Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

what i don't understand is why they choose to go with the XM8.. it never went into production. they should have gone with either the HK416/417 or the Remington/Bushmaster ACR instead. I'm not too keen on the XM8, it is just a G36 with a 70's retro tuxedo.

im not a MW2 fanboy as i have not played that sorry excuse for a tactical FPS. the ACR is a sweet rifle that IS in production, and is far more likely to be used by PMCs than a non-existent re-skined G36.

will i be able to get it from gamer gate? thats where i got BAF

I'm sure you will be able to, perhaps not on day of release but eventually. Why not buy it directly from BIS from their Sprocket Store? Helps them out more! :)

Not to mention the problems I've seen some people have with GamersGate where one second after download the app turns the file into something completely useless and knackers the install.

So now we have to wait some extra days, Oh well I still can't wait :)

I think the XM8 might have had a chance if the bolt catch release wasn't located inside the trigger guard. That's just asking for trouble.

That's teasing ! The asian faces look great, but not a word about it in the interview...

First summer Chernarus (or so it seems) and now that... Some interesting and secret new stuff in the future.

About the delay : one week is nothing if that can add another coat of polish.

Are those guys in gear Bis developers?

Sure thing, its our dress code :icon_twisted:

Exotic new weapons, including the automatic combat shotgun AA-12 and fully modelled XM8 in numerous variants.

Nobody said you can't have your ACRs and KAC PDWs. Seriously, can we put an end to this XMDeb8 before I have to post that Aussie guy shouting 'shut the fuck up' for a minute and a half :shoot:

Well.. My contract with the army will be finished in four weeks.. My next personal weapon will be an FNAR.. work that out!

Well.. My contract with the army will be finished in four weeks.. My next personal weapon will be an FNAR.. work that out!

That gun goes strangely unnoticed in by game developers.

although, it would be hilarious if game developers actually dressed up like the dudes they're making the game about. imagine SCEA dressing up as Kratos, greek soldiers, and mythological greek gods for god of war. now that, would be hilarious.

It's a real shame that this was pushed back a week because of the ARMEX feature. Sure it's a neat thing, but a lot of Americans had a nice long holiday weekend to look forward to playing PMC, now they don't.

Really should have released PMC as planned and added the ARMEX thing with a patch later. No sense holding up all the content for a small feature like that. As neat as it is, how many people are really going to play ARMEX as the main bit of content in PMC? Anyone?

It's a real shame that this was pushed back a week because of the ARMEX feature. Sure it's a neat thing, but a lot of Americans had a nice long holiday weekend to look forward to playing PMC, now they don't.

Really should have released PMC as planned and added the ARMEX thing with a patch later. No sense holding up all the content for a small feature like that. As neat as it is, how many people are really going to play ARMEX as the main bit of content in PMC? Anyone?

ARMEX is probably not the real reason for the delay.

Would actually be nice seeing some Chinese involvement, but not as new opposing forces, but instead having some UN peacekeepers and a story around a Chinese regional reconstruction team trying to get favorable contracts to exploit natural resources and potential tension with Western troops or PMCs from other contractors.

I was sad about the delay, but no worries, thanks for informing us. :)

It's better to announce a delay to add a new feature rather than fix a bug.

Agreed 100%. I was so happy of the date PMC was coming out. I would have 5 days to play it before going back to work...Now it comes out in the middle of my work week...Leaving me not much time to make missions etc.

ARMEX is probably not the real reason for the delay.

Yes, it is:

"The new Multi-Player Armory feature is so exciting and promising, that we decided to implement it to Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and British Armed Forces as well" said Marek Spanel, Bohemia´s CEO. He continued: "unfortunately, implementation over two games - particularly where these are already released - is a difficult process, and requires extra care. The gameplay gets a new, fresh stimulation and we're sure it's worth it".