Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

I think female soldiers should be included in a combat role. At the moment it (at least in the British Army, I think) women are allowed to join though aren't allowed roles that guarantee offensive combat. However they are put into positions where at some point they are highly likely to have to defend themselves.

There was a programme on ITV(UK) recently, following some of the soldiers from a logistics group that had to drive resupply vehicles to FOBs in Afghanistan, facing certain attack from the Taliban each time.

It is surely only a matter of time before women IRL take on full combat roles, and in the case of a conflict like the one planned for ArmA3 where NATO was "being pushed into the sea" they would surely be called on to fight. More than that I imaginea huge amount of them would WANT to fight.

even if offtopic: not matter how few men are left, women should never get into combat i think.

while men tend to get angry and feel hate about their enemy while under fire and casulties, women would just collapse and break together when their life is in danger.

and imagine the moral of the men when they saw the first bullet crushing through the beautiful face of one of the girls ... its seriously stupid that we have females in the army nowadays, emancipation should know its limits.

so please BIS stay with your old attitude "no kids and no women".

I think females should be incorperated into pilot and driver roles for aircraft and land vehicles (both offensive and transport)

The IDF has tons of women in their military and there is no reason to keep them out of the picture.

There are tons of female ah1 and ah64 pilots and from what i understand they are growing in population for roles as jet fighters too.

I see no reason not to include them , but i agree they should not be the ones on the frontlines with m4's with full tactical gear.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

even if offtopic: not matter how few men are left, women should never get into combat i think.

while men tend to get angry and feel hate about their enemy while under fire and casulties, women would just collapse and break together when their life is in danger.

and imagine the moral of the men when they saw the first bullet crushing through the beautiful face of one of the girls ... its seriously stupid that we have females in the army nowadays, emancipation should know its limits.

you are an idiot

google lyudmila pavlichenko and stfu

Saying that... this is quite disturbing and sick!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8511010.stm

"I'm told that the statistics are that once you have been raped in the military you are most likely to be raped over and over."

This makes me think of the US Army in totally differnt outlook now >< BIS choose a Differnt Army for ArmA 3

Psh. Stupid.

BIS is just making themselves look sexist by not letting women drive or fly planes or carry guns.

honestly it wouldnt happen if they were not such a rare occurance in the military

Who says its Rare, no one speaks up to report it as their is consequences :(

I think he means "rare" as in women are rare in the military. I don't think this is really the place for this discussion though.

you are an idiot

google lyudmila pavlichenko and stfu

now that one women from 1940 realy convinced me mate :j:

back in this time the people where physicaly and psychological much more robust than nowadays ... ahh nevermind, my english isnt good enough to state my point properly.

Who says its Rare, no one speaks up to report it as their is consequences :(

no i meant women are a rare occurance in the US military in most positions.

Not even just that , but the way they are integrated into the system is wrong.

right now some estimates say for every 10 men there is a women serving.

the problem is they are thrown into a unit alone to fend for themselves , and anybody who has served can tell you a marines favorite hobby other than killing is beating off multiple times a day.

IF women were integraded into close groups of 3 or 4 , it would make it safer for them in general , not only because groups would deter things like rape , but 4 women reporting the same sexual offense is ALOT more credible than 1 lone woman saying she was raped (which is often written off here in the states as a cop out for a "slutty girl").

Also there is the fact that women are there for emotional support for each other , guys are there for emotional support when there is pussy on the table.

its a sad fact of life.

Either take women out of the military completely , or integrate them so they can feel safe and not alone in their gender.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

now that one women from 1940 realy convinced me mate :j:

back in this time the people where physicaly and psychological much more robust than nowadays ... ahh nevermind, my english isnt good enough to state my point properly.

people are no different today , especially women

Either take women out of the military completely , or integrate them so they can feel safe and not alone in their gender.

100% Agree, well said

sorry for chouvinism, but i cant find it realistic to see a skinny woman shooting a m240 or something...

and when you say that it would fit to story line, we would need to have some children with weapons too ... sorry but weapons and war belongs to the man.

for sure it would be coold if females could do all the animations that the males can do, but PLS dont add armed women to the campaign or predefined units.

Who said the women are skinny?

I once met a female M240 gunner, she was bigger (and stronger) than me. As a child in Siberia, she had to walk 10km everyday to get water from a well and bring it back. Needless to say, the M240 and the army marches were a joke for her.

