Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

)rStrangelove;1867007']Personally i think todays games ship with less SDKs because:

1. Game code & libraries are getting more complicated with more & more features and are heavily licenced by 3rd parties (EA's animations is just 1 example in this case).

2. Gamers are more motivated to buy DLC without any custom / free content available.

[edit]

BF3 SOUND DESIGN Interview - AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YosYceCN1MA&feature=related

That's pretty neat actually' date=' I recall reading in a magazine that Dice wants to make BF3 even more realistic in terms of audio and visuals, at first I held this with salt but from what I've seen in vehicle design and this I'm starting to think otherwise..

[url']http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/035/0/0/battlefield3_by_snohawk-d38rvcz.jpg[/url] It's hard to see here but the detail of the vehicle on the magazine is very high, the individual pieces that hold the plates of the skirt are modelled and it comes with lots of equipment on the baskets. Looking at the progression of vehicles they've gotten more accurate minus some things naturally but looking at the evolution from BF2 to BC and now BF3 I can't wait to see them in action...still a bit sulky about the removal of commander and dumbing down classes but ah well.

Well they sure know how to make a trailer!

*clicks F5 and turns music up*

The music is amazing, and the trailer is amazing, and it looks amazing, and oh my oh my. Pre order, ho!

Nice vistas... how much of it is actually usable, I wonder... but this might actually be fun...

horned helmets, muscle shirt armors. the whole art direction is just "bleh"

Did you even play the original Oblivion?

Oblivion like this new game, I'm assuming will be like Arma the community huge, and theres already a ton of armor, weapons, and creatures,

as well as mods for the game.

Man i used to play oblivion like I lived there, I had several houses, and castles, a job, a boat i went sailing on.

I only got up to level 18 with my highest character, but I quit playing as I was going to upgrade my pc which hasn't happened yet,

now Im just to busy with Arma2:CO and my Mod.

But this looks fantastic, I'd hope that some of the great mods that improved Oblivion in many areas would have been integrated or used in some way,

like paralax texturing, and some other stuff i cant remember.

Oblivion and Arma, and OFP took up my whole hardrive full of addons and mods! Best Rpg I ever played. Oblivion is the RPG version

of Arma do anything go anywhere addons, mods.

Looking forward to the release for sure!

Edited by Gnter Severloh

That's pretty neat actually, I recall reading in a magazine that Dice wants to make BF3 even more realistic in terms of audio and visuals, at first I held this with salt but from what I've seen in vehicle design and this I'm starting to think otherwise..

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/035/0/0/battlefield3_by_snohawk-d38rvcz.jpg It's hard to see here but the detail of the vehicle on the magazine is very high, the individual pieces that hold the plates of the skirt are modelled and it comes with lots of equipment on the baskets. Looking at the progression of vehicles they've gotten more accurate minus some things naturally but looking at the evolution from BF2 to BC and now BF3 I can't wait to see them in action...still a bit sulky about the removal of commander and dumbing down classes but ah well.

What you're looking at there is concept or promotional art, not ingame 3d rendering.

Lol, it will have prone. Delta Force 1 had prone. System Shock had prone. Well done EA, you've reinvented the wheel.

Soon they'll be touting "guns" as a feature.

Ooh don't forget Arma.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Hey ummm. What the hell does this have to do with BIS?

[/color]Hey ummm. What the hell does this have to do with BIS?

Not a great deal, that's why it's in "offtopic".

What you're looking at there is concept or promotional art, not ingame 3d rendering.

What? Damn, I was hoping to use that in arguement about my abrams detail and get it ingame..oh well who needs a reason anyway.

Half and half, I'll let you decide which half is which ;)

It's Battlefield.

It has never been realistic.

It has never claimed to be realistic.

It is not promoted as being realistic.

There is the problem, even if they dont promote/claim to be realistic, somepeople acturally thinks they are;)

See now im sitting on the fence thinking, should i buy it on a console *looks at dust gathering xbox* or PC?

See normaly its PC every time, but i worried that this title might turn out just to be a console port.

Anyone got any information or quote's that say the PC version isn't being left out in the cold?

Battlefield 3: Teaser trailer is out

Battlefield 1.0.0.03: Teaser trailer is out

Just an expensive patch . . . . . . .

Edited by SteveJA360

Anyone got any information or quote's that say the PC version isn't being left out in the cold?

Modding tools are an indication.

)rStrangelove;1875394'][Next trailer part is out. The squad is seeking cover on a rooftop while going into pos to engage a sniper. Heavily scripted i guess' date= but still nice. :)[/quote]

Would have been moar hilarious if the Sniper had interrupted the scene with 4 lethal headshots - Id a bought the game on "outside thinking" principle alone.

Yep, looks good. That kind of scripted AI always worries me -that scene may be tense the 1st time, but say you fail, its not really that tense anymore if the sniper cant actually kill you or your squaddies before getting to that edge.

Cant wait for the day when AI can self navigate like that without scripting...

Love the music they're using at the end of the trailers! but yeah,not the best of snipers! :D

Legendary stuff, Nod. :) Now, if you were to make an M1A1 AIM variant... say, with two different Aussie paint jobs, well... :cool: