I wonder how much devs are aware of tons of bugs with inventory system? Currently its a huge gamebreaker for loot-driven missions (where conserving ammo, saving good guns is key part) Stuff dupes even when you don't really want it, as well as disappears or simply unaccessible by anyone. I'm not even sure if its worth it to submit these bugs with repros, everything is so broken that it feels that it will be easier to scrap everything and do complete rewrite of inventory system. Can somebody enlighten me about current state of things with inventory fixing process? Thanks.

There are a lot of issues with it:

- Cannot pick up backpacks

- Duping items

- Right clicking still makes them dissappear into thin air on occassion

- Dragging and dropping sometimes flat out doesn't work

- NV Goggles still can't be added to ammo containers

- NV Goggles cannot be removed with removeItem, you must unassign them (probably related to the previous problem I listed)

Aiming deadzone is still broken too, almost 3 months after alpha's release

Considering that deadzone isn't some obscure gameplay element but is related to main controls BIS is slacking on this one.

Pistols really need a balance patch. They are far too weak right now

Agreed, there's no point in even using them right now. At 25m it's still hard to get a kill.

I thought i was the only one who was having trouble using the hand guns hehe.

Agreed, there's no point in even using them right now. At 25m it's still hard to get a kill.

Well, it is with a pistol :) If you're having to use a pistol, it's because things have already gone very fubar. And/or you're in a building. Pistols are not really battlefield suitable IMO, if you're having to use a pistol, you should be gtfo :D ;)

I'm not even sure if its worth it to submit these bugs with repros, everything is so broken that it feels that it will be easier to scrap everything and do complete rewrite of inventory system.

Please make the effort and describe the issues on feedback tracker. Otherwise it is impossible to track down all of them and solve them. Some of the problems with disappering items have been solved in the latest exe (0.61.105900) BUT if there is no repro, we dont have anything to test against. Sheer complaining gets us nowhere.

There is an important difference between behaviour in MP and SP, some actions can work in SP but be broken entirely in MP. Our QA is doing best it can to find all bugs, but the importance of "more eyes" of FB tracker is significant.

Please make the effort and describe the issues on feedback tracker. Otherwise it is impossible to track down all of them and solve them. Some of the problems with disappering items have been solved in the latest exe (0.61.105900) BUT if there is no repro, we dont have anything to test against. Sheer complaining gets us nowhere.

There is an important difference between behaviour in MP and SP, some actions can work in SP but be broken entirely in MP. Our QA is doing best it can to find all bugs, but the importance of "more eyes" of FB tracker is significant.

Thanks for the green light, we will do our best (already have several repros documented).

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Anyone else noticed freezes on all clients when new player joins the game and shows as "connected" in the chat? We started to notice it since last public update, it might have something to do with new spawn.

I'd like to add to this discussion by saying when will weapons (when picked out of ammo box or corpse) pull over the right ammo instead of having to select the ammo separately? I know its a few extra moments but when you like to switch weapons a lot through out your mission or game it becomes tiresome.

And on top of that, when you take an ammoless weapon you char switches to pistol. I could live with taking weapons with no ammo since you get the option to "Rearm at..." but geting stuck with animations is a pain.

might it be possible that todays update also fixes this issue? (cant test it yet.. work..)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8515

Gonna quote this for now, I get this issue on my Stratis-RP mission; I will try it on Dev build when I get home to confirm it.

SaMatra do you answer your inbox or email if you can get back to me would be great

Agree. Last I checked it is two shots to the face to kill(at point blank) which is annoying. Also the switching mechanics makes them a last resort instead of a secondary.

In arma 2 they were useless as well.

Agree. Last I checked it is two shots to the face to kill(at point blank) which is annoying. Also the switching mechanics makes them a last resort instead of a secondary.

In arma 2 they were useless as well.

Agree.

Agree.

This is not a game were "balance" is used. Realism and simulation is how this game works. Did you shoot the person's helmet? Some helmats in real life can deflect or stop small 6mm bullets.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

"balance" is not used in this simlator, realism and simulation is how the game works.

"balance" is not used in this simlator, realism and simulation is how the game works.

Taskforce Balance will disagree :P

But yeah, the balance pretty much originates from reality

This is not a game were "balance" is used. Realism and simulation is how this game works. Did you shoot the person's helmet? Some helmats in real life can deflect or stop small 6mm bullets.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Me and a friend were testing the lethality of the pistol. Had the sights right between the eyebrows. Given height over bore, that would still be a kill shot. He was wearing a helmet though. Maybe if you put a helmet on the game will will just attribute it as one hitbox. Forgot the result without one.

Also would like to point out that Arma is a very authentic GAME not a simulator. VBS is a Simulator.

If the game is balanced about being authentic then why can a man take a 9mm bullet to the face at point blank range? lol That seems kind of silly and the opposite of authentic.

Seems to be a crumbling building is not so dangerous. :D

Vote http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6511 if you want this to be fixed.

And something else.

No target command appear twice.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2210/arma32013052922514125.jpg (161 kB)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8888

Edited by Danil-ch

There's an issue about prone position. It makes my fps drop slightly. This happens at least in Kamino Firing Range but I'll test today if it happens anywhere else. This is noticeable at least with sniper scopes. This combined with Broccoli trees is super fps killer.

Made a ticket about it yesterday http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8905

Edited by St. Jimmy
Just tested in the airfield watching normal trees and the missing crawl sand sound in rpt wasn't related.

True, broccoli trees is super fps killer in the forest at this time. :/ I can maintain 60fps anywhere except when there is trees and brocolli trees.

I've seen The Blues Brothers. It's entirely possible to survive the collapse of a building.

-Vl1byi6wXE

:)