Sign in to follow this  
stupidwhitekid75

Russia, return or someone new?

Russia, return or someone new?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Russia, return or someone new?

• I'd like to see Russia return.
    • I'd like to see another modernized army become the new OPFOR
    • I'd like to see some type of guerrilla force become the new OPFOR.
    • I'm happy with what we have now.

How bout creating an endless waves of mindless PLA grunts,tanks,plane coming towards you and your fireteam of ONLY 4 or 5, with endless ammunition cache just right beside you so you could kill them all and call it REALISTIC fun....? hmmm..

Summthinn called The Bridge on the River Kwai Red?:D

Looking at past BIS games which the opfor is a fictional country except for Russia, maybe the next opfor would be based off north korea, china and vietnam like sahrani, chernarus and takistan set in tropical jungles (army) and islands (marines). Or maybe a south american or african would be good too.

How about the Takistan Army and Takistani Militia? :)
How about from an actual country and not something someone pulled out of their ass so they didn't have to do the homework? :) Edited by Big Mac

North Korea is definately the best choice for the next opfor!

yp6cB7BGj48

A war between two low tech countries would be interesting. Asymmetric warfare (or whatever you call a blatantly unfair fight) never really turned me on.

I'd love to see a late 70's/early 80's cold war gone hot game in the style of Operation Flashpoint, the great part of that conflict is that:

A) It has a great level of jeopardy (if it fails the world nukes itself in half)

B) Fairly balanced sides in a fairly balanced conventional conflict

C) People aren't so gear-obsessed up the arse that they don't know the individual foibles of every weapon, sighting and vehicle system you make, leaving room for more creative license

D) The origin story of the Dentist

Now that would be great.

But I'd rather move it a bit to the 60s/70s so it doesn't interfere with P85 and/or CWR too much.

Or even better:

One of the lesser known proxy wars of that time:

Republic of the Congo for example:

First, united rebels of different political wings fight the colonial power and then tear themselves apart with more or less open aid from the Cold War powers...

And then the mercs of European industrial companies join the fray as well, to enforce the interests of their employers - or try to set up a rule of their own in the progress.

Or the same in Angola/Guinea-Bissau...

Or the American plot against Salvador Allende in Chile could make for a nice story too.

Or the Ogaden War.

However, since the memories/problems caused by these events are very often still in people's heads, it would probably be the best to move said events to fictional countries where similar stuff happens (just as BIS did with Takistan).

Cheers,

D.

The Chechyan-Russian war would be so awesome right now. Do you have any idea how cruel they are to each other in war?! (shivers......)

Russia as BLUFOR! They arent the bad guys anymore! ;_;

Maybe Russia vs China? war for some real island, with fictive name, with oil on it, and with USMC coming to help? :D

*cough*

Obvious reference to other... Well... game..?

Anyways. I'd like to see BIS focus on Russia on possibly next DLC. Russian campaign would be sweet. And some other modernized Army to fight with em'

Actually, The idea of placing Russia as BLUFOR, and making say, Chechenia, the OPFOR faction, Is a very nice idea.

That would be awsome infact. I've not seen a game do such a thing, ever.

Actually, The idea of placing Russia as BLUFOR, and making say, Chechenia, the OPFOR faction, Is a very nice idea.

That would be awsome infact. I've not seen a game do such a thing, ever.

We don't need more unbalanced warfare. They can make a country up if they want to put on Opfor that has a mix of Higher-tech Russian and American equipment. That'd be BAD ASS!

I'm really tired of US army. I mean, it's cool, but now it's time to have a rest from that "Do you copy?" stuff.

Voted for Russia, but I wish that BIS released Russian campaign just like "Red Hammer" for OFP was. Maybe to continue that middle-east story where different parts of the country are controlled by different forces (NATO, Russia) and every side is trying to achieve it's own goals.

Also, as I said in another thread, would be great to have a large scale wasted land (like Proving Grounds) for some WW3 scenarios.

What about something in the lines of the movie "The Sum of All Fears"? With some very nice puppetring done by Europeans nationalists putting the US and Russia against each other?

That movie, imo explored very good ideas.

What about something in the lines of the movie "The Sum of All Fears"? With some very nice puppetring done by Europeans nationalists putting the US and Russia against each other?

That movie, imo explored very good ideas.

It's a pity Hollywood was too scared of offending Muslims to stick to the original story.

An new north east Asia conflict would be good.

Something involving the forces of

- Jippan

- Chena

- Tyewon

- Rushher

- North and South Correa

It's a pity Hollywood was too scared of offending Muslims to stick to the original story.

True. But you got the idea right? I think it would fit perfectly for ArmA

I voted Russia,as long as they give me an Gaz Tigr,a new campaign and a new Eastern Europe style map I'm happy(maybe extend Chernarus).

I wouldnt call the Russians-chechyan war unbalanced. How long has that war been going on? Russia couldn't even take over Afghanistan and they aren't able to take Chechnya. But I should cut some slack for them on afghan. Mountainous warfare is challenging.

I do hope the next DLC or expansion could be PLA, PLA is the largest army in the world and also a modernized army, but was missed in all offical release from OFP to PMC DLC.