or you can buy gaming headphones, like creative tactics 3d, which have their own usb soundchip, which made me get rid of my creative x-fi extreme music card, for more airflow to my GPU. Also it sounds good.

Try using layers of snares, kicks, clicks and put some effects on it, find some reference material and tweak it after that. With the right amount of skill i think you could come up with some really good samples :). But regarding the sound ingame, i to think there could be some tweaking, but as they've stated in latest spotrep audio is being looked in to.

yeah i used two layers from a sound bank, one layer from a youtube video, one layer of a click, a layer from another video and a layer of BF3's m40, a clicky fragment to add some hi's to the sound, tried drums and stuff - not good, i guess i should grab something flat and heavy and splash it against some surface and record that, this will give a nice body to the whole sound, but again, this will not sound like a huge rifle, still better than it's in the game right now :) will continue the search

this is first time i see, someone trying to backup his words with own work. Unlike in 99% cases, people simply say: "dis no guut, it sux":)

this is first time i see, someone trying to backup his words with own work. Unlike in 99% cases, people simply say: "dis no guut, it sux":)

if only i had the necessary resources like a good pro mic :( unfortunately my current job has nothing to do with sound engineering, so i have no access, but anyway, bis will make it 1000 times better, the sounds in the game are solid, i will never achieve that at home

Yo guys, does anyone know where the GM6 Lynx and Cheytac ammo is located? Or is it just used via classnames so far.

So far all of the Sniper Package content is accessed via classnames or placing Snipers or Spotters, but I posted the classnames earlier in this thread; the GM6 'magazine' is "5Rnd_127x108_Mag" (ammo is "B_127x108_APDS") and the LRR 'magazine' is "7Rnd_408_Mag" (ammo is "B_408_Ball").

Well I just want to officially apologize for being such a hardass about the lighting tweaks. Early on everything was so screwed up in the process, that I didn't keep my patience and remember it's all Alpha content and will be improved. Here near the end of May, just over a month since the lighting tweaks began, I can comfortably say I am so grateful for the work you devs put in on that. The night environment looks infinitely better than it did when the Alpha went live. You guys should be proud, it truly is the most immersive and realistic looking game I've seen yet. Sure it's technically limited by today's hardware, but man for what it does it does amazingly. Keep up it up guys!

Now onto dev branch discussion. For some odd reason, I have been getting weird flickering on rocks lately... odd. I did upgrade my GPU on the 24th, and now running it at stock clocks I'm seeing wierd flickering on rocks at night time only. During daylight everythings fine. Anyone else?

Well I just want to officially apologize for being such a hardass about the lighting tweaks. Early on everything was so screwed up in the process, that I didn't keep my patience and remember it's all Alpha content and will be improved. Here near the end of May, just over a month since the lighting tweaks began, I can comfortably say I am so grateful for the work you devs put in on that. The night environment looks infinitely better than it did when the Alpha went live. You guys should be proud, it truly is the most immersive and realistic looking game I've seen yet. Sure it's technically limited by today's hardware, but man for what it does it does amazingly. Keep up it up guys!

Now onto dev branch discussion. For some odd reason, I have been getting weird flickering on rocks lately... odd. I did upgrade my GPU on the 24th, and now running it at stock clocks I'm seeing wierd flickering on rocks at night time only. During daylight everythings fine. Anyone else?

If you think it's good Darkleader, then it IS good! lol. I agree there is a huge improvement and therefore I don't fear when we get to the final release most of the tweaking and bugs will be fixed.

i ask you once again - why should i? can you tell me? i'm not gonna prove anything to ppl on the webz i don't even know, you may think whatever you want, haters gonna hate, i also don't know why are you so butthurt? are you a BIS sound engineer who's oversensitive to criticism? ok, i'm done with you all :) even you guys can do better, just grab some good samples, layer them, EQ, compress and that's all, BIS currently haven't done crap about it, just an overdone muddy reverb tail - that's a fact, not just my vivid imagination, i didn't say it was bad and bis should burn in flames, i said it needed more work and i hope they make it alright in the end, as i know they can

you can eq and compress all the samples you want, but until some rtrue stereo reverb processing in game will be added, it will be a simple, static, sample.

