Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

I have played both obliven and morrowind for too many hours.

Morrowind is IMO best

Heres why

The game loads and i first hear the music, dum dum, dum dum, and the screen fades to a view of the inside of a ship with creaking wood and the sea. "This is Epic!" The best start to a game i have ever experianced.

Man why don't they introduce you into a game like that anymore! Only one that comes close; Starting out listening to the radio, worrying if your going into war even though your still a trainee.

I played both, Morrowind and Oblivion, and while Oblivion had some annoying 'improvements' (like the auto-levelling bandits and monsters, the weak ending of the main story,...) I found it a smoother (as in: often less annoying and tiring) gaming experience that was still very satisfying. Morrowind had the more interesting and darker setting while Oblivion was more easy going and provided better story telling. Both were very good games and Bethesda has a long history of providing good rpg games, so I'm sure they'll deliver again.

Oblivion was great and stole a whole month of my life, but the auto levelling was meh.

Also, when you closed the 1st hellgate numerous other gates popped up everywhere, changing the whole landscape.

In my case i didnt like that at all and had to start over. Left that start gate alone until i had no other quests to do.

)rStrangelove;1812943']Oblivion was great and stole a whole month of my life' date=' but the auto levelling was meh.

Also, when you closed the 1st hellgate numerous other gates popped up everywhere, changing the whole landscape.

In my case i didnt like that at all and had to start over. Left that start gate alone until i had no other quests to do.[/quote']

There are plenty of mods to correct this kind of things

If i had to be locked in a room 4 all eternaty, with ethier vannila Morrwind or obliven with any mod i choose, id still pick morrowind, every single time. Some how the want to explore was ripped away in obliven (it had its times) it was all samey.

Look at morrwind. sure the map was unrealistic, in a way where half an hours walk from swampland you could end up in a desert, 20 mins later in amoungst mountains (well tiny funny looking hills) and every area was ivested with houses, tombs etc etc and all of them diffierent and interesting.

You could "discover" new settelments, there were loads in morrowind, in obliven there were ~10 where all you had to do is click a button and you were there.

Edited by SteveJA360

I would love to be able to play it coop with a friend. I dont care if my friend is the main character and all I can do is help him/her. But that wont happen..

Don't think co-op will hapen? Don't think they can get around this 'hype' but at the same time I hope they'd only put it in if it really fits the story

Well since it was confirmed to not being using gamebyro it looks like i have lost another 100+ hours of my life.

hopefully this new inhouse engine at least has DX11 support for the PC version that would be amazing

My wishlist for the game

Supreme Character customization unlike Oblivion and fallout 3

Implementation of euphoria by natural motion

DX11 support

More than 4 voice actors

A better main quest no more of these aweful Oblivion gate scenarios that really made me hate the games quest

Total stealth missions

Gaurds that dont automatically know where you are at when you steal something or punch somebody.

Kick ass combat mechanics, I want to be able to chop someones head off if I swing with enough force, also I want to impale people that are on the ground, in Oblivion all you ever did was RT RT RT RT until said enemy was dead very lame.

A world that isnt void of life, I want to see random people and travels all over the place.

Not so sure about Skyrim as setting but its a new TES game so... yay!

Btw, not 100% sure about it being availeable in english yet ( for those who speak german, definatly try it, its completely professional voiced ) but i definatly recommend everyone that has Oblivion to try out the "Nehrim:At fates edge" total conversion.

Or in short, its mainly all that Oblivion saddly wasnt.

Im at 80+ hours atm and still far from the final mission of the MQ...

Better than any RPG i played lately and all that comes for free.

http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for that post!

Have checked out Nehrim and WOW its fantastic!!!

Any1 who loves RPG's like the Gothic series should check that out, its really amazing!

Cheers

Crusader

hmmm. i suddenly got the urge to fire up oblivion again on the console.

I agree that when it comes to experience morrowind was slightly better, but the graphics was simply awsome when i first got oblivion, i cant seem to pick a clear favourite, when i remember back i felt like morrowind was a bigger more diverse landscape where oblivion was one single big forest landscape, ofc with hills and graslands.

