Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Destruction, Maps, Vehicles, Weapons and hopefully theres more than just Conquest gamemodes. Like a variation on Titan, and I would like to see a variation on AAS or RO2's Countdown mode, Would be intresting to see those 2 in a vanilla BF game.

Hope so some of that though more I hope they release tools that give the community more freedom to mod, iirc they did not for BC or BC2.

I just hope they keep the lessons learned from bf2 and do not make claymore and mines able to detect and teamkill friendlies..ugh

Edited by NodUnit

They're using Frostbite 2.

Yes, But if Frostbite2 'supports' modding. That is the real question.

And by supports, I mean did the devs bother to create the tools and the setup for it and the files. :icon_rolleyes:

Hopefully, They will do something similar to what they (DICE) did in BF2, Using its 'custom game' system and a mods folder. And not making us 'hack' the game to edit stuff.

In this day and age? Pfft, publishers are way too paranoid about that stuff now. You of all people should know that, Ben. :p

In this day and age? Pfft, publishers are way too paranoid about that stuff now. You of all people should know that, Ben. :p

Yes :)

The only companies that ever do release mod tools seem to be PC developer companies. Such as BIS, Tripwire Interactive and so on. :(

If they are using Frostbite... my fear is that will be only a BC2 with a larger map and planes.

The only reason i still play BF2 its only the MoD "Forgotten Hope 2". If BF3 plays as BC2 or dont have modding suport... I'm far away from buying it.

Jets, 64 Players, Large maps and Prone.. And with the devs going "That sounds too much BC than BF for BF3" to ideas.

I'm looking forward to this. This and RO2. :D

I wouldn't say too much like BC but moreso too much like a cash in and stagnant game if they release it with not upgrades other than those, afterall BF2 already had them.

I can post these here?

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/gajason143/DSCF1871.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/gajason143/DSCF1870.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/gajason143/DSCF1869.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/gajason143/DSCF1868.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/gajason143/DSCF1867.jpg

-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release

-Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together

-Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written

-Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.

-Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.

-Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.

-AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets

-No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus

-Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism

-Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats

-Plan on better, more immediate post release content

-More unlocks than BFBC2

-Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"

-4 classes

-Will talk about squads "later"

-Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it

-Will have co-op

-There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off

-BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2

-They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.

-Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.

-"Fuck" will be used often, so M rated for sure

-There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done

-Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode

-More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game

-PC version is lead version

-Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.

-No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?

-Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.

So basically "Yes, the consoles are holding back the PC version"? Oh well, at least they admit it. I like all the other points you mentioned, except for the unlocks which i hate but i guess ill have to live with it. I now actually have some expections for this game, something that rarely happens. :)

Hmm, I don't like the fact DICE think 4 classes is enough, personally I liked the extra classes you got with BF2, it meant that you needed a well balanced squad to get stuff done properly. Anyway, I guess we will see...

EDIT: Oh and its interesting to see that the methods of making the PC version the "lead" platform seem mainly to be cutting the player count on console.

You're all so quick to criticize a game, rather than wait and see how it goes..

So far we have a teaser trailer, a few scanned mag pictures and a few paragraphs of offical info.

We wont know how much futhur ahead the PC version is (aside from graphics, destruction and server size) until at earliest, march. Seriously guys, give them some time to release the info before you start criticizing it.

Do we know if there will be downloadable dedicated server binaries?

You're all so quick to criticize a game, rather than wait and see how it goes..

I haven't been wrong yet, so I've got quite a lot of faith in my appraisal skillz.

4 Classes works well in BF2142 and it's waaaaaay more balanced and fleshed out all round then BF2.

Really? I never played that much of 2142, I think the setting wasn't too much of an interest to me but I did like the Titan game mode. Good to hear it was more balanced though.

Really? I never played that much of 2142, I think the setting wasn't too much of an interest to me but I did like the Titan game mode. Good to hear it was more balanced though.

The futuristic setting is what kept it from getting the numbers BF2 had.

Too many people who haven't tried it think it's pew pew lasers stuff when it's not.

The Demo has the crappiest map and you're stuck with the crap weapons

so that doesn't help things.

Hopefully when it hits Steam things will improve with the numbers.

BF3Blog.com]

http://bf3blog.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-wont-include-commander-feature/

Going through our latest issue of GameInformer, the question of Commander came up (the Commander feature was available on Battlefield 2, and gave a player command over his team). Here’s what we found in GameInformer:

Q: When I think about Battlefield 2, I always come back to the Commander position and the game within the game that arose from having Special Forces objectives. Are those returning in the proper sequel?

A: We could implement it, but the questions is “how do you get the threshold lower?†That’s not by making it more complicated. Our challenge is to make sure that anyone that just jumps into the game will get it. One of the biggest problems with Commander was that only two people could use it. Some people like it but most people didn’t care. They just cared that someone gave them an order or that their squad could play together having fun on their own more or less. Then the most hardcore people went into the Commander mode and learned how to use that. You could argue it was a great feature, but looking at the number you could also say that no one uses it. We tried in Bad Company 2 to give that t players, so you could issue orders to your squad, and you could use gadgets like the UAV that only the commander could use earlier — giving the power back to the players so everyone could use it. That made a big difference. More people could enjoy the game. We lowered the threshold for everyone because we gave it to everyone. We now know the boundaries are for keeping the strategic depth and complexity while lowering the threshold to get in.

The argument that only two players could be commander (each on his team) is valid, but that was the whole point: a commander would lead his team. The notion that the UAV in Bad Company 2 was more accessible is nonsense — there was only one UAV in Bad Company 2. So only one player could use it, as opposed to two commanders in BF2.

If you ask us, this is a textbook example of “dumbing things downâ€, what DICE calls “make the threshold lower†and we can’t help but feel disappointed that the Commander feature isn’t returning to Battlefield 3. It added a whole new level to the gameplay, and the team with a good commander had a clear advantage.

I understand lowering the threashold and such for consoles, Due to the low numbers and how noone on consoles would like to sit at the back of the map with a map open ordering guys. but for PC, without a commander it will be just complete chaos, and there wont be any way for squads to work with each other anymore. The commander was a key feature in keeping the large numbers of players in line and in order to keep it fun.

Also playing as commander was like playing a game of chess, if the enemy had a good commander as well. It could end up more fun than the actual game itself. :)

big lolz@ that "trailer"..., really what was it about? did we actually see anything at all?

You just know that bf3 online is going to be one major cluster f**k just like bf2 gameplay. It would have come into decent fruition if mod tools were available, but alas as i feared its not happening.

Id rather give my money to tripwire interactive who released mod tools before the game was even published, now thats dedication to the pc crowd.

Say goodbye to life, it may be a gudden

(yes im new, but I do have a brain I assure you)

Too late, Bohemia games deprived us of that long ago :D..and if that didn't then modding them did.

The futuristic setting is what kept it from getting the numbers BF2 had.

Too many people who haven't tried it think it's pew pew lasers stuff when it's not.

The Demo has the crappiest map and you're stuck with the crap weapons

so that doesn't help things.

Hopefully when it hits Steam things will improve with the numbers.

That and the graphics, at the time my computer ran bf2 just fine, tried a demo of 2142 and not so much..did really really like the menu and loading music and the whole icey feel.

as per their attitude..err..damnit I loved being commander :( so what, you give the power to the 'player' by having them pick up boxes or something and make it more like COD? :| damn the 'no person left behind' mentality in games.

Edited by NodUnit