max power

User Mission Request Thread

I would LOVE to see Operation Lojack ported to Arma 3. W0lle did a great job with the A2 port, and I'm sure it would work nice porting it to A3. Anyone heard anything about it?

Absolutely...love Lojack...also want to see a 2 sided AI coop version of "Warfare" that can be played on LAN.

These dynamic type missions that can be played in so many different ways, over and over again are the life blood of the Arma franchise. Warfare (CTI) helped to transform OFP and BIS forever and there should be alot more versions of it available...in fact I'd like to see them get rid of the campaign and would rather see them put the time/resources back into Warfare missions instead. Wouldn't mind seeing the entire game based on it, or perhaps an entire DLC dedicated to this game type.

Hey, guys im new here and was wondering is there a COOP Mission file based around sniping a base then moving in and it should be challenging if so can someone give me a link or have a go at making one

Thanks

Operation Thunderball.

TVT underwater single objective.

Two stolen NATO nuclear warheads are being transported by SPECTRE divers. A MI6 agent hot on the trail is assisted by SBS frogmen to secure the broken arrows back into allied hands.

I'm making a mission.

Basically, 6 navy seals, go to the ammo boxes and get proper ammo (you start in sea as divers), then you make your way 500m to camp tempest (from below) kill off about 25 insurgents and destroy 3 ammo boxes and rendezvous back in the sea to win the game. i'm making the mission, but very noob. i will also ask for help so i can make this mission.

more details soon.

@chocolatestar,

Totally wrong thread buddy, read the thread title. Once you have a mission playable make your own thread about it.

Just a general request, remember that OPFOR are playable as well! Almost every mission seems to only let you play as BLUFOR.

I'd like missions in Chernarus and other Arma 2 community terrains with AllinArma. I haven't played Arma 3 for a long time because I'm very tired of Stratis.

i'd like a MP mission in BF style ..... "Road to Agia" 64 players and all new sector control features, 5/6 flags with CSAT in attack and NATO in defence mode.

The CSAT start from airport and no chopper. max 2 Tracked IFV

As Trent said, more OPFOR based missions and MORE MORE MORE Single Player missions! Yeah!

Calling all mission-makers! Here's the deal...PMC team sent to Kavala to bring Iranian military commander into custody to stand trial for war crimes. PMC team land on Kavala Hospital helo port for rendezvous with PMC ground forces, who are holding the Iranian war criminal. Meanwhile, Iranian Special Forces are moving in on Kavala Hospital to ambush the returning PMC team to reclaim there Commander. Get to that chopper!

I think the Hospital in Kavala, with the helo-port on the roof, is a great setting for this idea, also using the PG Services - Private Military Company by pomigit mod (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21617) Man, i would love to be able to create something like this in the editor but it's beyond me! Any takers? Peace.

Definitely will change my Revenge mission faction from BLUE to OPFOR.

So I'm sure nobody will really see this idea, but I wanted to throw it out there in hopes that somebody might think it's an awesome idea and create the map for me. I've been wanting to make this map since the beginning of Arma 2, but between work, the gym, and a girlfriend, I just have never had time to learn the editor.

All-in-all, the whole point of this mission would be to provide players with a very streamlined, fast, easy-to-get-into, competitive PvP mission. The ARMA community NEEDS this. My idea focuses around Competitive MP. Arma has really never had a competitive MP mission that became popular with the generic crowd, and I think this is an important key to drawing more people into Arma. Today, we have the choice between Wasteland or Stratis Life if we want to engage in any kind of PvP. If somebody could create a COMPETITIVE MP map that is fun, fast, and easy to get into, I feel like it could blow up. So here's my idea.

An arena / ladder PvP mission. Essentially, this is a "knock-out ladder" tournament. Small teams (3v3, 5v5) or single players (duels 1v1) would battle against each other in different "arenas" around the island at the same time. Players cannot leave the vicinity of these arenas. The arenas would differ in size, terrain, and weapon load-out. For example, one arena might give 2 players sniper rifles in a very large arena in the hills, where another might a close quarters arena with assault rifles. Or maybe the first arena will be a 3v3, and the winners move forward to 1v1 arenas. The arena mix-ups would be what makes this mission exciting.

All players must wait until the other arena battles have completed (one team/person has one in all the arenas) before the map progresses and matches up the winners of THOSE matches into new arenas. A loser bracket MIGHT be an option so the players have a chance to earn more points and continue to play even if they lose. However, if there are no open matches for the loser bracket, the players enter a spectate mode until the tourney is over. This continues until there is a final match between the top team/players who have not lost. The players are then distributed points depending on how far they made it, which will add to their server ranking.

