Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

That and the graphics, at the time my computer ran bf2 just fine, tried a demo of 2142 and not so much..did really really like the menu and loading music and the whole icey feel.

The only troubles nowadays with framerates and lag are with Titans

everyone gets lag on board those especially on movable Titan maps.

The closer they are together the worse it gets.

Additional lag is created when players spam the Titan shields with the Titan guns. It does no damage at all

Crank up the "Digital Vibrance" on Nvidia cards and it looks a lot better

especially on the desert maps.

Theres something like 40+ servers switched over now

some are having issues with players getting kicked for "wrong version"

but the hosts are fixing that issue. It doesn't effect everyone.

This game has alot of potential hopefully DICE dont mess it up by over simplifying the game mechanics for the console audience.

64 MP, Jets and Dedicated servers are nice, and from the screenshots it appears Battlefield 3 is going to be some Nice eye candy too.

Will have to save more money for a good DX11 GPU soon.

Hoping that there will be at least some possibilities to Mod on Frostbite the official word is its too complicated, but hopefully they wont totally neglect the modding community.

:) :eek: cool!

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

k2ciMfYcYzs&

:eek: cool! :)

To be honest, it doesn't matter.

EA are the ones controlling that part, Plus, IIRC the rest of us get it a few weeks after release anyway. So long as DICE brings good gameplay; it doesn't matter about EA and its marketing tricks behind the scenes here. Just don't fall for them, and wait for it to get released for the rest of us as an update. :)

That video is all SP and very much scripted, According to DICE it's like Half life 1

where the scenes are playing out but you are free to walk around while they are.

Here are some stills from the video

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1392228-battlefield-3-gameplay-trailer-screenshots.html

Animated Gifs of scenes from the video.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1392260-battlefield-3-gameplay-trailer.html#post19091607

Funny post about how much space guns take on the screen in games.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1392228-battlefield-3-gameplay-trailer-screenshots-2.html#post19091048

Edited by jblackrupert

Them got guns with parts that have Magpul logo printed on it, that should be enought to make airsofters very happy:D

Everything looks so...white and washed out, I understand the whole gritty thing but when you look at pictures of anything, even warzones they aren't 50% color 50% grey.

I sure hope that changes later, then again they may be trying to copy a hollywood movie because that is the first thing I think of when I see it.

Though I can't help but think..campaign in battlefield 3? Why bother? Then again this could be due to battlefield 2's single player being only a quirky training scenerio before diving you into multiplayer.

I guess they want to reach to more audience but having a full fledged battlefield game without multiplayer is like having an OFP based game without a mission editor.

Wait did someone say they were removing classes.

Edited by NodUnit

BF3 was promising until they mentioned no modding tools. So there goes a PR2 and we will be stuck with a BF3 which will probably suck as bad as BF2 did.

Though I can't help but think..campaign in battlefield 3? Why bother?

Videos. Lots and lots of neat and tidy, tightly scripted, motion capped videos

getting pumped out on youtube and Gametrailers by the fans.

There are plenty of people who will believe that scripted and motion capped stuff is in the MP side of the game and buy it.

The EA President has said that SP is pretty much dead.

SP is just for making commercials.

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

BF3 was promising until they mentioned no modding tools. So there goes a PR2 and we will be stuck with a BF3 which will probably suck as bad as BF2 did.

It's Battlefield. Not a realistic simulator like Arma.

Never promoted as being realistic.

Unlike COD and it's popularity among the run'n'gun crowd

Battlefield 1942, 2, BFV, BF2142 appealed to the teamwork crowd.

BF2 hardly sucks. The idiots who screw around bunnyhopping, using macros and cheats suck. but the game itself when played correctly sure as hell does not.

but yes, no mod tools does suck.

Edited by jblackrupert

Everything looks so...white and washed out, I understand the whole gritty thing but when you look at pictures of anything, even warzones they aren't 50% color 50% grey.

I sure hope that changes later, then again they may be trying to copy a hollywood movie because that is the first thing I think of when I see it.

Though I can't help but think..campaign in battlefield 3? Why bother? Then again this could be due to battlefield 2's single player being only a quirky training scenerio before diving you into multiplayer.

I guess they want to reach to more audience but having a full fledged battlefield game without multiplayer is like having an OFP based game without a mission editor.

Wait did someone say they were removing classes.

