Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

How do you figure? An awkward unusable implementation of something that really doesn't add much in the first place definitely isn't better than not including it and focusing the time in other areas of the game.

Seeing as femal (resistance) soldiers would only need a different head it wouldnt kill anyone adding this. Female civilian models would require some extra animations though, but still.

Seeing as femal (resistance) soldiers would only need a different head it wouldnt kill anyone adding this. Female civilian models would require some extra animations though, but still.

Females have different body types. They don't have male bodies with female heads. If BIS is going to do females, then they need to be done right.

Female soldiers is really not of very high value to me. Getting males up to speed with BMI and height values (VBS2) is more significant to add some variety to the battlefield. however, if it can be done without developing overhead, then sure, go for it.

But I would like to be able to control at least on the server (if not in mission) how many can be females, or use fixed female slots on a per mission basis. I think I would be happy with regular animations and body, with just female faces and voices.

I really don't want to experience logging in and finding every unit to be a female, just because it can be done. Females require restraints, just like in real life :D (couldn't resist :D)

I'd very much like for them to be included, but if they aren't, it wouldn't be that much of a game-breaker for me. There are already radio voices in-game for them in O.A. so I don't see how hard it would be to get them into the game. If they are included, it probably should be randomized similar to how faces are in the current incarnation of RV. If they aren't included, at least allow the civilian ones to be able to use weapons and ride in vehicles. On another note, there should be some children on the civilian side; after all, they are the future. Why bother fighting wars if not for the children's future and thus, the future of the country?

Edited by Laqueesha

Yes to fighting women (although not necessarily in the armies of the East/West forces).

No to children, for all the reasons that are stated every time someone starts a thread about it. They'd need a whole different set of animations, mo'-caps, AI behaviours etc. What's the point when no decently-designed mission is going to encourage you to shoot them? They'd be amusing to have in a zombie mod, true... .

No, please just work on getting the male voices better. No need to work on the female voices too because nobody sensible will be playing a female character.

No, please just work on getting the male voices better. No need to work on the female voices too because nobody sensible will be playing a female character.

But it isn't about who you will play as, it's about the other characters and soldiers around you on the battlefield.

But it isn't about who you will play as, it's about the other characters and soldiers around you on the battlefield.

Women don't go to war, and I am not playing a game where I would be talking with the civilians. I play arma to destroy things, I don't know what you guys are doing if you aren't.

women don't go to war, and i am not playing a game where i would be talking with the civilians. I play arma to destroy things, i don't know what you guys are doing if you aren't.

FPDR

Oh dear.

Edited by Laqueesha

FPDR

Oh dear.

You wish arma to be a date simulator? I ain't playing that thing. There's sims if you wish to play a date simulator.

You play flashpoint dragon rising? I ain't playing that thing. There's sims if you wish to play a date simulator.

306-troll-harder.jpg

You wish arma to be a date simulator? I ain't playing that thing. There's sims if you wish to play a date simulator.

Hah :D I'm not really a big fan of women soldiers in games, but this is quite clearly a ridiculous argument :D

Hah :D I'm not really a big fan of women soldiers in games, but this is quite clearly a ridiculous argument :D

Why is it, explain to me? I don't really get what you guys are getting out of this...

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Well "duh"

Image reply?

gb2b

Edited by Primarch

Image reply?

Quoting images in full isn't allowed around these parts. Since you've been a member here for around a year, you should know that by now. Change the quoted image to a URL link before a mod sees it. :rolleyes:

Why is it, explain to me?

Your argument (or claim, rather) that adding female characters to a game automatically makes it a 'dating simulator' is complete and utter rubbish. :rolleyes:

Edited by Laqueesha

Quoting full images isn't allowed here. Since you've been a member for around a year, you should know that. Change it to a URL link before a mod sees it. :rolleyes:

Your argument that adding female characters to a game automatically makes it a 'dating simulator' is complete and utter rubbish. :rolleyes:

It was an exaggeration.

