Sign in to follow this  
stupidwhitekid75

Russia, return or someone new?

Russia, return or someone new?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Russia, return or someone new?

• I'd like to see Russia return.
    • I'd like to see another modernized army become the new OPFOR
    • I'd like to see some type of guerrilla force become the new OPFOR.
    • I'm happy with what we have now.

Why do we always need nation vs nation (Nato vs Non-Nato). If the story is good, you could have any type of scenarios, such as BLUFOR vs BLUFOR or OPFOR vs OPFOR.

Example will be something like the movie "the rock" where a US general went rogue.

Like, say... Cold War Crisis? :p

Well YEA... an american Guba... what can go wrong with that? Let the Blufor be the bad folks for once....

Well YEA... an american Guba... what can go wrong with that? Let the Blufor be the bad folks for once....

Nothing wrong, i like the idea :)

such DLC will kill sould of OFP - modding, addonmaking

we have a lot of free stuff Russian addons, even Project 85, RHS, great Russian addonmakers making addons , Sarmat etc.

Why do we always need nation vs nation (Nato vs Non-Nato). If the story is good, you could have any type of scenarios, such as BLUFOR vs BLUFOR or OPFOR vs OPFOR.

Example will be something like the movie "the rock" where a US general went rogue.

Thats what PMC are for. :p

Well, it is not true. NATO doesn't really want to win in Afghanistan, it's good place to test new technologies, isnt it?

Every late Obama's action seems to prove the above sentence.

To be honest, who cares about Afghanistan, nobody would bleed for it.

And Iran? It's just different, in Iran we would fight against Army and not guerilla.

But I guess what we both say are just opinions.

Well to get into the debate, in Afghanistan the US and its allies theoretically won, they routed the Taliban out of power within a few months, what now going on there is the same thing went on since humans live in that country; that area didn't see endured peace for hundreds of years, only that time the media wasn't around to make reports about it. I wouldn't say NATO wants to "win" but to stabilize the local government enough so they can handle the insurgents on their own.

With Iran: if the US would ever start an invasion, I think it would be very much like the invasion of Iraq: they would win the conventional war within weeks, because theoretically Iran and Iraq was approximately at the same level in general, they fought an almost static war for over 8 years. And remember that in the 2003 invasion, besides the US had smaller support from allied states, the size of the force participating in the invasion was much smaller (148,000) than which they had in Desert Storm (almost 1,000,000).

But guerilla-style warfare would be much more intensive in Iran, and probably would be unwinnable, only containable to a certain level, like in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To stay on topic, I don't know why many of you think that Russians are friendly to the "western world", maybe it was partially true in the 1990s, but with the recent boost in the Russian economy, the reincarnated "arms-race" and the foreign politics of Putin/Medvedev, the connection between the Russians and US seem to get "cold" again. Just read some Russian forums, you'll see how much hatred is boiling in them, and it's seemingly true vice versa.

The Russians should return, but I'd love to see more NATO members other than the United States of America.

There are loads to choose from, like Germany (not just the KSK), France, Greece, Turkey or perhaps even joint-efforts like the German-Dutch I. corps.

More Czech Armed Forces would be nice too, a homage to the Bohemian part. ;)

I always liked the creative way BIS created their political situations. And to be honest, I'd love to see more political issues to play with.

Having the Russian Federation cooperate with the NATO would be very interesting. There are many possible opposing forces like the People's Republic of China or the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, those are perhaps a little overdone though. :D

To stay on topic, I don't know why many of you think that Russians are friendly to the "western world", maybe it was partially true in the 1990s, but with the recent boost in the Russian economy, the reincarnated "arms-race" and the foreign politics of Putin/Medvedev, the connection between the Russians and US seem to get "cold" again. Just read some Russian forums, you'll see how much hatred is boiling in them, and it's seemingly true vice versa.
The NATO isn't just the United States of America.

Bilateral relations between the Russian Federation and the European Union are vastly improving. Agreements have been made for gas deals and electricity.

The huge economical growth of Russia is greatly due to the investments and huge import by EU member states. We (EU nations) are also the biggest consumers of Russian gas.

Another big step which will possibly happen next years is a visa-free travel zone between the EU and the Kaliningrad Oblast.

If Russia joins the WTO and OECD, they will hold veto rights over various economical decisions giving them the legal right to block various US proposals.

Obviously the United States of America has bad feelings about this. But the European Union would love to see more Russian influence as it means economical growth here aswell.

With Ukraine (especially after the Orange revolution) discussing with the EU for a possible membership in the future, Russia feels the threat of "the West" closing in towards their borders.

I guess all we can do is speculate, but I think that Russia sees that the EU is not the USA. And if you can't "beat" them, you join or at least cooperate with them.

The only problem which is "plaguing" Russia right now is ultranationalism. They are creating their own diplomatic problems.

Former Eastblock countries fear just that, which they should. Perhaps we should aswell, but most of us don't even seem to be bothered by the antidemocratic sovereignty the EU has over us. :(

Edited by SgtH3nry3

Thats what PMC are for. :p

Well that is true... let see how PMC's story fares....

