Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Am I just getting old or did that trailer lack, well everything....?

Prone. LOL, I foresee players lying on eithers sides of aircraft shooting bogies left and right with their AT's.

Edited by froggyluv

Take out prone, everyone bashes them. Put it back in, everyone bashes them.

Frankly, I look forward to seeing if the gameplay differs radically from the consoleitus the Bad Company spinoffs suffered from. Not that I didn't/don't like the Bad Company games, it's just that I don't feel like I'm playing a Battlefield game when playing them.

The official Battlefield 3 announcement is in March along with a magazine article in Game Informer. Theres supposed to be something big at E3

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/03/march-cover-revealed-battlefield-3.aspx

The prone bashers are not Battlefield vets, just a bunch of people who played BC2 thinking it's a real BF.

The vets who say they want prone removed use dolphin diving as the reason. none of those people played Battlefield 2142 and saw that DICE dealt with that problem nicely there.

Edited by jblackrupert

I miss Battlefield 2142, actually. I just saw that a new patch was released for it, which includes its expansion for free. Shame my DVD drive is broken. :(

I miss Battlefield 2142, actually. I just saw that a new patch was released for it, which includes its expansion for free. Shame my DVD drive is broken. :(

It's going to be released on STEAM sometime. You can always check Craigslist for cheap disks.

Nice little free tool here for hunting on craigslist.

http://craigspal.com/?sidescreen

Great news, love all the bf's happy to see this as well :)

Lol, it will have prone. Delta Force 1 had prone. System Shock had prone. Well done EA, you've reinvented the wheel.

Soon they'll be touting "guns" as a feature.

Maybe it will inspire BIS to add "jump" :P

Hmm I will look at this BF3 - but i think it will be like upgraded Bad Company 2 with better dx11 and with prone :p

I hope the weapon damage/player HP will be more like BF1942 and less like BF2, i may actually enjoy this one.

Hmm I will look at this BF3 - but i think it will be like upgraded Bad Company 2 with better dx11 and with prone :p

Yes I agree, but that wouldn't be such a bad thing though... In my opinion the Battlefield series has always been more enjoyable than CoD or any of the others.

And the fact it's 64 player, that's a big deal to me... prone not as much, but still will be nice to have it back in the series.

I hope the weapon damage/player HP will be more like BF1942 and less like BF2, i may actually enjoy this one.

Yepp-as much as i wanted to enjoy bf2,fooked me off when i shot someone 1st in the back only for them to turn round and cap me? :eek:

But found with 2142 also 9\10 if you shoot 1st you won! :cool:

Yepp-as much as i wanted to enjoy bf2,fooked me off when i shot someone 1st in the back only for them to turn round and cap me? :eek:

L2P n00b.

L2P n00b.

Nice. :rolleyes:

Please refrain from flamebaiting.

Wow, 64 players? Prone? Jets?

Wasn't expecting that. Perhaps DICE actually has turned around and cares about the PC fanbase for BF3.. considering its a "true sequel" to BF2, I'm going to go with. Yes.

I know, I know. But, It seems promising. But, I still think its leuges behind other games that PC gamers now yern for like ROHOS and the likes. I will keep my eye on it, But between then and now. A new PC is really, really needed. :)

The question is, is it going to have destructible buildings like in BC2?

L2P n00b.

Aww if only you knew :o

Anyways back ontopic, be very interesting to see what improvments they add to the destructable enviro

I dont give a crap if it has 64 player MP that has already been done a decade ago.

I want to know....

Will it blend?

Im going to make some BF3 latte with my copy.

64 players seems standard fare. 64 players with a destructible environment seems quite good!

But is it balanced for lean?

Only the non-american side has lean to make it balanced.

64 players seems standard fare. 64 players with a destructible environment seems quite good!

I don't think a battlefield game really needs any more than 64, so long as they design the maps right. It can be pretty enjoyable. A max of 80, but past there. It would seem like overkill.

But But...battlefield 2 had prone..BC doesn't count.

For a teaser trailer though that was kinda...err...the only tease was BATTLEFIELD 3 logo, I wonder if anything will be different compared to BF2 other than graphics.

But But...battlefield 2 had prone..BC doesn't count.

For a teaser trailer though that was kinda...err...the only tease was BATTLEFIELD 3 logo, I wonder if anything will be different compared to BF2 other than graphics.

Destruction, Maps, Vehicles, Weapons and hopefully theres more than just Conquest gamemodes. Like a variation on Titan, and I would like to see a variation on AAS or RO2's Countdown mode, Would be intresting to see those 2 in a vanilla BF game.