Now you cna go prone with an launcher without having to wait for an animation. Thank you for that.

I fear that the PCML is way too overpowered right now and unrealistic. It's practically a fire and forget Titan. Compare that to Alamut and you can see why I am worried no one will use the Alamut anymore.

The solution is to make the PCML closer to its real counter part which is the NLAW. If the PCML is a disposable weapon like the NLAW then it makes sense that some people would go with Alamut or choose the NLAW depending on the situation and how light they want to be. Also it looks ridiculous reloading the PCML because it is not a reload able weapon and its back side is sealed. It only breaks when the missile is fired.

So in essence, let us choose between multi purpose and multiple rounds Alamut, guided single use PCML, or the heavy but lethal Titan.

"Fixed various character related issues like wrong textures on models, improper side-specific camo selections and so on."

Please ensure that this is the case before putting it on the branch development log, because this is not fixed.

Our drones (Darter, Greyhawk and Stomper) will miss the final Beta patch this week. Instead they will be added to development branch soon

Does it mean this week? (Dev branch), or are we gonna have to wait for another week or two?

No more nade spam?

Now it's made completely unintuitive.

Throwing grenade is still instant but now there's a delay afterwards that makes no sense whatsoever.

The correct fix is the animation where soldier takes the grenade, pulls the pin and then throws the grenade (preferably with cooking as you hold the "throw grenade" button and also pointing with his hand in the direction it will be thrown a la... all other games that do it right) not instantly throwing it and then staring into the distance before throwing another instant one.

How about silenced weapons, at the moment when you use a supressor even the game states the weapon does lower damage, i don't know about real life, i've seen lots of people saying different things and i'm not sure about A2 so feel free to correct me, but shouldn't the damage be the same unless we use subsonic ammo?

So is the silenced weapons state final or is it a placeholder until subsonic ammo comes? If its final i would like to understand why it does lower damage, thanks!

Hmm, one change that could reduce the grenade spam capability and generally improve the inventory would be to disable the backpack from being considered as "ready storage", that way you could throw a grenade or two fast, but you'd have to pause to "refill" your vest/uniform so you could toss a few again.

For example:

• Magazines could only be reloaded quickly ("R" key or action menu action) if they are in the uniform or vest, if the ammo is in the backpack it's not accessible unless moved to "ready storage"
  • Any throwable items could only be thrown if they're in the uniform or vest
  • You could still reload the weapons with magazines from the backpack if you dragged and dropped the stuff from the backpack to the magazine slot
  • Rocket launchers should probably be able to load their ammo from the backpack as their missiles do not fit into the uniform or vest and it would be a nuisance to have to drag and drop missiles every time then wait for the reload animation
  • This would need to be explained to the player

Alternatively:

• Leave everything as is
  • Severely increase reloading time if the magazine/grenade being loaded is located in the backpack

+100000000

The correct fix is the animation where soldier takes the grenade, pulls the pin and then throws the grenade (preferably with cooking as you hold the "throw grenade" button and also pointing with his hand in the direction it will be thrown a la... all other games that do it right) not instantly throwing it and then staring into the distance before throwing another instant one.

No sane person would really "cook" a grenade. Should that still be coded in the game that tries to be realistic?

Sure it is possible to do in real life, and someone may do it in real life too. But it's not a sensible thing to do.

In Arma 3 ...Pulling the pin, ok, taking some time to swing the hand, ok. But "cooking", not at all necessary.

Edited by Azzur33

I like the look of the opfor recon helmet with the little display, I think it would nice if opfor squad and team leaders also had that.

So is the silenced weapons state final or is it a placeholder until subsonic ammo comes? If its final i would like to understand why it does lower damage, thanks!

The chance of subsonic ammo ever coming back to ArmA series is the same as shotguns ever coming back.

I guess having several types of ammo is not streamlined enough.

I like the look of the opfor recon helmet with the little display, I think it would nice if opfor squad and team leaders also had that.

They used to, then people had a whinge and now they're gone

They used to, then people had a whinge and now they're gone

Yeah, I know. At least the leaders should have them imo, looks cooler and would make it easier to id the leader.

According to latest changelog: "Tweaked ammo penetration values for small caliber weapons. This follows the previous update of larger calibers. All changes are based upon real ammunition characteristics and are calculated according our analysis equations."

Somebody noticed any changes? The 9x21(P07 pistol) still do not penetrate the corrugated steel sheet. :( Only the wood doors, walls.