Will deffinetly look out for more bethesda stuff.

The trailer looks good. I hope I won't plunge into this :D

Thanks for the Nehrim link Shadow NX, I hope it will improve Oblivion's major flaw: the main quest.

Edited by Lonestar

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for that post!

Have checked out Nehrim and WOW its fantastic!!!

Any1 who loves RPG's like the Gothic series should check that out, its really amazing!

Cheers

Crusader

Just watched the trailer... It does look nice, indeed! Now I only have to find my Oblivion DVD...:rolleyes:

The trailer looks good. I hope I won't plunge into this :D

Thanks for the Nehrim link Shadow NX, I hope it will improve Oblivion's major flaw: the main quest.

zomg dragons! doesn't give me much hope in that regard.

If its anything like Oblivion or Morrowind, I'll play it. I loved both despite the drawbacks and differences of either.

I actually liked the Witcher much more than Oblivion. But for me the first two Gothic RPGs are stil the best in regards to story and feeling of a living world.

Hi there,

not to derail the thread too much from TESV, my final post on this matter, promise ;)

Just try Nehrim, it has really gorgeous landscapes!

Just watch this:

1PYs9CWCmTg

Indeed the trailer sounds a bit soso, but I had a strong feeling of Gothic I while playing thus far, with a bit of Morrowind and Oblivion thrown in the mix.

Fantastic combination for me.

Just my 0.02€

Crusader

zomg dragons! doesn't give me much hope in that regard.

I was referring to Nehrim, not Skyrim.

Regarding dragons, seeing them in the trailer doesn't mean we will have to fight them all the time, does it? :)

I'm looking forward to hearing more details from Bethesda.

Can't wait for the new Elder Scrolls,hope it will have huge cities with lots of npcs and interesting secondary quests(dark bortherhood comes to my mind).

I also hope it won't be too derpified for console crowd and transformed into a simple hack&slash like most rpgs tend to do these days.

I also hope it won't be too derpified for console crowd and transformed into a simple hack&slash like most rpgs tend to do these days.

This is why im starting to hate consoles, sure ther're fun but with all console-PC releases you always end up thinking "this coulda been soooo much better"

This is why im starting to hate consoles, sure ther're fun but with all console-PC releases you always end up thinking "this coulda been soooo much better"

Actually I don't think consoles are at fault here,it's the big publishers who want to satisfy the lowest common denominator.Every braindead who goes "oooo this has swords" type.

Morrowind was made for PC and X-box and it still was a friggin' great rpg.

Regarding dragons, seeing them in the trailer doesn't mean we will have to fight them all the time, does it? :)

I'm looking forward to hearing more details from Bethesda.

We didn't fight Mehrunes Dagon even once.

lol yeah more than 4 voice actors!

the ring of fast travel mod was great (to take off fast-travel)

this is why i love oblivion/morrowind:

UyHiIeBsc9E

here's a few movies I did many years ago

oY7Vz76kRN0

animal golf - the shepherd was so mad

V0oE_oHAH9c

multiple enemies mod was cool

bC4JKdtEShs

oh and going beyond the lava was um...

IV0NUo01zmM

getting a glass hat the easy way

GnILlh3yOiw

wasted on skooma (I took Glarthir out for a consolatory pint or two) - it ended in tears and no kebab

OqVEytZz_qs

etc etc

never play on a console - you just can't get it modded!

i think i saw oblivion as an aracadey fun kind of thing to mess with compared to the exploration of the unknown in morrowind. shame bloodmoon was so sparse...

Edited by eggbeast

Yes, ES II & ES IV were top notch games. Hope RS V breaks the mold of dumbing down...oops, sorry appealing to a wider audience.

Looking forward to it greatly.

ooh im loving Nehrim right now

thanks for the heads up

Addictive isnt it? :D

Can only recommend it to anyone as its defintaly a full game for free and as i hear a bigger addon is comming soon also for free offcourse.