One thing I did not like about the new sniper content is that when switching to the rangefinder, the sniper puts the rifle on his back really fast. I think it would look better if the sniper just puts the rifle on the ground next to him.

I know this has nothing to do with the new content, but its most apparent when playing one of the new snipers.

One thing I did not like about the new sniper content is that when switching to the rangefinder, the sniper puts the rifle on his back really fast. I think it would look better if the sniper just puts the rifle on the ground next to him.

I know this has nothing to do with the new content, but its most apparent when playing one of the new snipers.

quite an useful idea! Would save a lot of time. Works only, if you are lying on the ground ofcourse.

I fully agree, sometimes the geometry of rocks change completelly and looks awfull. They should fix the LOD for rocks too.

I fully agree, sometimes the geometry of rocks change completelly and looks awfull. They should fix the LOD for rocks too.

Yup, I've noticed an increase in flickering shadows and wrong LODs for rocks as well

sometimes i wonder how much resources it would take to make the lods blend into each other using alpha blending. i'm not sure if that's the right term but you basically would make the previous lod fade out so it would blend into the next one instead of just harshly switching them.

lods should still be blending better and look less different but i think that would erase a lot of the movement in the scene created by lod switching. just a thought i had.

So far all of the Sniper Package content is accessed via classnames or placing Snipers or Spotters, but I posted the classnames earlier in this thread; the GM6 'magazine' is "5Rnd_127x108_Mag" (ammo is "B_127x108_APDS") and the LRR 'magazine' is "7Rnd_408_Mag" (ammo is "B_408_Ball").

Cheers mate.

Yeah the LOD flickering right now is really really bad. I pretty much have to play on Object Quality - High or more if I want to avoid it, but this comes with a massive toll on performance. Probably the worst thing you could do besides ramping up view distance to higher levels.

sometimes i wonder how much resources it would take to make the lods blend into each other using alpha blending. i'm not sure if that's the right term but you basically would make the previous lod fade out so it would blend into the next one instead of just harshly switching them.

lods should still be blending better and look less different but i think that would erase a lot of the movement in the scene created by lod switching. just a thought i had.

Maybe some hysteresis would solve the thing with a smaller impact. If I understand correctly, the switching between LODs is done at a certain distance?

i guess what he means, is smoother LOD transition, right now, you can see, how LOD changes on objects, looks ugly.

Firstly I would like to say, overall a great game even in Alpha, however I would like to note that I was disappointed when they removed the skirmish modules from the editor without documenting it in the spotrep. There is quite a few user mission that have been created which no longer can be played as a result of removing the skirmish modules.

The skirmish modules were the only way for new comers to designing mission who have little or no scripting knowledge to set up dynamic spawns, dynamic patrols etc. I understand that some of the skirmish module had issues especially the dynamic spawn module where it would spawn vehicle on other object which caused them to explode. But to remove them without documenting them, has baffled some of us.

So there nothing much we can do about our missions that have skirmish modules in them. Just means we have to find a way to do scripting that does the same function as the skirmish modules did and without a dedicated guide and tutorials on scripting which I would say I really need at the moment I cannot get my mission that I was working on to work.

Once again, I will say that Arma 3 has been a joy to play especially the designing of mission.

Edited by PurePassion
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

So there nothing much we can do about our missions that have skirmish modules in them. Just means we have to find a way to do scripting that does the same function as the skirmish modules did and without a dedicated guide and tutorials on scripting which I would say I really need at the moment I cannot get my mission that I was working on to work.

You could read a bit in the editing forum, both ArmA 3 and ArmA 2

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?162-ARMA-3-ALPHA-MISSION-EDITING-amp-SCRIPTING

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?93-ARMA-2-amp-OA-MISSIONS-Editing-amp-Scripting

Everything you need can be found there, and if a search does not answer your question you can always post a thread.