The chance of subsonic ammo ever coming back to ArmA series is the same as shotguns ever coming back.

I guess having several types of ammo is not streamlined enough.

Did I miss a post somewhere stating that shotguns have been ruled out?

Is your simile suggesting they won't come back or that they might come back? A little ambiguous.

E

Edited by Electricleash
Re-jigged quote

Alpha seems to be screwed up in todays dev build. Until today, these pictures, had a transparent alpha channel. Now it's showing as black.

ksFdoFH.jpg

These were UserTexture1m_F with a set azimuth and elevation and the had the paa applied using setobjecttexture.

Alpha seems to be screwed up in todays dev build. Until today, these pictures, had a transparent alpha channel. Now it's showing as black.

http://i.imgur.com/ksFdoFH.jpg

These were UserTexture1m_F with a set azimuth and elevation and the had the paa applied using setobjecttexture.

Make a feedback tracker ticket so it can be fixed.

According to latest changelog: "Tweaked ammo penetration values for small caliber weapons. This follows the previous update of larger calibers. All changes are based upon real ammunition characteristics and are calculated according our analysis equations."

Somebody noticed any changes? The 9x21(P07 pistol) still do not penetrate the corrugated steel sheet. :( Only the wood doors, walls.

Penetration in Arma has as much to do with fire geometry LOD and penetration material applied to the target object as it does the penetration capabilities of the ammunition hitting it.

While BIS may have tweaked the values for the ammunition to be realistic, certain objects on Stratis such as the corrugated steel sheds may still need their fire geometries and bisurf materials tweaked in order that they are a realistic object for the ammunition to penetrate with their new values.

At the "Old Outpost" north of Air Station Mike are some rusty steel poles sticking out of a white wall. The geometry is too large and bullets are blocked when a gun is fired to the side of the poles. Hadn't noticed this before. Is anyone else noticing this?

Is anyone else noticing this?

24wx.jpg

Those poles that? The highlighted areas are blocking bullets.

the swimming/diving animation is broken. legs are bend to much to teh back. it looks strange, and while swimmimg legs are outside the water.

also you can look down the water clearly when you are little unter the sealevel. its kind like cheating and takes the taktical thing from diving

and hiding in water.

hope that this don´t make it in the final.

Is anyone else having mouse wheel problems ?

When i use the mouse wheel in-game it like control, alt, deletes the game to desktop for a few seconds and then it returns back up to full screen automatically.

Is this a bug with the latest Dev build update ?

EDIT: Re-started the game and it seems to have fixed it. Very Strange that it hasn't happened before. Learning to expect the unexpected with this game !

Edited by PartyHead

The highlighted areas are blocking bullets.

Yes they're the ones. Will put together a little repro and post up a ticket in the tracker. Thanks Kylania. :)

Despite the artificial grenade throwing action delay (4s) added yesterday, spamming smoke grenades is still possible...

And of course recoil / muzzle climb are still ridiculous. Hopefully this will addressed until A3 launches.

Here's a quote on FT from an experienced person:

As someone who shoots regularly in real life, I can safely say the recoil and muzzle climb in the Alpha is ridiculous. "Realism" doesn't mean inane levels of uncontrollable recoil. Anyone who's been around firearms can tell you that they're not nearly as hard to control - even at a standing stance - as hollywood would lead you to believe. In real life, muzzle climb is easily managed for the most part by a trained individual, and most recoil is directed rearward into your shoulder and counteracted by your firing stance.

In particular the support weapons are abysmal. Fire four rounds out of the MX support variant or the KAC LMG and your muzzle will be in the air. They're unusable in any stance, and that's simply not realistic. The muzzle climb needs to be lowered dramatically, I don't see how this is debatable in any way. The regular infantry rifles are usable in semiautomatic because it's easy to realign your sight picture and fire followup shots, even if the recoil is too high, but an automatic rifleman's explicit duty is to provide bursts of automatic sustained suppressing fire. As it stands, he cannot do that, even in prone.

ArmA II's weapons handling was spot on - rounds went where you aimed them (as they do in real life), recoil was manageable and fair, and at no time did I feel cheated by my weapon instead of questioning my ability.

So no, recoil and muzzle climb is not fine, and it's definitely not realistic. It needs to be changed, because as it is certain weapons are near useless.

Edited by Polygon