So that's it essentially. If any of you have played the original Guild Wars 1 Tombs ladder system, it is essentially that in Arma 3. I really hope somebody on here sees this as an amazing idea, because I do.

Please PM me if you have any questions about my idea or if you play to create it. I would really like to be a part of the creation, and maybe if somebody else started on it I could get motivated and cut time out of my days to work on it with you.

Consider a covert team insertion with an objective of finding enemy mobile rocket launcher (“Targetâ€). The player is in charge of a small team. Equipment includes small-arms, AT, radio, food rations, sleeping bags, and miscellaneous items.

They must interdict the Target within 3 days and destroy it with radio/laser marker or AT. The time is compressed so that 30 minutes of play time equals one day in the game world. Similarly, distances that you travel are abstracted. Otherwise playing it would take too long.

Initially, the player's role is to navigate his group around the terrain, avoiding enemy patrols. You don’t have the exact Target position, but you have an idea of where it has been some time ago and rough estimations of where it could have travelled since then. Smoke trails and fresh tracks on the ground will indicate its recent presence. Climbing on to hills will increase visual range and your chances of spotting the target, but will drain more energy.

The food resource lasts the team 3 days. The movement speed slightly declines during the 3 day travel. After that, it will reduce drastically as hunger begins to take its toll. If you have not reached extraction before a certain time, you automatically surrender.

Remember, you are not necessarily moving in straight lines towards the target location as that will get you caught. You are stopping to scan the surroundings, going around suspected enemy patrols and all of this costs time.

Sleeping Bags

Sleeping bags are also factored into your strength. If you are spotted, you will be forced to drop some of your equipment to make an evasive manoeuvre. This will include sleeping bags. When you have broken away from the enemy contact, you are back to pursuing your objective. Now, your movement speed significantly increases due to a reduction in weight carried. But the cold temperatures in the night will drain you of energy. The movement speed will significantly decline. If you don’t reach extraction by the end of next day, you surrender.

Resource Management

If the team is spotted and forced to drop some equipment, the player will be tested on working out which other items have to go. Some of these are not within his discretion (i.e. radio must be kept).

Lets take a hypothetical example of a team carrying its max limit. Not counting the nutrition factor, speed changes from 1 to 1.6 at the occurrence of event 1, from 1.6 to 2 at the occurrence of event 2 and gradually falls from 2 to 0.8 at the occurrence of event 3.

Event 1: Spotted by hostiles. Team abandons 50 per cent of MG ammo, 33- 66 per cent of food packs, AT launchers, claymores and sleeping bags. Total weight is reduced by about 35%.

Event 2: After escaping, you may order to drop MGs with rest of heavy ammo, to bring down the total weight by another 25%. So long as the group travels together they evenly distribute the weight they are carrying.

Event 3: Team is affected by low temperatures in the night.

Edited by Ichtiander

This is a list of the stuff that would be a part of my ideal PVP warfare mission. Most missions are doing some or most of what my list is describing, but they're all a little different. Keeping players aware and directed seems to be a problem for most. The only thing I didn't put into the list that would be fun is if there was maritime warfare too. Imagine having a submarine base-ship and then using weaponized submarines and scuba divers to fight for underwater complexes, or having helicopter carriers and littoral ships backed up by gunboats fight over islands and super tankers.

Players

• A class system to focus the players attention on particular roles, each with unique perks (Rocket Infantry, Sniper, LMG Infantry, Engineer, Officer, Light Infantry, Assault Infantry, Spec Ops, Recon)
  • Loadouts should be somewhat customizable through a store, but make some items/weapons class-specific
  • Remove the unfun sights/scopes for guns and vehicles (IR, and night vision scopes) and only let AT infantry equip RPGs/PCML, and the expensive AA Titan
  • Make each class visually distinct by default
  • No 3rd Person mode

Team Organization

• A squad creation window where we can create custom squads and make them invite-only
  • Some kind of tag for teammates and a unique one for squadmates (It could just be the gray hexagon for team, and a green or blue one for our squad)
  • The map should have lines to indicate linked territories, and symbols to indicate players, vehicles, and the type of capture point.

