Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Which map was that "forest" (or not sandy) one? Cherno?

Ehm... You are aware that there are multiple international voices in the trailer, aren't you?

That "Get off, get off" sounded more like an asian voice - fitting to asian faces in the trailer.

The problem isn't in how many different voices there are, just that most of them don't sound natural. This goes especially for the main voiceactor (Cooper, Graves etc.), where the way he's talking doesn't really fit what he's saying, which could also be a problem with the writing.

Plus, no one is really "hating" on the voiceactors or BIS, it's just constructive criticism as someone said. They're a business, they can deal with it. If you look at it as "good enough" and don't have any complaints about it, then there's no going forward.

And however you look at it Zipper5, voice acting is much better in a lot of other videogames. The only 2 game/series I recall thinking "This voiceacting is :eek:" is ArmA and Men of War.

The only 2 game/series I recall thinking "This voiceacting is :eek:" is ArmA and Men of War.

I just love both games. :p

I don´t mind the cheesy voice acting in the campaign, but I would like if they could improve the "atmospheric chatter" while in combat\patrol. Now they are just robotic, but efficient.

Yay! A non-grained-to-Hell version of that first PMC picture. Think I just found my new desktop. :D

I like the new vegetation too. I'm interested to see what exactly the purpose of this wasteland-esque map will be.

anyway i hope everyone here is hapilly testing beta 76067 :) (i need reports !)

specf.jpg

From a post a few pages back :)

BTW like the vegetation on the map picture, more Australian outback feel to it.

The new trailer looks awful. Absolutely no hope about this DLC being any good (not that there are good DLCs)

BIS is trying waaaaaay too hard to ape CoD MW and fails again and again.

The new trailer looks awful. Absolutely no hope about this DLC being any good (not that there are good DLCs)

i assume You not played BAF campaign and these 9 SP missions ;)

A certain black op comes to mind (and I don't mean CoD) ;-)

Yes, you're probably right. But G. said this a little bit more as a "declaration" whereas the PMC guy sounds a bit more like he is asking it as a question (different expression).

In other words:

G -> Am I good!

PMC in vid -> Am I good?

:D

This is what my memories give me at least! :p

Just ignore my post, it is such an unimportance...

Well, that just shows you have a universal hatred of DLCs, no matter if they're good or not. Just by being DLC you write them off. Thankfully you are the minority. ;)

So what exactly is awful about this trailer/why are you comparing to CoD: Modern Warfare?

i'm not a fan of the dlc. but i'm not going to that extreme. i think the trailer was actually really well put together. it drew my attention and kept it on the trailer throughout the entire video.

well, that new trailer was rather cool.

Yeah, cool. Speaking of it, where can I download it, and the rest of them for PMC and BAF. On official site there are only for OA and A2 as well as tutorial. Please upload them there so I can complite my collection of trailers. They are really good. I dont like to download them from YouTube.

Edited by 11aTony

If you use YouTube Downloader you can download the source files at their highest possible quality, rather than the compressed FLV files that you're given when you watch it on YouTube.

like the look of the trailers i have seen and will definatly be buying it when its released, its just a shame that all this effort wasn't put into BAF, because As a brit myself and a big fan of our boys out in afghanistan, i felt BAF lacked a hell of a lot of potential. The 4 missions it came with didnt do it any justice and PMC is advertised as having 10, thats almost a whole arma 2 campaign on its own.

Loved the trailer, very gritty and sinister..cant wait

You're just confusing the fact that they try to make an interesting story with them "trying to copy CoD". There's a big difference. I for one am happy that they still haven't forgotten the plot point.

I want Razor team to come back in the next DLC :D

Edited by ryguy

like the look of the trailers i have seen and will definatly be buying it when its released, its just a shame that all this effort wasn't put into BAF, because As a brit myself and a big fan of our boys out in afghanistan, i felt BAF lacked a hell of a lot of potential. The 4 missions it came with didnt do it any justice and PMC is advertised as having 10, thats almost a whole arma 2 campaign on its own.

On the other hand BAF was packed with good content while PMC is packed with crappy stuff..

Hmmm must be school holidays somewhere in the world..........

BIS dont need to ape anyone champ, they are the masters.

BIS, Will the sprocket version of this DLC work with the steam version of the game ?

Because I want to buy the DLC from sprocket not steam.

You're just confusing the fact that they try to make an interesting story with them "trying to copy CoD". There's a big difference. I for one am happy that they still haven't forgotten the plot point.

WELL said! :D

On the other hand BAF was packed with good content while PMC is packed with crappy stuff..

I wouldn't say the contents bad, I'm excited for it regardless. Yeah sure there's XM8's, but hey at least you can fight em and it's something other than AK's or FAL's. Way you have to look at it is, longer campaign, less content......more content, less campaign.

... while You may enjoy the trailer we're still working on the ARMA 2: OA update 1.56

Nice, another full patch would be cool.

I thought the trailer was pretty good myself.