Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

While they haven't even finished the males, how much hope do you have for females which receive less time? They will be just bugged and BIS will receive shit for it.

If they are then I hope BIS do not put them in game. I doubt they'll get worked on but the idea is there. Modders can always mod it, you are right, but BIS' internal goals, priorities and time are their business, I hope they work on something more fulfilling from a game perspective but from a gameplay and mission maker perspective, this would add more choice.

They may at some point have to add female soldiers anyway. From a VBS perspective there is bound to be a point when someone uses the old discrimination chestnut, probably in Britain.

They may at some point have to add female soldiers anyway. From a VBS perspective there is bound to be a point when someone uses the old discrimination chestnut, probably in Britain.

Women can't use computers anyway.

If they are then I hope BIS do not put them in game. I doubt they'll get worked on but the idea is there. Modders can always mod it, you are right, but BIS' internal goals, priorities and time are their business, I hope they work on something more fulfilling from a game perspective but from a gameplay and mission maker perspective, this would add more choice.

My sentiments exactly, mate. ;)

theres already civilan females in arma 2 you mad yet? lol

Women can't use computers anyway.

Lol, this thread really needs more jokes like this. I'm not kidding either. :P

It was an exaggeration.

It adds simply NOTHING to the game, takes away BIS time and resources. It is useless. You can not get immersed to the game with this clunkyness, so why add more stuff before enchancing the rest?

It does add something to the game. It allows us to play as a female soldier if we so choose. Some people would choose to do so for one reason or another.

So there you have it. It ADDS the ability to PLAY as a FEMALE SOLDIER into the game.

Why ? Girls are not to be placed on the front. Leave the job to us ! I am not against female soldiers serving or in general against females lol, but the thing is, I would search any chance to prevent a women be placed at the frontlines. It is just so.

We live in a world where "men" marry little girls old like 5-13 years... I've read a shocking article in National Geographic today... that made me extremely mad and also sad that I can do so little to bring little justice to these godforsaken ppl in poor regions of Yemen, India, Afghanistan etc. You even have two "proud" f*ckers on the headline article shot there...

and BIS statement is no-armed women/kids in game? Talking about unrealistic view of this crazy world we live in... these "child brides" are present even in Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh,... not to mention even more cultured countires, even in proud USofA you can find crazy redneck/militant/peace-loving-religious-preaching-fanatic "Jesus insert-your-crazy-idea" groups that practice that.

I would recommend Czechs to go a bit further than Croatia on the next summer vacation, in countries like Africa, maybe do a roadtrip from Marocco to Kenya ;) I bet they will look differently on "simulations" when they'll have a chance to buy an AK47 for 10 dollars... from a smiling kid :)

2480.israeli-army-girls.jpg

my 2 cents... for a Chinese-made AK47.

Edited by IceBreakr

my 2 cents... for a Chinese-made AK47.

Type-56, good sir. :)

Type-56, good sir. :)

-z2ucmARq-k

This here's a Chinese model. I get 'em for 850. :yay:

I don't know where we went from female units in A3 to pedophiles, but how about they let them fix player movement first and then add the skins in after?

As i said before, few will take their inclusion seriously and it will just become the new Allah Akbar.

Atleast let female characters be able to use weapons. They are mostly useless in ArmA 2 right now.

Atleast let female characters be able to use weapons. They are mostly useless in ArmA 2 right now.

There probably aren't that many women in the game during this stage in development. Most likely only civilian women, and they won't see much use anyhow. At least in my experience.

Atleast add kitchens in some houses so females could be at some use then.

Well there are some good looking females in "The Witcher"... :supercool:

Guess that BIS devs just don't want to censor their own games only for our prudent friends over there in US. The only solution for BIS is to make all the other things sexy and well-oiled.

Atleast add kitchens in some houses so females could be at some use then.

Those jokes are really funny :rolleyes:

About female in frontlines, everybody know they get there by misfortune, not by military doctrine.

If BIS is to include females just because players can play as a woman if they wish so, why not add everything and make the game a kind of The Sims?

They don't add mechs or spaceships, toysoldiers or zombies for the same true reason: it's not what the game is about or stands for.

Some things would be cool additions for some people (and I respect that), but they just don't go well with the game (or at least the devs vision).

Operative;1940402']Those jokes are really funny :rolleyes:

About female in frontlines' date=' everybody know they get there by misfortune, not by military doctrine.

If BIS is to include females just because players can play as a woman if they wish so, why not add everything and make the game a kind of The Sims?

They don't add mechs or spaceships, toysoldiers or zombies for the same true reason: it's not what the game is about or stands for.

Some things would be cool additions for some people (and I respect that), but they just don't go well with the game (or at least the devs vision).[/quote']We are still not sure about Mechs and Spaceships in ArmA III... maybe in 2024 this is common equipment.

To bring women in a wargame is a hot iron...out of German sight. If it get part of the game to kill women it could be possible that ArmA 3 gets a USK of 18 and not of 16 like ArmA 2. That means that it isn't allowed to make advertisements or gaming magazines aren't allowed to report about the game in common magazines. Just in magazines for adult....haha...adult gaming magazine. :rotfl: I don't think that BIS will risk the potential of German market just for women who aren't really much in duty...think that the roles you are playing in ArmA is the one of Special Forces or other fighting units.

But in the community are some women who playing ArmA...but I would say it's nearly the same ratio as in military duty (I take medical service out)

I'd like to see only females [Edit: or shemales] in arma 3. you know. I'm tired of looking at men all the time when I play! Need some pretty stuff with pink "hello kitty" weaponry.

hello-kitty-assault-rifle.jpg

;)

To bring women in a wargame is a hot iron...out of German sight. If it get part of the game to kill women it could be possible that ArmA 3 gets a USK of 18 and not of 16 like ArmA 2. That means that it isn't allowed to make advertisements or gaming magazines aren't allowed to report about the game in common magazines. Just in magazines for adult....haha...adult gaming magazine. :rotfl: I don't think that BIS will risk the potential of German market just for women who aren't really much in duty...think that the roles you are playing in ArmA is the one of Special Forces or other fighting units.

But in the community are some women who playing ArmA...but I would say it's nearly the same ratio as in military duty (I take medical service out)

Isn't operation Arrowhead an 18? I'm pretty sure it has been rated 18 by PEGI.

Isn't operation Arrowhead an 18? I'm pretty sure it has been rated 18 by PEGI.
PEGI is just one rating agency...USK is the german one and some european countries (austria, Switzerland) just adopt the USK rating.

USK rating is 16 as with all military games...but having GORE, or CHILDREN in it would make it 18 automatically. As long as violence is not fully depicted (gore, dismemberment, show of sexual abuse etc. ) it always goes with USK 16. That's why the german PvP scene is more in the teens and thats why MP on german severs sucks so often...to much 16 year olds.

I guess it's possible to kill women in ArmA 2 currently, but it's not a goal.