Was there a sugarcane farm directly east of Agia Marina in the original release? I've never noticed it before.

It's great. Sugarcane makes for quite a thick jungles, please BIS make the area they take ~3 times bigger at least. It's just an awesome area that can look quite maze-like if you do it.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/597002149161864366/229F85D5B7B127B56F9612CED41342B3D687B17B/

Forgive my lack of observational skills but do you have a grid ref? I've never noticed it and now I can't find it!

Forgive my lack of observational skills but do you have a grid ref? I've never noticed it and now I can't find it!

around 034059

Run speed almost indistinguishable from tactical pace, depends on how tired I am when playing as to whether I notice a change.

yes, dev changelog, sitrep and spotrep were moved to NEWS section

I've noticed this a long time ago but is parallax mapping entirely absent from ArmA3 atm?

This is especially apparent when loading Utes or Proving Grounds, maps that rely heavily on parallax bumpmapping to create detail on the ground.

Ground is flat everywhere and on Stratis it's very obvious too when looking at those small rocks on textures everywhere. Is it under rework or something? Will it make comeback?

What terrain detail settings are you using? I am definitely getting parallax mapping on various groundtextures

I've noticed this a long time ago but is parallax mapping entirely absent from ArmA3 atm?

This is especially apparent when loading Utes or Proving Grounds, maps that rely heavily on parallax bumpmapping to create detail on the ground.

Ground is flat everywhere and on Stratis it's very obvious too when looking at those small rocks on textures everywhere. Is it under rework or something? Will it make comeback?

I hope not, I don't think we need it, it never added anything other than odd looking floaty movements to small objects on the ground, and odd shadow movements when you got close.

What terrain detail settings are you using? I am definitely getting parallax mapping on various groundtextures

Heh it looks like it's indeed tied to ground quality setting in A3 (vs. A2). I had it on standard to save FPS on grass (since it affects grass too) but looks like it starts appearing only at High and above. BIS should make it on by default like in A2 or at least a separate setting (since I have more grass and bigger terrain polygonal detail forced on me too). Plus parallax seems to be less pronounced in A3 compared to A2 (compare them on Utes)

No thanks, no forced parallax until they extend the rendering range, watching the ground warp like this

is distracting and a bit eerie. I'd love to see Parallax more pronounced on smaller rocks and things like that to add more detail to the terrain but not quite like this.

daily dev build updates have spoiled me. is today a holiday? :p

The SITREP said that after Tuesday's update:

we will halt updates for two days. Publication should continue this Friday. The reason? We are making significant and extensive changes to the way audio and volume balancing are handled. These changes affect all assets with sound, and we want to make sure it all gets published in one go. There will also be a detailed description of the changes and what to test afterwards.

The SITREP said that after Tuesday's update:

Hell to the yes, sound is sorely lacking. Can't wait to see it get some attention.

Originally Posted by DnA

we will halt updates for two days. Publication should continue this Friday. The reason? We are making significant and extensive changes to the way audio and volume balancing are handled. These changes affect all assets with sound, and we want to make sure it all gets published in one go. There will also be a detailed description of the changes and what to test afterwards.

so just the stable build got updated today?

Good job BIS with the update!!!

I gain 4-5 FPS in daylight and I also noticed better performance at night.

I like the tweaking with the NVG and the thing that they aren't too bright as before.

First impressions are positive and I wanted to share my experience so far ;)

So which update has newer files? Stable or dev?

Since stable says it's only 38 megs compared to previous stable (which means it has barely anything but new EXE) and when going from dev to stable it's 300+ megs download. So many files are getting downgraded probably?

Dev is newer

anyone else notice the muzzle flashes are extremely visible during the day now?