Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

:ok: I wouldn't say Dwarden was an AI, esp not an Arma AI, I don't dislike him that much. I think he does a good job at PR and community relations. :ok:

Jay Crowe... Is that the Brit who personally knows Lord Ivan spent a lot of time governing research material to ensure full authenticity of soldiers in their underpants? :yay:

And Prince of Arma is the one responsible for so many hidden hints in each vid. I am still surprised how many does he manage to put there unnoticed by community members :icon_twisted:

I am still surprised how many does he manage to put there unnoticed by community members :icon_twisted:

You mean to say we haven't figured out everything sitting in front of our nose? :oh:

oh and here is an (almost) accurate comparison of Stratis vs Limnos to get a better sense of their proportions :)

And Prince of Arma is the one responsible for so many hidden hints in each vid. I am still surprised how many does he manage to put there unnoticed by community members :icon_twisted:

Now you're just trolling so we'll see all your videos again. :tongue: I can assure you I would have done that regardless. ;)

Stop using spin marketing techniques on us pettka, they don't work ;)

How subtle can these "hints" be? I'm seriously considering watching all the vids again, so this had best not be a ploy, I don't think l could take it!

At least tell us where to look first then we can try and find these hints! please? :)

I'm pretty sure he means like the improved muzzle flashes, the improved rendering of light flares like the landing and nav lights of the helicopter, the firing while changing stances, the smoother transition between stances, stuff like that.

But what about the Spartan Trail?

720p is so badly upscaled I can't make out if planes even have any rumoured trail shader.

Or did he mean the lag that still seems to be there for

? :)

Probably not. :smileflower: *runsaway*

But seriously - I was kinda surprised to see it. What do you think about it? Video lag? Probably not. Arma 2 fixes still not implemented? Not the same kind of lag that was fixed in Arma 2 some months ago?

Maybe he means vehicles actually moving on the road... like vehicles should. Holy SHI--

?? I don't see any lag :D

or did internet sarcasm strike again?

Hmmm - I see it. The vehicle on the distant road does not move fluently but "stutters" instead.

But maybe a trailer version with a higher resolution would help here. :)

He is more than a bot, he is an AI :ok:

IAI ... indepedent AI :)

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

How subtle can these "hints" be? I'm seriously considering watching all the vids again, so this had best not be a ploy, I don't think l could take it!

think You see something new? try quad the count ;)

I uploaded it in Xvid, 2000 Mb/s in 1080p with an additional 3D feature which looks really neat!

is the link :)

Tough it is still very hard to tell and seeing it is propably depending on believing it is there or not :D

xvid is not really good idea when you want HD, IMO original trailer contains more details and is slightly clearer.

I guess that those trails are there but they are too short, they are barely visible.

Was watching the trailer today and found something (i guess).

Any one else have noted that the "Dome" can be seen from kilometers at background on Spartan trail? (1:17) I dont recall the Drawing distance to be this good on Old Arma games.

that's the magic of youtube :(

if you say trails, do you mean these, the heat haze or these grey ones suspected to be rockets?

Ahh, the difference between the typical COD and BIS community... -exaggerated-

COD- 'Look at that explosion!!11!! $@* that kill was sooo leet (ad nauseum)'

ARMA3 - 'Those few pixels kilometers away in frame 38012 look like heat trails from a 2006 era Viggen.. Or Sion Lentin is talking again... Will throw the image in Fibonacci sequential enhancement and get back with the results'

Love the progress BIS. But remember the problem with dealing crack in digital form.. You can't get away from US! :)

Edited by Scrub
Crazy double/edit post... Did I say Crack?

ArmA2 AO, radio towers can be seen in the far distance, well past normal object rendering distance. i think they added this to aircraft as well. so land mark objects and aircraft overhead have separate render distance values than regular objects like soldiers, vehicles, trees and buildings.

Was watching the trailer today and found something (i guess).

Any one else have noted that the "Dome" can be seen from kilometers at background on Spartan trail? (1:17) I dont recall the Drawing distance to be this good on Old Arma games.

IAI ... indepedent AI :)

Is this what BIS is calling their new AI technology, that is still unannounced?

:cool:

Analysis of the Stratis Showcase trailer:

Some of the things you have pointed out, such as tail lights, blinkers, exhaust, and swaying grass have been around since OFP, ArmA 1, and ArmA 2.