed and wanted feature since OFP.

this should hopefully make it :) if not im sure ACE will do the job for them

can somebody point me to where the Firing range drills are at. I want to take a look at their scripting and maybe change the layout around.

can somebody point me to where the Firing range drills are at. I want to take a look at their scripting and maybe change the layout around.

I would guess in Missions_f_Beta.pbo in your Addons directory.

Has nobody else noticed how different the helicopters handle now? People are complaining about the lack of the TOH flight model, but it's far less twitchy than it was before. I've just ahd my first go in the Little Bird for the first time since beta and found it's a lot smoother and less agile. I think I prefer it, but now I have to unlearn everything I did about it from alpha. Rule one: No more silly dives at enemies. Also, dem minigun tracers.

The night mission is bugged for me, i start sort of clipping into the boat and everything gets repeated twice, the first time everything was blue, the second time i could see normally but was still clipped inside.

Also the stars at night with no NV are just big white orbs, and they only look normal when you wear NV. Is there any way to fix it?

The night mission is bugged for me, i start sort of clipping into the boat and everything gets repeated twice, the first time everything was blue, the second time i could see normally but was still clipped inside.

Also the stars at night with no NV are just big white orbs, and they only look normal when you wear NV. Is there any way to fix it?

You're using CBA, that at the present time has a bug that duplicates a lot of objects, events and such...

Disable it until CBA Beta4 is published (will happen as soon as Beta goes from Development Build to Main Branch)...

Yay!

Has nobody else noticed how different the helicopters handle now? People are complaining about the lack of the TOH flight model, but it's far less twitchy than it was before. I've just ahd my first go in the Little Bird for the first time since beta and found it's a lot smoother and less agile. I think I prefer it, but now I have to unlearn everything I did about it from alpha. Rule one: No more silly dives at enemies. Also, dem minigun tracers.

The problem is that helicopters should require at least some skill to keep them in the air. AS it is now it actually takes some effort to crash it.

The problem is that helicopters should require at least some skill to keep them in the air. AS it is now it actually takes some effort to crash it.

It may seem a silly question, but may I ask why? I mean, apart from the have a close, insular community of e-peen for flying something that's hard for the sake of it being hard, what are the benefits of it being harder to fly in the game? Besides that as a pretty major question, the modifications to the FM that I've seen has changed the dynamics of flight by quite a bit. The Little Bird is far less agile now, I can't spin on the spot or do as daring manoeuvres as I could last week; I've already crashed a couple of times flying around on the editor finding this out, and I didn't have to put effort into trying to cause it.

I can't help but feel that no matter what BIS do to the flight model, someone will pan it as 'too easy'. I think I actually quite this iteration of it quite a lot now I've had a few hours playing with it.

Are you using a midrange texture replacement? This bug is most likely caused by a incompatibility.

Btw, has someone else noticed a invisible obstacle close to the UH-80's landing gear when it's sitting on the ground?

It may seem a silly question, but may I ask why? I mean, apart from the have a close, insular community of e-peen for flying something that's hard for the sake of it being hard, what are the benefits of it being harder to fly in the game? Besides that as a pretty major question, the modifications to the FM that I've seen has changed the dynamics of flight by quite a bit. The Little Bird is far less agile now, I can't spin on the spot or do as daring manoeuvres as I could last week; I've already crashed a couple of times flying around on the editor finding this out, and I didn't have to put effort into trying to cause it.

I can't help but feel that no matter what BIS do to the flight model, someone will pan it as 'too easy'. I think I actually quite this iteration of it quite a lot now I've had a few hours playing with it.

The FM and Take On Helicopters has been brought up numerous times, you can do a quick search to find arguments for both sides (nothing that's needed for this thread)

My views, are I would love to see the Take On Helicopters flight model brought over, I would fly only on the hardest difficulty. It's not about creating a sub community of E-Peen, but rather a flight model that responds and feels correctly. The aircraft's in TKOH respond somewhat correctly for the situations you put them in. IE you can't do sharp maneuvers without risking heavy damage to your aircraft.

I can and I enjoy flying in TKOH on the hardest difficulty with ease because I know how the aircraft will respond with whatever inputs I use. (I of course use a HOTAS control set up). Yes it has a bit of a learning curve for people who don't know how to compensate and adjust trim, but it's a great experience once you do.

When I get in a helicopters in Arma 3 I can't fly at all, because it is far to arcade like. I end up having to use my keyboard and mouse to fly and even then I'm a sub par pilot.

