Sign in to follow this  
Dibuk

They better have female soldiers...

Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see women in ArmA 3?

• I would like to see female combat units for each/certain military faction(s)
    • I would prefer only civilian female characters, but with full combat animations/capability
    • I wouldn't mind seeing civilian female characters, but don't care/prefer if they are combat capable
    • I would prefer to see no female characters in ArmA 3 (downgrade from ArmA 2)

I could ask you the same thing. What's your excuse?

No logistic [sic] simulation? Ever heard of ammunition, repair and petrol lorries? Not to mention the bloody WARFARE system? Do you even play ARMA at all, or do you spend all of your time trolling the BI forums? :rolleyes:

WOW! All you need in Warfare is an ammo truck and a repair truck... Do you call that a simulation?

WOW! All you need in Warfare is an ammo truck and a repair truck... Do you call that a simulation?

It still defeats your completely asinine claim that there are no logistics to be found anywhere in ARMA.

It still defeats your completely asinine claim that there are no logistics to be found anywhere in ARMA.

ArmA 2 is not a jet simulation, yet if there are planes it is a jet simulation?

ArmA 2 is not a jet simulation, yet if there are planes it is a jet simulation?

What does it say on the cover of ARMA 2?: (ULTIMATE MILITARY SIMULATOR)

Now tell me how do you think this will show in ArmA 3 as there will be no logistic simulation since that is useless in a 20km map.

No-one but BIS knows what will be in A3, and no-one knows at all what will be possible in A3.

Arma2 does not need to be a "logistics simulator" in order to simulate logistics.

ArmA 2 does not need to be a "logistics simulator" in order to simulate logistics.

My point exactly, mate. ;)

Definition: Simulation is the imitation of some real thing, state of affairs, or process.

Edited by Laqueesha

Yeah, right.

Now tell me how do you think this will show in ArmA 3 as there will be no logistic simulation since that is useless in a 20km map.

Well considering we already have dozens of logistic vehicles and people in the game, it would make sense that arma 3 would. Besides, this far in the future it's pretty obvious those restrictions will be gone.

This argument is so stupid. Just because people don't like women in the army they think it shouldn't be there at all, even if it is realistic... But then again, only .1% of every military is composed of women :rolleyes:.

Edited by ryguy

What does it say on the cover of ARMA 2?: (ULTIMATE MILITARY SIMULATOR)

don't believe everything written on the box, that's a general rule...

Don't know if I want female soldiers, but females should be able to pick up a gun, just like in OFP.

I don't see much value in spending time adding women soldiers to the core game either but I do think having animations missing in one or other gender is a bit below the normally high integrity of ArmA's simulation of the world. Such shortcuts are the stuff of other games.

This are just guys using female names. I have not met any real girl, women, wife or girlfriend that likes such games or likes partners playing games so far and I never will fore sure. The only SIM I know of girls play sometiemes is THE SIMS

My girlfriend LOVES the sims.. have all the xpansions and whatnot..

ALSO love BF2 and shes very good, even have faster reflects than me :o

but is true, females doesnt like to go as "vocal" as guys in games.. trust me, she just play and enjoy the game, nothing else

ON TOPIC:

wth is with the "no females in arma" thing?!?! You know there is females soldiers in combat IN REAL LIFE?!?! Even childrens?!?! (thats another topic, more sensible of course, but whatever, just making a point)

Properly implemented would be a nice addition..

you want realism or not?!?!

If modern trends continue by 2020 women will be serving in many more branches of othe armed forces. Particularly true for smaller nations-- even more so true as militaries become smaller and in many cases have fewer willing/potential recruits. As special operatives (not necessarily of the light infantry kind) women have served with distinction.

Female insurgents may be uncommon in the male dominated middle east, but in any other setting would be expected.

What concerns me much more is whether or not the "small team of researches" of the main story will turn out to be some random love interest of the worst harebrained Hollywood kind.

If modern trends continue by 2020 women will be serving in many more branches of othe armed forces. Particularly true for smaller nations-- even more so true as militaries become smaller and in many cases have fewer willing/potential recruits. As special operatives (not necessarily of the light infantry kind) women have served with distinction.

My point exactly, mate. The game takes place in the bloody future. ;)

My point exactly, mate. The game takes place in the bloody future. ;)
Ifmocern trend continue you wil see LESS women in service, that's because of the long term deployments that become the norm. That's exactly why women drop out here. ANother reason is simple and also a fact...military service time coincedes with the phase in which women want to found a family (24-35)...try that with deployments all over the world. Men can do that later in their late 40's women often can not. Thsta swhy women seek position that do not involve deployments to foreing territories. I did not think about that in my 20's but no in my late 30's i notice the incredible "spawn" rate that occurs with women aged 25-30.

