Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Some of the voice acting was hilarious. But very nice trailer regardless. I want to see more of the new terrain, it looks very cool from a few scenes in this video.

It looks sort of like Chernobyl....kinda...sorta....not really... :o

Edited by Sky999

Fantastic trailer!!

But (nothing personal against the voice actors!!) slowly but surely I ask myself why BI always have the same voice actors...

That voice of Cooper (Red Harvest) is there since Queen's Gambit already... And, to be honest, I didn't like him at all since the SF mini campaign of Queen's Gambit... I know that he doesn't write the dialogs and therefore has no guilt, but that sentence "Wohooo! The fun just started!!", etc. led me to dislike his voice very much. Just as much as the general growing attitude in BI campaigns, which was criticised by many before: "We're the best, war is cool and fun and we're gonna rock!"*

His voice was much better in Red Harvest, but... Since his voice has such a big recognition value (which is a quality, speaks for the man), BIS should slowly think about changing voice actors, in order to get some diversity in the game's voice acting.

My opinion. :o

* btw, about that attitude I mentioned: It became better with every release since Arma 1. I think it's still not back to the roots yet (David Armstrong and others who had fear and hated war and to kill), but with Arrowhead and BAF the protagonists of the campaigns became more mature. The voice acting respectively the dialog creation is very important under this aspect!

Edited by Undeceived

launch trailer? uh, guys? remember? the release of PMC was delayed :p

haa. i make joke.

the map should be interesting. since its a nuke test area there should be a larger crater/caldera from the underground tests. that is if i am not mixing my north korea and takistan info up :p

I'd have to say thats probably one of the best trailers for a BIS product i've seen! Wasn't really too keen on a PMC theme but this but make it much more interesting.

I have to agree about the voice acting, if you're aiming to make a quality campaign for $10 at least have better than amateur voice acting. The english-accent guy from BAF probably sounded best but that's not saying much.

Anyway everything else looks top notch. :)

I would like to know what exactly people criticise at the voice actings. I made my point here but other than that I think it is pretty good.

Keep this in mind:

Bohemia’s CEO, Marek Spanel, comments: “This new trailer shows our focus on a more story and character-driven narrative for the Arma 2: PMC campaign. Our cast includes characters from various nations, which the voice acting represents; creating a very interesting blend of accents. By watching the trailer players will get a good taste of the intense atmosphere in this latest add-on.â€

He's actually been a voice actor in BIS' games since OFP: Elite. In fact, he's been in many of IDEA's games as well, like Alpha Prime. ;)

I admit, it is a bit weird having many characters in the Armaverse with the same voice.

He's actually been a voice actor in BIS' games since OFP: Elite. In fact, he's been in many of IDEA's games as well, like Alpha Prime. ;)

Lol :D Ok - well at least he attracted my attention in a negative way only in QG. :)

I admit, it is a bit weird having many characters in the Armaverse with the same voice.

He should stop voice acting now - LOL :rotfl:

hopefully the aiming of the M32 out of the Katsatka shows that its possible to now shoot from vehicles.

hopefully the aiming of the M32 out of the Katsatka shows that its possible to now shoot from vehicles.

No - its a basic turret like on BH the minigun ,but on the PMC Kasatka have M32 instead of MG or Minigun

Edited by RobertHammer

Well it's too late for them to change it now...

I just cringe when they are meant to be showing emotion and instead sound a bit like children playing soldiers.

I would like to know what exactly people criticise at the voice actings.

Actually, I find the voice acting okay. Not stellar, but I can't really see why it gets so much criticism.

Actually, I find the voice acting okay. Not stellar, but I can't really see why it gets so much criticism.

same

I think people need to stop hating on our beloved voice acting :)

Every game gets criticized for its voice actors, no matter how good they may actually be. Seems to be just a common thing for people to criticize. One thing I will say is that the quality of the voice acting has come a long way since, I believe, BIS was first put in total control of it with OFP:E. It does get much better with each installment.

Edit: Just noticed a cool effect in the opening sound wave in the trailer (brightened so you can see it clearer):

pmc_trailer_cool_effect.jpg

Edit #2: Anyone recognize the bit of speech heard at the very end of the trailer? ;)

Edited by Zipper5

I´d love confirmation on the M32s being the actual door guns of the ka-60, or wether or not we´ve actually seen shooting from vehicles in action. The latter would obviously be preferred.

As for the voice acting: it´s as good as you will get from an Indie game. And BI will probably continue to improve it. I like it :>

same

I think people need to stop hating on our beloved voice acting :)

It's hardly 'hating'. It's constructive criticism. The hope is that BIS see it and get more realistic voice acting.

2:36 of the trailer not only sounds like really fake emotionbut also a little camp...

The part at 1:08 when the two were in the car...That was the worst. It just sounded like a kid dubbing over a real trailer.

Most of the voice acting isn't TERRIBLE, but they need to hire a different guy, its weird hearing the same voice on different characters in different games.

The part at 1:08 when the two were in the car...That was the worst. It just sounded like a kid dubbing over a real trailer.

Most of the voice acting isn't TERRIBLE, but they need to hire a different guy, its weird hearing the same voice on different characters in different games.

God...you're right. I don't know what they were thinking from 1:04-1:10 :j:

Ehm... You are aware that there are multiple international voices in the trailer, aren't you?

That "Get off, get off" sounded more like an asian voice - fitting to asian faces in the trailer.

Edit: Just noticed a cool effect in the opening sound wave in the trailer (brightened so you can see it clearer):

http://www.zipper5.com/pictures/pmc_trailer_cool_effect.jpg

You had to brighten that? Just readjust your monitor, it was clearly visible here and i dont even have my monitor settings all that bright. (Since i like my nights black, and not greyish) ;)

IMO the voiceacting is fine overal, the only time it really annoyed me was the ''This is sparta!' in EW. That quote could have been so awesome but instead it made me cry. In the trailer they sound like they overact a bit, but their voices do sound like those of average people, and not the ultra-manly or extremely smooth voices you normally hear in movies/games.

Edited by NeMeSiS

Ehm... You are aware that there are multiple international voices in the trailer, aren't you?

That "Get off, get off" sounded more like an asian voice - fitting to asian faces in the trailer.

It sounded more like a 13 year old playing Call of Duty to me.

It sounded more like a 13 year old playing Call of Duty to me.

take the shot!

Edit #2: Anyone recognize the bit of speech heard at the very end of the trailer? ;)

A certain black op comes to mind (and I don't mean CoD) ;-)