ok, i guess you're right. i mainly play co-op and there it feels more like a bug than a fetaure.

difficulty option would be the best way to go then...

Yeah.I am always of the opinio0n that if something is in game and can be disabled in the options, then there is no reason to ever remove it. And it can be useful for people who play entirely SP. Like me ;)

• Like 1

So while Tanoa is a sniper in a ghillie suits heaven, I noticed that the new ghillies kind of glow in late evening early morning twilight.

yw7itbt.jpg

The Asian faces for the new CSAT are a disgusting colour, they look nothing like real Chinese, whose skin is naturally pale in colour, even the ones I work for in Iraq don't have pigment like these CSAT ones.

The default Asian faces are more realistic.

• Like 1

• Fixed: Less clunky parachute landing

Any word on how much 'less clunky' this might be. I don't imagine a radical departure.

Any word on how much 'less clunky' this might be. I don't imagine a radical departure.

Still-any improvment is welcome here. I'd like them to add some more sounds while parachuting.It is far to silent after you open the chute. Need some wind sounds and creaking of ropes and canopy billow sounds etc.

• Like 3

Only sound you really hear under canopy is the slider flapping like a flag, your lines don't make too much noise, same when you have a full canopy, it's actually more noisy during free fall, being under canopy is very peaceful.

• Like 3

Only sound you really hear under canopy is the slider flapping like a flag, your lines don't make too much noise, same when you have a full canopy, it's actually more noisy during free fall, being under canopy is very peaceful.

I get that, but at the moment it is basically silent-as if your speakers are off :) Just a gently breeze sound now and then and the odd flap or shift of the canopy- thats all i meant we need.

• Like 1

It's basically the same, except your guy bellyflops immediately after hitting the ground, rather than just hanging there for a few seconds like before.

• Like 2

It's basically the same, except your guy bellyflops immediately after hitting the ground, rather than just hanging there for a few seconds like before.

Ah...that suits me :)I also like the way Ace3 handles it.

There isn't a radical departure, but the transition seems to be much smoother now, without the delay that used to be there. Just tried that, it really makes it better.

EDIT: Oops, ninja'ed. :) 

• Like 1

Off course its a feature! If you are in squad, you are not reporting to others, where you see enemy? You can disable it in dificulty setting without problem.

Let me clarify the issue here. If a player is in control of an AI, the AI still sends radio messages over the group chat. The main issue here is, that those radio chats can be heard by other players, therefore they are giving away ones position. 2nd issue is, that as I mentioned before, it's utterly annoying when one is in a group with 10-15 players and every second you hear this radio chat.

Furthermore, it cannot be disabled via the diff. menu. Only thing that helps currently, is to fade the radio sound by putting

0 fadeRadio 0

in the initPlayerLocal.sqf or similar

That sounds great, seems like one of my pet peeves with the para jump feature was solved!

• Like 1

also in coop we constantly have the situation of player character automatically calling out a target without the actual player seeing the target.

so its like:

"me": >>enemy soldier 200 meters, front!<<

otherGuy (voip): "i cant see him. where is he?"

me (voip): "well. sorry. cant see him neither..."

• Like 2

also in coop we constantly have the situation of player character automatically calling out a target without the actual player seeing the target.

yea the engine should disable that automatically once the unit becomes a player. i don't see a scenario where the current state makes sense so this qualifies as a bug imho.

• Like 3

Changed: SMGs (Sting, Vermin, PDW 2000 and Protector) can now be stored into the vest as well as into the backpack. Therefore we have four distinct categories of weapons in regard to their allowed inventory storage space now:
  • pistols: uniform, vest, backpack
  • SMGs: vest, backpack
  • rifle: backpack
  • long rifle & launcher: none

But what if said long rifle is able to be disassembled and backacked, via. IRL counterpart?

• Like 1

But what if said long rifle is able to be disassembled and backacked, via. IRL counterpart?

What if I said a rocket launcher can be shredded to pieces and then carried in the uniform. Point is, you can always ask for more. This solution introduced in today's update is fine.

yea the engine should disable that automatically once the unit becomes a player. i don't see a scenario where the current state makes sense so this qualifies as a bug imho.

Yes I agree. Guess that would be the best solution.

• Like 2

I have to agree with this-that makes sense.Or better still-make it optional to disable it. Same as for the ai team mates-make it changeable in options. It's all about the options folks...  ;)

• Like 1

Well, isn't it already optional? I mean, from what I understand, this is what "automatic reporting" difficulty option should do (it seems to do that, in SP at least). It's just that it's currently not working right in certain situation. As for AIs, well, I don't see the point in disabling their ability to call out targets.

So... Bohemia Interactive, what's the deal with Steam and Arma 3. Today, i've been kicked from servers about a little over 60 times (not joking), and it's been due to Steam Ticket Signature Check. This hasn't been that much of an issue until now, and it's about getting to that point where it's driving me up the walls. What is going on with Steam and Arma?