I think it's just to reach a larger audience. And thats it. I actuallyed like the old style SP. Much like Red Orchestra's "Practice" mode. It's good for letting the new players ease into the game. Plus, you don't get cheesy cutscenes. Maybe it truly is just to show off the game for videos and have something to show off at conferences. So I think we will be seeing some nice scripted scenes @ GDC (March 1st) too...

No? There are 4 classes.

Where did they say No mod tools, As far as I know. They've only said no mod tools for release, but they wont confirm nor deny tools post-release. Just keep referencing to older BF's where they did the same. (release the tools post-release)

I imagine EA is going to go cuckoo with tons of DLC.

If BF3 is a major hit, then the chance of mod tools........ a big fat 0

No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?

http://www.gamersmint.com/battlefield-3-gameinformer-scans-are-here-info-blowout/

It's Battlefield. Not a realistic simulator like Arma.

Never promoted as being realistic.

No one said it was a simulator. But the one thing PR mod has over Arma is that there is actually a pvp MP experience. That's why I enjoy playing it when I'm not forcing myself to enjoy Arma1/2/OA.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

â—¦PC version is lead version

Music, sweet music.

â—¦Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.

â—¦AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets

Mmm, I think Im excited for this one.

No? There are 4 classes.

Then yes, in battlefield 2 we had:

1. Specops,

2. Support

3. Medic

4. Engineer

5. Assault

6. Sniper

7. Anti tank

But seriously that cursed color filter needs to go, look at the difference between the soldier uniforms and the cars, now imagine that at distance. After hearing the developers saying they want to focus even more on realism I rather got excited but seeing the coffee filter I can't begin to convince my eyes that "Hey this looks realistic" because even on the dullest of days never are the colors of life that desaturated.

Then again chances of purchasing this game flew out the window the moment I heard mod tools are out, that means no project reality, no sandbox, no Forgotten Hope, no Operation Peacekeeper or indeed many other mods that made for fun experiences.. Shame as I was looking forward to playing it then looking at stat websites to be bewildered by having most roadkills in helicopters..seriously I'm not joking.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/bwuh.jpg?t=1298551087

But really why no tools, I know they can be difficult to make but in the end they have more benefits to be made, like a cycle. Consumer purchases game-Consumer uses mod tools to tailor the game-In the process of modding the game is spread around and people who before had no interest in the game become intrigued-intrigued people purchase game after seeing mod and enjoy it, company makes more money, everybody wins.

Edited by NodUnit

About Mod tools:

Everyones taking a "There wont be mod tools at release and the engine is complex" as them going "There's no mod tools." In that article he stated that "Instead of Shipping a SDK, the studio is exploring other options"

I say, Stop speculating over snips of info that are not very clear, and are vauge. And wait for solid info to come from DICE or EA. Rather than a vauge, losley quoted quote from some magazine 3/4 of a year before release. :j:

Suppose so, I really did enjoy my time in battlefield 2 or so my 830 hours played states on my profile, so I'm really hoping battlefield 3 will turn out good but still that filter, augh, but hey it's so early maybe it's intended for that particular level or something right.

Also people are mostly basing, including myself, harsh opinion towards the game and devs for lack of tools mainly due to the bad company games which had no tools either and the fact that the same engine is used, call it a fear of repetition if you will.

Edited by NodUnit

Suppose so, I really did enjoy my time in battlefield 2 or so my 830 hours played states on my profile, so I'm really hoping battlefield 3 will turn out good but still that filter, augh, but hey it's so early maybe it's intended for that particular level or something right.

Also people are mostly basing, including myself, harsh opinion towards the game and devs for lack of tools mainly due to the bad company games which had no tools either and the fact that the same engine is used, call it a fear of repetition if you will.

The bad company games didn't use the same engine as BF3 is. :rolleyes:

The bad company games didn't use the same engine as BF3 is. :rolleyes:

It is almost the same. Frosbite 2 is based on Frostbite 1.5 and so on.

Anyhow, i most likely gonna get it for a bit of fun with friends. :)

It might actually turn ok (i really hate the COD and MOH UI screaming at you type of UI)

It is almost the same. Frosbite 2 is based on Frostbite 1.5 and so on.

Anyhow, i most likely gonna get it for a bit of fun with friends. :)

It might actually turn ok (i really hate the COD and MOH UI screaming at you type of UI)

IIRC FB1.5, is an updated version of FB1.0. Whereas FB2.0 is a new version, built from scratch. And is pre-FB1.5

BF2 was fun, but had a few major issues. Hopefully, This doesn't fall into the same traps. :)