Well that is true... let see how PMC's story fares....

I can't wait to see how it plays out. TBH I think that the ending of the PMC campaign and the hint of nuclear weapons and stuff is going to open up the story into something huge.

I can't wait to see how it plays out. TBH I think that the ending of the PMC campaign and the hint of nuclear weapons and stuff is going to open up the story into something huge.

This is pure speculation. I ain't gonna hold my breath over it.

kind regards

should be USA VRS Canada!!!!! :D

Some of my ideas:

*a scenario similar to the Falkland war but leaning heavily towards amphibious operations. (puts those snorkels to use on those tanks.)

*fighting the growing terrorist threat in Somalia. involving mostly special operations and some ship raids out at sea.

*Israel fighting Iran with support from NATO. Iran would also receive support from Russia.

*another conflict erupting between Georgia and Russia.

should be USA VRS Canada!!!!! :D

Some of my ideas:

*a scenario similar to the Falkland war but leaning heavily towards amphibious operations. (puts those snorkels to use on those tanks.)

*fighting the growing terrorist threat in Somalia. involving mostly special operations and some ship raids out at sea.

*Israel fighting Iran with support from NATO. Iran would also receive support from Russia.

*another conflict erupting between Georgia and Russia.

Something else like the Falklands War would be awesome. I would kill to see something like that. I don't care if it even went with the storyline right now, they could break away for just one DLC and focus on an enemy force taking over a British Territory and have a FULL British Army/Royal Marines unit launching amphibious operations to take it back.

Hell it could tie in to the storyline, just make the new OPFOR (not Russia) come to light by starting to claim land aggressively. It's first target would be a British island, and RM could go take it back. It could fit in by saying that the country is limited in size, somewhat wealthy and very well equipped. They are quickly facing extreme overcrowding and rapid resource depletion, and failing to strike any deals with other countries they are left with no choice but to aggressively seize land. The closest area would be said British island, and shortly after attacking and crushing any resistance they quickly garrison it, awaiting a British retaliation. Large ships could be added in as static (or maybe even drivable vehicles) and be used to attack strongholds on the shoreline, etc.

Something else like the Falklands War would be awesome. I would kill to see something like that. I don't care if it even went with the storyline right now, they could break away for just one DLC and focus on an enemy force taking over a British Territory and have a FULL British Army/Royal Marines unit launching amphibious operations to take it back.

Hell it could tie in to the storyline, just make the new OPFOR (not Russia) come to light by starting to claim land aggressively. It's first target would be a British island, and RM could go take it back. It could fit in by saying that the country is limited in size, somewhat wealthy and very well equipped. They are quickly facing extreme overcrowding and rapid resource depletion, and failing to strike any deals with other countries they are left with no choice but to aggressively seize land. The closest area would be said British island, and shortly after attacking and crushing any resistance they quickly garrison it, awaiting a British retaliation. Large ships could be added in as static (or maybe even drivable vehicles) and be used to attack strongholds on the shoreline, etc.

I agree, That would be one heck of an interesting campaign. I'm American BTW and i would kill for BIS to come out with something like that.

I agree, That would be one heck of an interesting campaign. I'm American BTW and i would kill for BIS to come out with something like that.

Yeah same. I don't know if it's weird I just really like playing as a Brit and Czech soldiers instead of a US one (most of the time).

I'd love to see a late 70's/early 80's cold war gone hot game in the style of Operation Flashpoint, the great part of that conflict is that:

A) It has a great level of jeopardy (if it fails the world nukes itself in half)

B) Fairly balanced sides in a fairly balanced conventional conflict

C) People aren't so gear-obsessed up the arse that they don't know the individual foibles of every weapon, sighting and vehicle system you make, leaving room for more creative license

D) The origin story of the Dentist

I'd love to see a late 70's/early 80's cold war gone hot game in the style of Operation Flashpoint, the great part of that conflict is that:

A) It has a great level of jeopardy (if it fails the world nukes itself in half)

B) Fairly balanced sides in a fairly balanced conventional conflict

C) People aren't so gear-obsessed up the arse that they don't know the individual foibles of every weapon, sighting and vehicle system you make, leaving room for more creative license

D) The origin story of the Dentist

I'd vote for you.

-k

I'd vote for you.

-k

x2

If there werent CWR i would pay, lets say 30$, for a big addon that has OFP:CWC + Resitance remade with stuff in current BIS quality :)

Or join ARMAVersum in World in Conflict storyline.... that would be cool. =D

x2

If there werent CWR i would pay, lets say 30$, for a big addon that has OFP:CWC + Resitance remade with stuff in current BIS quality :)

Considering the work involved, I'd be willing to pay more. Thank god for the CWR team :D

Maybe China or North Korea in a tropical landscape scenario, similar to the Falklands in the early 80's but a tropical island and in the present day could be interesting

But I do enjoy the Middle East landscapes :)

Edited by jdbecks

Yeah I like the middle eastern landscapes as well. They could combine it in a way..make a really barren European environment. I liked Utes a lot because it had a little bit of everything there and was really usable. Tropical island would be a change, not exactly for it but it would be a change.