Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

I'm guessing they're not going to be the good guys. Again. Man, this Russian bad guy thing is getting older than... Something.

On a side note, being in the same time zone as the Czech Rep. finally pays off. :yay:

Hopefully either as Independents or BLUFOR. I want someone else as the OPFOR. I can understand why Russian would return though, it's easier on BIS; they just have to do a little tweaking to the units and retexturing of there units (most likely) to fit T-Stan.

People wanted a better OPFOR for OA, particularly for Warfare, why not an upgraded, desert camo'd Russian army? :p

I wouldn't be so certain about them being the enemy, though. All the other countries in that picture are known to be cooperating with each other, or under their control (the "Takistani-controlled" part).

That's kind of what I was basing it off of. They're all controlling a different section of Takistan. NATO is in between US and Russia though......

If Russia's returning, theres only one thing I ask of BIS to do:

0QfvBtfpRao

Edited by OnlyRazor

One day we need to rename the main section to /b it seems... :rolleyes:

Oh take a joke and relax. Stop being so uptight, it's almost out.

:rolleyes:

Shame the Russians stopped/cancelled the T-95 and BMP-4 projects

Edited by RobertHammer

People wanted a better OPFOR for OA, particularly for Warfare, why not an upgraded, desert camo'd Russian army? :p

I wouldn't be so certain about them being the enemy, though. All the other countries in that picture are known to be cooperating with each other, or under their control (the "Takistani-controlled" part).

If Russians are coming back with "upgraded" desert equipment, then I want my US Marines back with upgraded desert equipment as well dammit! :D

And why would they add the same T-90 again?

Desert reskin, of course. :D

And the Mi-28, of course. How could I have forgotten that one?

Shame the Russians stopped/cancelled the T-95 and BMP-4 projects

This is not all. The army doesn't want new T-90's anymore, their production will stop if it isn't already.

There was some cool incoming mortar fire in one of the vids. Hopefully they've reworked the sounds and it wasn't just for the benefit of the video.

I'm guessing they're not going to be the good guys. Again. Man, this Russian bad guy thing is getting older than...

Technically there hasn't been any Russian bad guys since Guba in 2001. Bad guys with russian gear ? plenty ! But even in Arma 2 real Russians were mostly neutral.

They are of course listed as opfor, but that doesn't say anything about being good or evil, just the other side.

Note : you could play "good russians" in red hammer and a few solo missions in Arma 2

i am looking forward to reading every ones thoughts on the new campaign. wonder who will be the first to blaze through it and post; FIRST!

its cool that there are russians in takistan. i wonder what possibilities will arise from all that. i wonder what the terrain is like up in the russian zone, and the US zone (near cherna).

can i go to bed allready, or is release around 00.00? im tired but i could wait 2,5 hours:)

i am looking forward to reading every ones thoughts on the new campaign. wonder who will be the first to blaze through it and post; FIRST!

its cool that there are russians in takistan. i wonder what possibilities will arise from all that. i wonder what the terrain is like up in the russian zone, and the US zone (near cherna).

My guess is we're not going to see a whole lot of additional terrain in PMC. We haven't seen any of Takistan's coastal area, and there is a lot of it. My guess is this map gives a hint of what to expect in future DLC and/or future iterations of the Arma series.

p.s. It's 9:30 pm in Prague - my other guess is the Sprocket version of PMC will go live at midnight in Prague. Regardless, it won't be long before we get to play it. ;)

Technically there hasn't been any Russian bad guys since Guba in 2001. Bad guys with russian gear ? plenty ! But even in Arma 2 real Russians were mostly neutral.

Maybe I should have phrased my comment differently. The Russians are the bad guys in just about all the washed up games around right now (ie. CoD, Bad Company).

Kinda makes me miss Red Alert.

And, if the DLC is being released at 00:00 local time, it's not going to happen for another 2 hours and 8 minutes from this post on. :butbut:

I'm currently hoping tommorow will be a snow closure day so i can play this all day long :D

Kinda makes me miss Red Alert.

We all miss such heady titles.

And, if the DLC is being released at 00:00 local time, it's not going to happen for another 2 hours and 8 minutes from this post on.

I, for one, am going to bed.

The Russians are the bad guys in just about all the washed up games around right now

Do not fear: we never wash.

RiE