EDIT: VON is still completely broken in some servers, running the Exile mod, i'll check on the Exile forums to see if it's something on their side. But Direct, Group, and Vehicle chat, none of them work. I'm certain Side and Global also don't work.

Wipeout "get out" animation, in first person, POV does a 360° just before player hit the ground. Not visible in 3rd person.

Buzzard, in first person, render distance for objects doesn't follow game settings

Let me clarify the issue here. If a player is in control of an AI, the AI still sends radio messages over the group chat. The main issue here is, that those radio chats can be heard by other players, therefore they are giving away ones position. 2nd issue is, that as I mentioned before, it's utterly annoying when one is in a group with 10-15 players and every second you hear this radio chat.

Furthermore, it cannot be disabled via the diff. menu. Only thing that helps currently, is to fade the radio sound by putting

0 fadeRadio 0

in the initPlayerLocal.sqf or similar

That sounds great, seems like one of my pet peeves with the para jump feature was solved!

Ah, so the problems for you are the radio sounds! Now i get it, so best solution would be ace, which mute radio.

so its like:

"me": >>enemy soldier 200 meters, front!<<

otherGuy (voip): "i cant see him. where is he?"

me (voip): "well. sorry. cant see him neither..."

This is autoreports "feature" in dificulty settings. You can disable it OR enable enhanced map markers (or something like that in english) in dificulty, then you open map, and see where your character saw enemy.

• Like 1

@ 3DEN Devs:

Great job with the laptop/tv screen textures, but is there a chance we could see the same attribute for flags?

Also, the addition of the simple object attribute is awesome.

And while I am at it. I think the Statusbar in 3DEN could need some tweaks

XL9veYF.png

The numbers of the X,Y,Z position sometimes exceed the limits of the edit box and the numbers are not centered vertically inside the box.

Furthermore, the font colour and size seems to vary if I compare the Version control with the X,Y and Z control. (..and no, my mod does not modify those controls)

Use this if you need this functionality in one of your missions:

{_x setSpeaker "NoVoice"} foreach (units group player select {!isPlayer _x});

Works with mixed groups of players and AI.

Cheers

• Like 1

Works with mixed groups of players and AI.

0 fadeRadio 0 works also, but I don't think that's the solution here.

On another note: Has anyone else issues with starting the coop campaign? When I try to play the first mission in SP I get the following msg

ErrorMessage: Include file a3\3DEN\UI\macros.inc not found.

and the game crashes. I tried dev branch, stable, verified the game files and tried with and without mods.

Speaking of radios,

I'd like to request a scripting command (will post to tracker soon).

radioChannelCreate

radioChannelAdd

radioChannelRemove

radioChannelSetCallSign

radioChannelSetLabel

enableChannel

channelEnabled

setCurrentChannel

currentChannel

getPlayerChannel

Need a command to return a list of channels the player currently has, such as:

allPlayerChannels

systemchat str allplayerchannels // [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,...]
2 radiochannelremove [player];
systemchat str allplayerchannels // [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,...]
if (!(2 in allplayerchannels)) then {2 radioChannelAdd [player];};

deriving with channelEnabled

QS_allPlayerChannels = [];
for '_i' from 0 to 15 step 1 do {
     if (((channelEnabled _i) select 0) || {((channelEnabled _i) select 1)}) then {
          QS_allPlayerChannels pushBack _i;
     };
};
systemChat str QS_allPlayerChannels; // [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,...]

^ We can derive this in a roundabout way with channelEnabled and iterate through all 16 channels, but it is messy and requires some assumptions.

EDIT: nevermind, appears we cannot use channelEnabled on the custom channels :(

Has there been a change to HandleDamage recently?

When I check what it's sending into my script, I get this for example:

[car1,"wheel_1_1_steering",368.635,<NULL-object>,"FuelExplosion",0,<NULL-object>]

So, checking it all off against the wiki I get:

[
    car1,                   // unit
    "wheel_1_1_steering",   // selectionName
    368.635,                // damage
    <NULL-object>           // source
    ,"FuelExplosion",       // projectile
    0,                      // hitPartIndex
    <NULL-object>           // WHAT IS THIS?????
]

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#HandleDamage

What's the last argument?

I can only see the following changes in the changelog and none of them refer to anything after inclusion of hit-index.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-40#entry3037051

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-30#entry2899443

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-9#entry2488814

I was checking it as it's doing some screwy stuff that I was trying to nail down and then stumbled on this additional mystery.

Edit: think I've worked it out.  It's gunner (object that pulls the trigger, not object that fires the projectile)

So if you're in a tank and shoot someone, then you get something like this:

[B Alpha 1-1:1,"body",0.526493,tank1,"B_65x39_Caseless",7,man1]

So it was tank1 that fired the round, but man1 pulled the trigger.

It's weird though - sometimes it's returning objNull instead of the gunner unit.