Factions

• 2 or 3 factions competing over capture points
  • Each faction starts with a large, undeveloped, and walled military base that can be filled with buildings like a vehicle factory, armory, or hangar/helipad in per-determined locations
  • The buildings are meant to access everything beyond the default equipment for each class.
  • AI are strictly limited to static defenses
  • Items are bought at the relevant building with money and earned through killing, capturing, defending, winning, or simply completing a match.

Other stuff

• Randomly generated matches
  • Small and large scale matches, spanning a single capture point up to maybe 20+ places between both main bases
  • Different capture point classes(Large bases, Medium Bases, Outposts, Cities, Towns) with their own unique capture mechanics (Secure a majority of a city or base, destroy these buildings/objects, hold the outpost HQ for x amount of time, exhaust the enemies spawn tickets, etc...)
  • The size of bases and population centers should the difficulty of capture.
  • The main bases are vulnerable to attack if the team is pushed back to it
  • Some level of persistence with money and player history, and maybe achievements at some point

Any good SP dynamic missions out there? Something like insurgency or domination would be sweet. I'd like to try Dynamic Universal War System but unfortunately the scripts refuse to execute on my computer for some reason.

Can someone link me to as many no revive/respawn missions for MP as they can? Group and Side respawn are acceptable.

I would love a dynamic campaign like from ArmA (2 I think it was).

The current iteration doesn't have enough mission types, and doesn't have that "feel".

Even moreso, I would LOVE a dynamic and persistent resistance campaign. OPF Resistance had a user mission where you start out with 1-3 men, with standard gear. The game keeps track of all of your equipment day to day, gives you missions, let's you save vehicles, etc.

You have to keep track of your supplies - new recruits don't have much. Overall it was a really fun experience SP, because every day could be the day that your resistance cell is wiped out.

Basically more dynamic campaigns, focusing on logistics and "start off small - get bigger" feel.

I complete agree Kruniac. Sort of like my post above yours, I am also looking for a good dynamic SP experience. It seems BIS took out all the dynamic modules from ArmA 3 that were in Operation Arrowhead. Really too bad.

Less ripping out of other games and more original ideas. with all do respect to the mission makers, if I want to play Hitman, metal Gear, Payday, Wolfenstein, etc. I will play those games.

An ideas i was thinking of for a large continuous type mission would be one like how planet side 2 is set up where you take over the island where diffrent bases have diffrent objectives and we have 3 ffactions so it seems very plausable may have 2 have recruit ai to get the same experience as ps2 but i dont think that would be even needed if each base had vehicle spawns like ps2.

Sort of Far Cry style mission, with living world. We have an epic huge island. We have good insurgents, who could play a role of pirates/bandits whatever, we have a character with tatooes, who could play as a role of big boss, we have to find hunt and kill. Greenfor army could be the military units, facing bandits. Would be nice to coop it for 2-4 people, or at least sp. You have all the toys, to builld an awesome far cry alike mission.

Please, can someone make the Navy Seals attack on Barawe which happened early yesterday morning (10/05/2013)?

tacticalkitten.png

Tactical Kitten is looking for missions.

We play regular TvT matches and our current server capacity is 16 players

The specifications:

Required

- 16 players in 2 or more teams

- No respawns (default A3 spectator mode should be used)

- To enable default spectator mode, add this to the description.ext: respawn = BIRD;

- Teams can be asymetrical

- Time limit 40 minutes

- No xmas crates (adding more gear to choose from at mission start is ok, but no all in one crates)

- A basic briefing or at least working tasks so players can tell what the mission is

- Distance at start: Infantry 1-2km, Vehicles 1-4km, Helicopters 2-10km, Boats 2-6km, Submarines 1-4km

- The mission should not need any addons except ACRE

- Working end triggers

- No AI

- Player slot AI must be disabled by adding this to the description.ext: disabledAI = 1;

- Autonomous vehicles are allowed

- When using artillery units, add this to the init.sqf: enableEngineArtillery false; (This removes the artillery computer and forces using the weapon sights)

- No Music (Short clips or cues are ok)

- Keep filesize under 2MB

Optional

High Command

- Add a high command module for the leading player (i.e. mission commander)

ACRE Mod

- Add ACRE radio crates to the mission if you want players to be able to pick a different radio

- Add different radios to players on mission start

- ACRE dependency is not required

- Adding radios with better range is entirely at your discretion. It can be asymetrical too (i.e. one team getting better radios)

If you want your mission to be played on our events, please contact me via PM or reply to this.