It adds simply NOTHING to the game, takes away BIS time and resources. It is useless. You can not get immersed to the game with this clunkyness, so why add more stuff before enchancing the rest?

It was an exaggeration.

Then you really shouldn't be surprised at any reaction then :)

It adds simply NOTHING to the game, takes away BIS time and resources. It is useless. You can not get immersed to the game with this clunkyness, so why add more stuff before enchancing the rest?

I agree that it adds little to the game, that's my main opposition to it. However, in a pragmatic sense, female soldiers are only really different body types, and I would like to see different body types in the game. Short, tall, fat, thin, male, female.

So, in general, I am in favour of differing body types, but am ambivalent on female soldiers specifically.

Women don't go to war, and I am not playing a game where I would be talking with the civilians. I play arma to destroy things, I don't know what you guys are doing if you aren't.

i_like_where_this_thread_is_going_ship_heading_into_epic_storm.jpg

Female soldiers counts for guerrilla also - it doesn't mean conventional - and this is future warfare not current. At least tweak their anims so they can hold weapons... it opens up a few doors. We don't have to see women groups of soldiers running around everywhere, or players choosing a gender... just tweaks to make it easier for mission makers.

look, I am from v

Sometimes I just hope the steam sales never happened. All these guys are posting with image replies. And please, read the thread before you reply to any older comments next time.

Sometimes I just hope the steam sales never happened. All these guys are posting with image replies. And please, read the thread before you reply to any older comments next time.

What is it with you and false quotes?

Female soldiers counts for guerrilla also - it doesn't mean conventional - and this is future warfare not current. At least tweak their anims so they can hold weapons... it opens up a few doors. We don't have to see women groups of soldiers running around everywhere, or players choosing a gender... just tweaks to make it easier for mission makers.

This. ^ As I suggested earlier, it should be randomized like user faces at the moment to avoid instances like with the odd platoon where everybody is female. But, if that's your cup of tea, you can use a command similar to setFace to get clone armies.

They will need to add voices and whatnot too. A lot of useless work will be made so a few people can feel a bit more "immersed". I suggest that BIS will focus on more important stuff... Like adding more animations for MALES first? I am against this idea to add more animation types before the rest are on good state.

It depends what you want, people in this thread want different things;

I want animations for women to hold weaponary and whatever else tweaked off that. We can then tweak our missions to fit what we want, especially when it comes to guerrilla warfare missions and MSO's.

Other people want full women soldiers, guerrilla women soldiers, etc.

The animations are getting worked on, once they finish them for males maybe they can you. You are right, males come first in Arma - it's the main gender of choice and what we use.

It depends what you want, people in this thread want different things;

I want animations for women to hold weaponary and whatever else tweaked off that. We can then tweak our missions to fit what we want, especially when it comes to guerrilla warfare missions and MSO's.

Other people want full women soldiers, guerrilla women soldiers, etc.

The animations are getting worked on, once they finish them for males maybe they can you. You are right, males come first in Arma - it's the main gender of choice and what we use.

I agree, same here, but the claim that just enabling female characters to utilise weaponry and vehicles will take a significant amount of developer time is complete and utter rubbish. If one man (Schnapsdrosel's female soldiers addon, for example) can do it, then a full-fledged software development company with contracts all over the world should have no problem doing it. As for the claim that it will not add anything to the game, well there's a lot of things in the game that don't add anything to it and yet people still want those things implemented in the game. ;)

I agree, same here, but the claim that just enabling female characters to utilise weaponry and vehicles will take a significant amount of developer time is complete and utter rubbish. If one man (Schnapsdrosel's female soldiers addon, for example) can do it, then a full-fledged software development company with contracts all over the world should have no problem doing it. As for the claim that it will not add anything to the game, well there's a lot of things in the game that don't add anything to it and yet people still want those things implemented in the game. ;)

While they haven't even finished the males, how much hope do you have for females which receive less time? They will be just bugged and BIS will receive shit for it.