Seems to be a call from nature.

Same happens with Officers in other branches like Customs or Police that I personally know...get pregnant...get a deskjob, stay behind desk till pension.

I think we saw the peak in enlisted women already...the more constant war and fatalities the less will enlist except the tradition roles in medical corps.

Edited by Beagle

you want realism or not?!?!

Why does everybody appeal to realism? I mean, it's one thing to be able to pick up a gun without having a gun (the latter gun being a euphemism), it's another to be able to select a woman soldier (or a child soldier or a war animal). And then they'd probably have to make a new group so it would be US Army - Women and then everybody'd be like

BIS! Y U NO INTEGRATE GENDER GROUPS?!?!?!

Because if this involves American troops, females will not be included. They are only allowed to serve in support roles.

This is opening a huge can of worms, women in the infantry will not work. Sorry.

This are just guys using female names. I have not met any real girl, women, wife or girlfriend that likes such games or likes partners playing games so far and I never will fore sure. The only SIM I know of girls play sometiemes is THE SIMS

Our clan has a girl pilot......

Could someone give a definition of soldier.

For the record Beagle, the fact that you don't know any women that play games of all sorts does not mean they don't exist.

So obviously we'll never have playable female soldiers because the industry has not yet matured, so how about the simple ability to have them pick up the weapon, don't need any animation changes or complex stuff like that, just the ability to simply do it, apply the same skeleton male characters use because if the only purpose women will serve in these games is as civilians that cannot defend themselves in any way then might as well be gone with them and return to the Sahrani roots.

Edited by NodUnit

For all these people who ask why we need female soldiers - recall OFP. In the game, all female units (though being civilians) could as much as male ones. In A2, we had weird old women and prostitutes who could do nothing but have animations of being scared and running. Oh, and they couldn't do a thing you'd expect from a milsim.

Also, some people here have mentioned that A3 will only be about US soldiers. Well, since the game will take place in Europe (Greece, to be precise), I wouldn't really be surprised if we'd see the females in the losing armies and the local resistance cells (think of French Resistance during WW2, for example).

This are just guys using female names. I have not met any real girl, women, wife or girlfriend that likes such games or likes partners playing games so far and I never will fore sure.

My GF enjoys all kinds of games. Stuff like Mass Effect, Dead Space, Battlefield or ArmA 2 :) So yeah, you have yet to meet anyone who's really into it.

Edited by nuttex

This thread is balls. My conclusion is that there are 2 kinds of people in these forums: Feminists and Realists.

As history neatly proves. In a true modern World War-scenario against an equivalent (or worse more powerful) enemy a nation cannot afford to let old fashioned segregation of the sexes get in the way. As more than one poster has argued-- this will be even more true in 2020.

During the Second World War the title of distinguished sniper was awarded to 261 Red Army snipers with over 50 confirmed kills.[citation needed] 428,335 individuals received Red Army sniper training, including Soviet and non-Soviet partisans, with 9,534 receiving sniping 'higher qualification'. The two six-month training courses in 1942 for women alone trained nearly 55,000 snipers.[23][verification needed] On average there was at least one sniper in an infantry platoon and one in every reconnaissance platoon, including in tank and even artillery units.[verification needed] Some also used the PTRD anti-tank rifle with an adapted scope as an early example of an anti-materiel rifle.

-k

Back in the day I recall running into a girl or two in ol' Counter Strike that could wreck a lot of people's shit, and some not so much. Can't say much about other games since then because apparently a lot of fps's today consist of a bunch of mutes. Short of the ArmA community, I only encounter a large amount of 'vocal' gamers in Valve related game these days as far as MP goes. Granted I haven't played every game out there, just saying though.

I don't even wanna know what kind of mods this will cause. ... Whew! Perverted!

In the spirit of ArmA, female characters should at least have combat animations so that they could potentially fight. If it's unrealistic that they're serving on the front lines then so be it (it's all up to mission design anyway), but there are certainly situations where women could be involved in combat, and to deny that for the sake of authenticity is against the spirit of ArmA IMO (especially since ArmA 3 takes place in a ficticious, future setting). To be honest, it makes as much sense as complaining about the NATO forces using F2000s and Comanches; it's all alternate reality, so different policies regarding female soldiers are perfectly plausible.

Now I realize it also means a lot of extra work for BIS (making a whole set of anims for females), so if they decide it's not worth the effort I'd be ok with it. Despite this, I'd still like to see the ability for female characters to fight in future ArmA games, and I don't understand why people are so opposed to it.

Edited by Big Dawg KS