A perfect world would see both flight models added into the game and a separate difficulty for it when selecting the mission. Allowing mission host's to choose if they want to have a realistic flight model in place, or the current one. It shouldn't be about compromising one or the other, but rather combining both into a situation that allows the mission host to have some more in-depth control over difficulty ranges.

The issues with that is all the extra coding required for the AI to behave correctly in each difficulty. It's also very time consuming adding all the physics to each aircraft. The future will let us know. If not at release, hopefully with the eventual re-armed addon which officially combines previous titles.

Are you using a midrange texture replacement? This bug is most likely caused by a incompatibility.

Btw, has someone else noticed a invisible obstacle close to the UH-80's landing gear when it's sitting on the ground?

that fixed it, thanks!

After looking at some screenies ala http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3800341/Arma_3_Beta_Motor_pool#Post3800341

I must ask../hope to the devs

Why do the vehicles look so darn clean and unused?

or perhaps its just the quality of the screenshots? I have yet to finish dling the beta ^.^ shitty internets.

Why not? They're probably meant to be brand new and highly maintained. God that just reminded me of the critiques from people in the 3D modelling community. If you made a gun and god forbid it didn't look like some Russian used it as a shovel for two decades, they said it looked like crap. Please don't bring that to Arma ;)

Hello

I've noticed, for a long time now, a weird grid in the night sky, especially on the white clouds (it's a black grid) and in the more blue parts (the higher you look to the sky the more visible the grid becomes). Does anyone else noticed this as well? it just happens in ARMA 3 and during the night.

Thanks

I find the speedboat no longer have sounds. Don't know since when, I just tried it just now

Why not? They're probably meant to be brand new and highly maintained. God that just reminded me of the critiques from people in the 3D modelling community. If you made a gun and god forbid it didn't look like some Russian used it as a shovel for two decades, they said it looked like crap. Please don't bring that to Arma ;)

/sigh....

I dont know what else to say

Thankfully you are incompetant :D

On attaining higher resoultion shots they do have some degree of wear and tear

one should not some vehicles they included are not new* at all.

http://www.abload.de/img/259766_196649653715106cdkw.jpg

I wonder if they have plans on variations ala rhs variations

Edited by Masharra

Tried some of the showcase missions and I have to say that veteran difficulty is unplayable. The AI is capable of suppressing and killing me with Rook pistols from an impressive distance while my MX fails to hit the target at similar distances. At regular difficulty, the friendly AI carves through the enemy easily (combined arms).

Huh. Anyone else feel like the Mi-48 is a bit brutal? I spawned one against the new blufor APC, and even though I scored a hell of a lot of hits with the 40mm cannon on that thing, it did almost nothing to it while it was able to disable my vehicle completely in one burst of fire. If I hit it from even a little bit of an angle I disable the rotors pretty easily, but that thing is built like a tank in the front.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=M16+in+Afghanistan

I challenge you to find clean rifles.

Huh. Anyone else feel like the Mi-48 is a bit brutal? I spawned one against the new blufor APC, and even though I scored a hell of a lot of hits with the 40mm cannon on that thing, it did almost nothing to it while it was able to disable my vehicle completely in one burst of fire. If I hit it from even a little bit of an angle I disable the rotors pretty easily, but that thing is built like a tank in the front.

I haven't tried shooting it with GLs or the 40mm cannon yet, but one AA missile completely disabled (i.e. it exploded into fire and the rotors stopped with the crew all dead) one in multiplayer yesterday. That's actually fairly unrealistic, AA missiles rarely do huge amounts of damage, especially shoulder launched, they often explode in proximity rather than with a direct hit and damage unique areas of the aircraft, I'd prefer to see the pilots get a chance to autorotate to safety rather than being immediately killed.

And all that frag has a good chance to disable critical control components, leaving the crew helpless to do anything but fall to their deaths.

As always, there should be a lot of randomization, with both results possible.

I haven't tried shooting it with GLs or the 40mm cannon yet, but one AA missile completely disabled (i.e. it exploded into fire and the rotors stopped with the crew all dead) one in multiplayer yesterday. That's actually fairly unrealistic, AA missiles rarely do huge amounts of damage, especially shoulder launched, they often explode in proximity rather than with a direct hit and damage unique areas of the aircraft, I'd prefer to see the pilots get a chance to autorotate to safety rather than being immediately killed.
Are you talking about the Titan MPRL (a MANPADS) or the AH-99 Blackfoot's ASRAAM? I'm guessing that you mean the Titan AA, but mind you, the Mi-48 has no tailrotor...