Give me some footage of a female SOLDIER at a firing range rather than civilians who appear to have never held a firearm before, there is a big difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-KaUl_olo&feature=related

7331187937a2ebpx3.jpg

733118854e8e88wq4.jpg

733107041584184ix7.jpg

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3347/dotz141110704scroppedbiay8.jpg 200kb

d858310c-752f-4ade-bbe7-494129fc7108.jpg

Pg-23-Jerusalem-get_584847t.jpg

Edited by Alex72
Image size >100kb

Response to the above post ^

Israel is different. They require everyone to serve and therefore like guiltyspark said, they can get the support they require due to large numbers of other women serving. The US military would be vastly different like he also pointed out. Plus it's yet to be seen how a unit consisting of females would react to fighting a modern enemy, armed to the teeth with well trained and well equipped men, who are their technological equals.

no i meant women are a rare occurance in the US military in most positions.

Not even just that , but the way they are integrated into the system is wrong.

right now some estimates say for every 10 men there is a women serving.

the problem is they are thrown into a unit alone to fend for themselves , and anybody who has served can tell you a marines favorite hobby other than killing is beating off multiple times a day.

IF women were integraded into close groups of 3 or 4 , it would make it safer for them in general , not only because groups would deter things like rape , but 4 women reporting the same sexual offense is ALOT more credible than 1 lone woman saying she was raped (which is often written off here in the states as a cop out for a "slutty girl").

Also there is the fact that women are there for emotional support for each other , guys are there for emotional support when there is pussy on the table.

its a sad fact of life.

Edited by Sky999

I once met a female M240 gunner, she was bigger (and stronger) than me. As a child in Siberia, she had to walk 10km everyday to get water from a well and bring it back. Needless to say, the M240 and the army marches were a joke for her.

and how many woman are out there in the world that are bigger and stronger than the average man? not many...

maybe iam chouvinistic but woman (just alike children) have to be protected by the man, thats my natural instinct. to watch how one of the girls you posted gets shot would make me more sick than if it would be my best mate.

ok i shut up now :o

can someone explain what this fuss is about, and what are the reason FOR wanting them?

ok i shut up now :o

Cool, thanks. Please follow through on this.

PuFu, maybe read the thread. Arma is a simulator, women in real life are in the military and are able to drive cars.

can someone explain what this fuss is about, and what are the reason FOR wanting them?

Some people argue that women should be represented in the ARMAVERSE as soldiers. This causes a few issues, for example, the models are different, and also the fact that some consider it unrealistic because women don't play much of a part in combat.

To be frank, the ARMAVERSE still has yet to portray Hispanics in the US military and are just getting around to portraying Asians, I think female soldiers can take a seat at the back of the list of importance.

An over abundance of female service members would be highly unrealistic. Anyone who knows anything about the military is that woman are physically not fit for combat roles, which is why they are not allowed in front line occupations in the military.

If anyone wants to pull any "sexism" card BS, they can follow this link:

http://kitup.military.com/2011/03/breaking-news-commission-recommends-women-in-combat.html

Kit Up is military news blog that is maintained by a retired Navy SEAL and a seasoned military news correspondent, and is frequented by veterans of all nations and branches. In the comments you will find little but utter proof that woman are not fit for combat, and therefore, if Arma 3 is to be more realistic than "dude let's have hawt chicks in the game!", there shouldn't be female soldiers.

There is so much more to focus on than being PC in this game.

Edited by DerKonig

i understand that women could be portreyed in arma, but i don't see it on top of the importance list anyhow. Yes, would be cool to have the option there available, if you ask me not in the profile, but rather as an option for a mission designer.

But then again, i still don't understand the fuss

An over abundance of female service members would be highly unrealistic. Anyone who knows anything about the military is that woman are physically not fit for combat roles, which is why they are not allowed in front line occupations in the military.

If anyone wants to pull any "sexism" card BS, they can follow this link:

http://kitup.military.com/2011/03/breaking-news-commission-recommends-women-in-combat.html

Kit Up is military news blog that is maintained by a retired Navy SEAL and a seasoned military news correspondent, and is frequented by veterans of all nations and branches. In the comments you will find little but utter proof that woman are not fit for combat, and therefore, if Arma 3 is to be more realistic than "dude let's have hawt chicks in the game!", there shouldn't be female soldiers.

There is so much more to focus on than being PC in this game.

You just made a point and then completely contradicted yourself with an article. Now you're asking me to trust the comment section of an internet page as a reliable source of proof?!

Making generalizations about the genders is, by definition, sexist. Although in general, usually men are more physically large than women, there are plenty of men sadly unfit for combat, and there are plenty of women combat able and strong. Even if you disagree, your article says explicitly that they are passing it soon. This takes place in the future so it makes more women will be serving.

My quote was in response to beagles post that women cannot handle firearms based on the assumptions of youtube videos by people who clearly have never handled them.

The amazing double standard is that women can be represented in games as victims or hookers or as heroines with minimum clothing in adventure type games but when a female soldier comes into suddenly it becomes a big deal of morality and so on.

Now from a business standpoint I can understand as it would be more questionable in press than manhunt somehow, this would definately be one of the things better left to the sanctions of the community IE less press BS.

Edited by NodUnit