Sign in to follow this  
stupidwhitekid75

Russia, return or someone new?

Russia, return or someone new?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Russia, return or someone new?

• I'd like to see Russia return.
    • I'd like to see another modernized army become the new OPFOR
    • I'd like to see some type of guerrilla force become the new OPFOR.
    • I'm happy with what we have now.

Agreed.

There is such a wealth in variety and technology from the Cold War, and its a shame that, for the most part, it goes forgotten about.

Maybe BIS will release another DLC named COLD WAR after releasing PMC DLC. lol.

I don't mind Russia being the OPFOR. If BIS were to assign allegiances of the nations based on todays politics, pretty much everyone would be either BLUFOR or Independent. Plus, I believe that with the current editor and scripting possibilities you we can easily change the army allegiance already so no point assigning Russians to the BLUFOR just to be politically correct.

What I miss is a well designed campaign for the Russians. It should be more plausible to add some small conflicts along the borders of the hot zones in Armaversum, be it with Americans or Guerrillas, than some Chinese/Korean large-scale wars.

Russia has being asked by NATO to go back in to faganstan to support the troops in the war. and i think there going to go. so this would be a good realistic way to go.

I'd like to see Australia as BLUfor n New Zealand as OPfor

Or

Commonwealth Nations (Eng, Aus, South Africa) vs ex Commonwealth nation Zimbabwe as it's very very realistic!!

Or Aus + US vs Burma during a "independence" war.

Or Aus headed campaign inside West Papua after West Papua takes the UN independence vote like East Timor did to re-unite with Papua New Guinea with Indonesia as OPfor or Indonesian Militia as OPfor like way actually happened in East Timor that way we get a semi-tropical environment ;)

Haha people, but you know, we have to think about "teh internets"

I mean.... Multiplayer...

How would Warfare look, having RF, US, NATO on one side, and 3rd-world bunch of amateurs on the other?

We need to place something big on the other side, something we will respect.

BI has no models? Fine, so what? :P

We are the customers, we pay, so we demand.

[edit]

Iran? Haha give me a break.

Invasion of Iran would take approx. a week...

Anyway, why do we always have USA in this game?...:P

I'd like to see Australia as BLUfor n New Zealand as OPfor

Well i guess you would after losing the league :D

I'm afraid you're not really informed...

Actually I am. People were thinking the same of Iraq, well...

Did you know that Saudi Arabia bought military equipment and technology from USA for 60 billion dollars? F15s, AH64s, intelligent bombs...

They and Israel alone would invade Iran leaving only the dust. But since they hate each other...

United States is much more powerful.

But since I am not informed, I am eager to listen to what you think/know :)

Edited by Vultar

How could Russia return when it's already in Arma 2?

Good question. I think they are talking about OA, and not CO.

Cheers.

Actually I am. People were thinking the same of Iraq, well...

Did you know that Saudi Arabia bought military equipment and technology from USA for 60 billion dollars? F15s, AH64s, intelligent bombs...

They and Israel alone would invade Iran leaving only the dust. But since they hate each other...

United States is much more powerful.

But since I am not informed, I am eager to listen to what you think/know :)

Ok, so let's say you're as well informed as Fox news journalists. OTAN isn't (sadly) even able to win the war in Astan, so imagine what it would be in Iran.

Ok, so let's say you're as well informed as Fox news journalists. OTAN isn't (sadly) even able to win the war in Astan, so imagine what it would be in Iran.

Well, it is not true. NATO doesn't really want to win in Afghanistan, it's good place to test new technologies, isnt it?

Every late Obama's action seems to prove the above sentence.

To be honest, who cares about Afghanistan, nobody would bleed for it.

And Iran? It's just different, in Iran we would fight against Army and not guerilla.

But I guess what we both say are just opinions.

Back to topic

pirates vs ninjas!

+1 but with teh lazor

I think some country like korea or china or japs would make an intresting foe in a game.

I think it's time for BIS to travel down the history lane.

Korea maybe?

WW2 N.Africa?

Swedish assault on Russians outside Narva? :)

Vikings killing Europe?

Your choice.

The Korean Peninsula would be interesting because it could turn into something huge. South Korea as the new BLUFOR backed by US troops, maybe a more advanced/capable North Korea (hopefully using something OTHER than AK's, sooo tired of them) as the OPFOR with Russia and China moved to Independent. That's more in the scope of an expansion pack I guess though.

yes i see where you going with it. Vets from WW2 fought in that war too. and China was pushing troops over the boarder and Russia pilots where flying ther planes. very exciting. and french british US and other UN armys fought in the war too.

yes i see where you going with it. Vets from WW2 fought in that war too. and China was pushing troops over the boarder and Russia pilots where flying ther planes. very exciting. and french british US and other UN armys fought in the war too.

Was thinking a modern version though, not something based off of the actual war. It could be alternate reality somewhat, North Korea is more powerful than it is now and is using something other than licensed Chinese copies of the AK. South Korea just finished there OICW program and has begun distributing their new weapons to two people per each squad, would be neat to see implemented as well.

Mexico.

Some kind of US invasion would be sweet, I can only imagine how bad FPS would be in cities and things like that though.

Why do we always need nation vs nation (Nato vs Non-Nato). If the story is good, you could have any type of scenarios, such as BLUFOR vs BLUFOR or OPFOR vs OPFOR.

Example will be something like the movie "the rock" where a US general went rogue.