Just tested again. Negative cant poke head through walls. Do you have todays update?

Tested again - and you are right, it's partially fixed. You can still peek if you don't have a weapon, however.

Edited by Simas

Hi, got an bug again.

If i change my speech of the chacacter i've created it doesn't work. Theres always the shitty first speech of the character InGame =(

Why the speech wouldn't be changed?

Is there something different with waypoints or helicopters between dev and stable?

I had the intro of a mission I was working on in dev. starts with a heli flying a route carrying the squad. 3 simple waypoints starting along the edge of the map and making a flyover of the Kill Farm. Had been working fine. Switched back to stable this morning, and suddenly the helicopter will not fly its route properly. Ends up flying a big circle in the black area of the map, and then comes in about 500m too low towards his final waypoint. Tried deleting and replacing the waypoints, but that didn't do anything. There are no enemy AI on the map at present, so that wouldn't be the cause either.

That's right. They have their own AI, but that AI is very simple in comparison with human unit.

Noticed that once, I was trying to do a mission (aptly called "Dogs of War" (no pun intended)) with the players being a pack of dogs... unfortunately, they cannot be grouped, and you can't give them a radio :)

Has anyone talked about the large disparity between BLUFOR and OPFOR vehicles? I'm talking about the armament of each one and their speed. BLUFOR has 2 APCs, one wheeled and the other tracked. Odd enough, the tracked APC moves quick while the wheeled one moves extremely slow (odd?). Seems like we're taking some steps back in terms of speed in the future! Also, BLUFOR APCs are very under powered. Compare the tracked BLUFOR apc vs OPFOR apc. BLUFOR: MG rounds and a grenade launcher, OPFOR: MG rounds, AP/HE rounds, and a AT launcher! Playing CTI, its not even worth buying the APCs at the moment, they get eaten alive by their armored equivalents.

My other beef is with the Commanche VS MI48. Why can't they both have air 2 ground and air 2 air capabilities? Why is one limited to A2G while the other A2A (regarding guided missiles). It also seems like the MI48 can take a beating and still fly while the Commanche is as fragile as a little bird.

Just my thoughts...

Panther is VERY heavy armoured. The most heavy armoured right now, although simulation of it's armour still needs to be optimised(now 2 shots from rpg and everything white, then the third one and sudden explosion - it should survive much more from the front)

Has anyone talked about the large disparity between BLUFOR and OPFOR vehicles? I'm talking about the armament of each one and their speed. BLUFOR has 2 APCs, one wheeled and the other tracked. Odd enough, the tracked APC moves quick while the wheeled one moves extremely slow (odd?). Seems like we're taking some steps back in terms of speed in the future! Also, BLUFOR APCs are very under powered. Compare the tracked BLUFOR apc vs OPFOR apc. BLUFOR: MG rounds and a grenade launcher, OPFOR: MG rounds, AP/HE rounds, and a AT launcher! Playing CTI, its not even worth buying the APCs at the moment, they get eaten alive by their armored equivalents.

My other beef is with the Commanche VS MI48. Why can't they both have air 2 ground and air 2 air capabilities? Why is one limited to A2G while the other A2A (regarding guided missiles). It also seems like the MI48 can take a beating and still fly while the Commanche is as fragile as a little bird.

Just my thoughts...

Because they're meant to be asymmetrical whilst balanced? You mentioned the trade-off right there - One has AA, the other has more dedicated AG. On the flipside, one is more heavily armoured, whereas the AA capable craft is easily brought down.

Maybe the Devs thought BLUFOR was more powerful, so they gave OPFOR better vehicles.

Why can't they both have air 2 ground and air 2 air capabilities? Why is one limited to A2G while the other A2A (regarding guided missiles).

The Comanche has 24 A2G guided missiles which are (almost?) as powerful as the Kajman's Skalpels and it also has 4 A2A guided missiles.

It also seems like the MI48 can take a beating and still fly while the Commanche is as fragile as a little bird.

This is what balance is supposed to be in Arma. One chopper is armed better, while the other one can take a beating.

Just my thoughts...

Arma isn't balanced, try to outsmart your opponent.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

You can add any vehicle weapon to any other vehicle via addweapon and addmagazine.

LOL -Dogs, Goats, Sea Horses...and their AI. What other war game has to worry about this?! And you wonder why the Dev's look at the forum and chuckle that we'll never be happy :rolleyes:

It also seems like the MI48 can take a beating and still fly while the Commanche is as fragile as a little bird.

Just my thoughts...

That would be quite realistic. The kajiman is dominantly Mi-28 which is an attack helicopter with crew protection. The RAH-66 design was primarily scout and has little in the way of that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not really even tolerant to small arms fire.

If we go by doctorine then the idea is that the blackfoot/comanche is a scout aircraft that uses agility and its tech edge to hide and maneuver. The Mi-48 would be a more....scorched earth policy though technically it would be more agile in yaw at high speeds but so too would it also have the chance to slice off its own rotors so yeah.

