Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Forum Template Design/Update/Removal

It depends on what template you're testing, there are actually two test displays (and the former one).

Yes, is looks like 'new_2' is showing improvements over 'new.'

I like the "new_2" theme much better, especially because it goes all the way to the edges of my screen and it looks less cluttered.

I think the theme should be more blue because I guess we are all used to the old blue forum. But this theme looks much better then the first one.

I also like that the User CP, FAQ etc... buttons are in the same place like before, looks much better and more organised

EDIT: Reply post button is way too small, needs to be bigger and without the little "Post"text.

EDIT 2: What about something like this?

3bzgcxt4bbptkthdwu.jpg

Edited by -Martin-

First Impression: WTF

Second impression: well its quite nice, only needs a little polish (maybe you could make some sort of metallic effect for the..not sure how its called, the part where the direct link and the Post date and time are)

I need a few more hours with this design before I make my final judgement

And please, don´t use dark red for the Thread names. It doesn´t really fit with grey

I'd like to have "constant column sizes", as in the old forum (not adapting to the number of posts or topics).

WIP 2 I like, but hard to determine at a glance if posts are posts I've already read... getting better, will stick with it and embrace the change. :)

Hi, i preffer the old one in blue tones, it's more clear, with the red/white one... im not sure where a post ends and another starts and what i'd seen already and what not; but the style wasn't bad at all. Let's C ya

i think it's refreshing, but the red just makes things hard to read imo. It draws attention to anything.

I liked the old 'blue' style. Keep a white/light gray background and combine it with any decently light color and i'd be happy.

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Show Signatures.

Uncheck the box. Done. :)

Ha! Cool, excellent.

this new wip 2 is much more polished i like alot. :)

My eyes like this.

Edited by NodUnit

Well if the only difference of new vs new_2 is the blue vs grey quote button, I prefer the grey one just for the sake of uniformity, the old blue one breaks the style. That hurts my eyes.

But otoh the "Post Reply" button doesn't look good either, so make it "Reply" only.

If you want to bring in some color, don't simply use old buttons with a new theme, but re-color the new buttons.

EDIT: Plus the font is better in new_2.

Nice work on the scheme. Please look into how it is shown on an Apple iPad however as it is not formatting correctly.

Thanks

The theme today looks almost perfect in my opinion. Just some icons need to be changed, I made a few as an example, you can use them if you want, I don't mind at all:

o0exndwz6zfcn6ktp2zb.jpg

y9jq9xnha270bg6ig94h.jpg

fucgvhljqel1gqb4kgxi.jpg

But the Quote, Edit and Reply buttons look too simple, they definitely need some work, also the red and grey thread names are hard to read, maybe it just takes some time to get used to but I think it would be better if threads were grey and black.

• The icons for new post, read post etc should be changed altogether, not just have the blue in it desaturated.
  • The reply, quote, new thread, multiquote, edit buttons needs some love. I like their simplicity, but there is something missing though.
  • Please keep the size of text inside the buttons the same:
    edit.gifquote.gifreply.gif
  • All the drop down menus to the right of Bohemia Interactive logo open behind the forum window.
  • The underlined category in which forum is should be Community, not Home.
  • Make up your minds about the color scheme used: At the moment i got red, red bold and grey (for threads i already read).

Edited by PuFu

The button icons look perfect to me, why do you need more?