Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Here's a pro tip for you thief based chars..

rgds

LoK

I beat you by 4 days, keep up love ;)

Theory: This whole obsession with "destruction" has killed the tactical gameplay of BF? I mean you don't have to blow up every single damned thing on the map to win, which is what most of my BFBC/1943 matches have come to.

when i read this i thought, that's pretty much the lot of the average soldier. so ironically bf3 may represent the futility of war more appropriately than most people realise. :eek:

yeah well, that is unless you play on Seine crossing on the russian side and have a mortar on spawn point ;) Then you can sort of defend most of the cap points on the russian side of the water by yourself.

regarding mortars: they don't show up on the map unless someone from your side has a direct line of sight with one.

Nobody answered me :( Will You have to pay for this game when it's out, I mean not like the single transaction but a monthly fee?

I didn't found that info anywhere, and that's the most important thing about this, for me. If it's monthly fee - I'm out.

with very little you can do to actually change the course of the battle, even when having a few friends playing with you in the same squad and on Ts...

Your squad is obviously doing things wrong then... If I play on my own I cant really effect the outcome (unless I get lucky with an mcom arm or something). But with a squad working well together you really can dominate...

regarding mortars: they don't show up on the map unless someone from your side has a direct line of sight with one.

Nope, enemy mortars will show on your map when they fire regardless of line of sight. Thats why you have to displace every round or so if the enemy is switched on (unless you like counter-battery)

Works fine for me on my 1680x1050.

Yeh same.

And the game runs great with everything max'ed out, on my near 4 year old machine!

I love my EOD bot to bits, but why don't I get points for disarming mines? :(

Other than that, I think the EOD bot is one of the best gadgets in the game along with the defibrillator and MAV. Only unlocked it yesterday and already got 3 MCOMs destroyed and 5 kills! :inlove: EOD bot...ahhhh.

Not to mention the AAV I destroyed or the T90 I disabled with it... :D

Edited by Hellfire257

I love my EOD bot to bits, but why don't I get points for disarming mines? :(

Other than that, I think the EOD bot is one of the best gadgets in the game along with the defibrillator and MAV. Only unlocked it yesterday and already got 3 MCOMs destroyed and 4 kills! :inlove: EOD bot...ahhhh.

Not to mention the AAV I destroyed or the T90 I disabled with it... :D

Oh yeah! :D

It's also funny to kill camping snipers with the EOD bot (driving it around and behind them), or parking it close to an MCOM when defending. Most enemies will react to it and destroy it when it's moving, but when it's just standing in a corner, most seem to overlook it.

So when defending, one of the first things I usually do is park my EOD bot close to an MCOM and put myself in a safe position further back. If the MCOM is attacked, I'll switch to the bot and either try and catch attackers as they plant, kill them when they try to hide in a corner, or simply drive up to the MCOM and disarm it again if the bot is close enough and the attackers are far away.

;)

Same as me then! I managed to get it down onto the tracks in Metro conquest whilst defending B. It was a right pain getting it down the escalator but I managed. Dropped down into the tracks and killed an LMG that was blocking our advance to C. Nobody seems to notice it until they're on fire!

Same as me then! I managed to get it down onto the tracks in Metro conquest whilst defending B. It was a right pain getting it down the escalator but I managed. Dropped down into the tracks and killed an LMG that was blocking our advance to C. Nobody seems to notice it until they're on fire!

Yeah, driving it can be a pain, but once you've learned the tricks, it's kind of fun. Some people don't seem to know what it is, so they ignore it, but others will hunt it down as soon as they notice it. I find it advantageous to drive close to walls, park near clutter and stop whenever an enemy may be looking in the bots direction, because once it stops some people seem to just lose interest. It's weird. :D

I haven't managed to destroy or disable a vehicle with the bot, but I have managed to drive away an LAV that was camping our MCOM on Seine Crossing. I guess the driver panicked when he started taking continuous damage and the gunner couldn't see the source. xD

Funnilly enough, I'm not that turned off by the UI. The comments here had led me to believe it was awefull, when in fact... I don't know, I got used to it pretty quick (faster than Morrowind or Oblivion).

I didn't know mobs didn't level with you a-la Oblivion, which is a VERY good news! But start of game is so easy I was led to think otherwise.

Still cannot find that darned Angi's Camp :D it's becoming something of an obsession with me now. I spent all LAST night searching for it as well :D before nobbing off and going up to High Throbber or whatever it's called. Took all my mountaineering skillz to get there, seeing as I couldn't identify an official way up. Until I found a pathway which, upon looking at it, seemed to be the "7000 steps" that the Jarl talked about. I'm guessing that path starts somewhere and you just follow it, but no not me I cling to sheer ice walls for 2 days before stumbling across it.

Enjoying the game a lot though.

Haha, same here DM, took the long way around, only to find those 7000 steps when about at the top of the mountain! :D

Haha, same here DM, took the long way around, only to find those 7000 steps when about at the top of the mountain! :D

When I found the path, I also found a couple of readable monuments, they're numbered IX and X. I wonder if I should have read the other implied 8 along the entire path in order to complete some ingame mechanism. To sort of prove that I have climbed the path.

Although, I'd bet that my way was harder :) I expect I'll read 'em on the way down. Before setting off to find Angi's Camp. Again.

Its already maxed out for me before i go into the game unless im missing something everything else is fine volume wise but skyrim needs to be all the way turned up.

Yep, the volume thing is really annoying. Luckily, it's probably the only thing about Skyrim that annoys me :D

Funnilly enough, I'm not that turned off by the UI. The comments here had led me to believe it was awefull, when in fact... I don't know, I got used to it pretty quick (faster than Morrowind or Oblivion).

I didn't know mobs didn't level with you a-la Oblivion, which is a VERY good news! But start of game is so easy I was led to think otherwise.

I agree. The UI is still meh but so easy to get used to that I don't mind it so much.

Die Hard, Mission Impossible, The Transporter and even Transformers aren´t so non-sense like MW3 main campaign. Its so over the top that... Dunno how can anyone find that fun after MW1 (that was a good one), BO and MW2. Last time I got sick of to much explosions and stuff was in Transformers 2, don´t even know how the movie ends. MW3 might be the next one.

But thats just me.

Got it, played the SP campaign loved it, played it again and enjoyed it more than battlefield 3... Sorry was that not what i was supposed to say on this forum? Problem? Too bad

I have filed a complaint against you.

Sadly BF3 has done away with the overall commander, which is a step backwards I think...

And not many people care about clearing mines, I must get 3 or 4 anti-explosive ribbons a round for blowing up mines.

Lucky you, I tried my damnest to get demolitions badges in BF2, sniper and engineer just made me cry..it seemed my team mates found them far easier than any of the enemies.