Edited by NodUnit

The Blackfoot does not have A2G missles. It has rockets and A2A missles. They may work as air to ground but they are AA missles. And it definitely is fragile like most U.S. made aircraft. It's small. People like to compare the Kajman to it but the Kajman is not a normal attack heli; It's more like a flying tank. It's a bus with heavy firepower. It's not aerodynamic, it's a box. The hind was an attack heli that snuck in a compartment for people. The Kajman has a belly that hangs down and crew space that's too big. It's a good idea though; armor is expensive. Why not put some humans in there to take most of the damage so you can keep flying. Humans = Kevlar for helicopters.

Aduilo - You might be mistaken. One is better armed AND can take a beating. The other is has less everything and can't take too many hits.

And progamer - you can put any vehicles weapon on any vehicle? What about the turrets on top? How can you give missles to a vehicle that has no missle? Like the kamysh missles to the Madrid (or Madrid to kamysh) or you can give that heavy gun on the marshall to the panther?

Edited by Victim9l3

The Mi-48 would be a more....scorched earth policy though technically it would be more agile in yaw at high speeds but so too would it also have the chance to slice off its own rotors so yeah.

That's not really how coaxial rotors work lol. It's virtually impossible to have a rotor-rotor collision with such aircraft outside of vertical loops. Gravity is a predictable creature.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Why not put some humans in there to take most of the damage so you can keep flying. Humans = Kevlar for helicopters.

You just can't say this. This isn't how things work. There isn't a pilot in the universe that would count on his crew physically protecting some function of the aircraft, and the coverage of a small 14x4x6 rectangle of flesh sitting in the back of the helicopter is going to be next to nothing, useful in "protecting" the craft EXCLUSIVELY in direct bottom strikes by the heaviest of cannons.

And what kind of 20 or 30mm cannon can fire straight up or traverse/react fast enough to hit a helicopter flying perpendicular to its view while staring 80 or 90 degrees up into the air?

Edited by mbbird

An issue I found with the Marshall is that the turning speed in water is way too fast. Perhaps the thrust vector is spawned too close to the center of mass?

NodUnit was so kind to create the perfect showcase video of this problem :D Apparently it's affecting every amphibious vehicle

The Blackfoot does not have A2G missles. It has rockets and A2A missles. They may work as air to ground but they are AA missles. And it definitely is fragile like most U.S. made aircraft. It's small. People like to compare the Kajman to it but the Kajman is not a normal attack heli; It's more like a flying tank. It's a bus with heavy firepower. It's not aerodynamic, it's a box. The hind was an attack heli that snuck in a compartment for people. The Kajman has a belly that hangs down and crew space that's too big. It's a good idea though; armor is expensive. Why not put some humans in there to take most of the damage so you can keep flying. Humans = Kevlar for helicopters.

Aduilo - You might be mistaken. One is better armed AND can take a beating. The other is has less everything and can't take too many hits.

And progamer - you can put any vehicles weapon on any vehicle? What about the turrets on top? How can you give missles to a vehicle that has no missle? Like the kamysh missles to the Madrid (or Madrid to kamysh) or you can give that heavy gun on the marshall to the panther?

Actually last time I checked, my gunner was perfectly able to lock ground targets with (as you call them) rockets, and no, I'm not talking about A2A missiles.

Put this is any vehicle which has weapons.mput it in the vehicles init: this addMagazine "38Rnd_80mm_rockets";this addWeapon "rockets_Skyfire"; this addMagazine "8Rnd_LG_scalpel";this addWeapon "missiles_SCALPEL";this addMagazine "2000Rnd_20mm_shells";this addWeapon "gatling_20mm";

That's not really how coaxial rotors work lol. It's virtually impossible to have a rotor-rotor collision with such aircraft outside of vertical loops. Gravity is a predictable creature.

Gravity sure but rotors are perilous things that bend, flex, etc

Add two turning in opposite directions, if one is banking at an extreme angle then they are going to meet in the middle.

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_427a.html

NodUnit was so kind to create the perfect showcase video of this problem :D Apparently it's affecting every amphibious vehicle

Hahah, glad to help, I may have had a bit too much fun with that.. As for the vehicles effected, everything amphibious except boats.

Edited by NodUnit

The Blackfoot does not have A2G missles. It has rockets and A2A missles. They may work as air to ground but they are AA missles. And it definitely is fragile like most U.S. made aircraft.

The Blackfoot's rockets are laser guided, and can function as either unguided rockets or guided antitank missiles.

Heck, I forgot to fix the turtles while fixing this issue, some more work during the night shift :icon_twisted:

Heck, I forgot to fix the turtles while fixing this issue, some more work during the night shift :icon_twisted:

dancing turtle confirmed by Pettka :yay:

The Blackfoot does not have A2G missles. It has rockets and A2A missles.

You're right, actually. DAGRs are rockets, but they are guided rockets.

You're right, actually. DAGRs are rockets, but they are guided rockets.

From what I've read, a guided rocket is - by definition - a missile. :D