Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Wonderful, I'm going to get a new PC soon and CO + BAF + PMC at less than 55€ sounds like a deal ;)

Of course if you already have BAF you can gift the 2nd one to a friend/family member ;)

Ahh, good to know it's a separate key than. Can't wait for the GOTY version with A2/OA/BAF/PMC/ZL/POGnSF/AF/NKIBK DLCs all built in! :)

ZL = ZombieLand, POGnSF = Pogue and Special Forces, AF = Air Force and NK = North Korea is Best Korea :P

I didn't want to buy BAF alone, but with this 50% discount, all i can say is... i'll preorder the bundle pack. Thanks for this :)

What about the

"Ultimate Armaverse Collectors Edition 2012 - excluding all bugs and issues found by community members and BIS!!" Shipment free - if you can win against BIS devs + BI forum moderators in one mission. :xmas_o:

a new article up on AAN!

http://www.aan-online.com/en/europe/30-green-sea-armex-events-confirmed.html

my favorite line :D

...anti-war protesters. Several hundred members of the Organisation of Protesters Demanding Reform (OfPDR) stormed the Czech trade show in 2009, looting a significant amount of valuable equipment, but unable to bring the ARMEX event to a close.

I saw China mentioned there ...

Let the speculations begin :yay:

...Organisation of Protesters Demanding Reform (OfPDR) stormed the Czech trade show in 2009' date=' looting a significant amount of valuable equipment, but unable to bring the ARMEX event to a close.[/quote']

Found that bit to be pretty funny :biggrin:

Edit: ahh didn't see that first time around, that guy beat me too it haha

Edited by stupidwhitekid75

Just completed pre-order of PMC, but shame there is no discount for those who already bought BAF.

Just completed pre-order of PMC, but shame there is no discount for those who already bought BAF.

Yes, but you get a nice warm fuzzy feeling absolutely free. Bundle pre-orders only get BAF discount. ;)

Love the OfPDR jibe...that's another reason I love BI - they can be as daft as many of us.

I like this part:

I'd say that Russia is somewhere that we'd certainly look to return to in the future, we all know how important it is to balance our regional expo distribution, but no work is - as yet - in place to this end.

I don't think an explanation is needed here.

Like the part about Russia, they're defiantly hinting something in there. China too though..would be interesting if they added that into the game. Maybe a revamp of the current Russian forces and then Chinese? A map based off of the Russia/China border would be sweet.

I like the whole idea of the Russians getting updated..but at the same time, I'm tired of always fighting Russians. That same almost pointy looking helmet, some type of AK variant, T-series tanks, Mi-8/M-17's...etc just have gotten really old. I mean we've had it all through every version of the game. Even if they're not Russian like in ArmA1, it's the Russian equivalent in terms of almost all the gear. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just ready for something completely new.

A little off topic, you know what I think would be a good idea? If BIS went through the currently existing "DLC - What do you want to see?" thread (or better yet, just make an entirely new thread just to clean things up and keep better track) looking at/asking what people would really like to see the most of. Then after a certain date, they could tally up the 5 most requested ideas for a new DLC and start a poll. People could then vote on the 5, and the three with the most votes would become the new DLC's distributed in no particular order. That way everyone could get a little more say in what they'd like to see released. I, and I think many others, never would've guess a PMC DLC. Being able to choose gives us a little more insight as to what we'd be getting force wise, but as for everything else like the campaign it's up to BI to decide.

Just a thought

I hope with the revisit to Russian units, we get all things up to OA std... and YES.. finally with China we going to have Asian for once officially .... **speculating**

I like the whole idea of the Russians getting updated..but at the same time, I'm tired of always fighting Russians. That same almost pointy looking helmet, some type of AK variant, T-series tanks, Mi-8/M-17's...etc just have gotten really old. I mean we've had it all through every version of the game. Even if they're not Russian like in ArmA1, it's the Russian equivalent in terms of almost all the gear. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just ready for something completely new.

Isn't half the point of the PMC DLC to give us someone new to shoot at?

-k

Arma 2: Dragon Rising featuring PLA and Sion lenton

coming soon!

new features

surviving headshots

inability to swim

innovative Player tether system cant go out of 100 yards or you'll have a heart attack soldier

Obviously faked physics engine integration, bounce off all the trees you want son

C what i did there?

Unfortunately almost every non-nato country in the world uses some sort of Russian weapons technology/russian derived technology.

so yeah, its gets kinda hard to make a "totally new" opfor were there are no russian bits somewhere.

A little off topic, you know what I think would be a good idea? If BIS went through the currently existing "DLC - What do you want to see?" thread (or better yet, just make an entirely new thread just to clean things up and keep better track) looking at/asking what people would really like to see the most of. Then after a certain date, they could tally up the 5 most requested ideas for a new DLC and start a poll. People could then vote on the 5, and the three with the most votes would become the new DLC's distributed in no particular order. That way everyone could get a little more say in what they'd like to see released. I, and I think many others, never would've guess a PMC DLC. Being able to choose gives us a little more insight as to what we'd be getting force wise, but as for everything else like the campaign it's up to BI to decide.

Just a thought

Well who would you use as enemy? Something like in Modern Warfare 2 where russians had fantasy gear and camos and used all kinds of weapons including western ones?

Might be a option but to me that would be too unrealistic to have fun.

Id already be happy about a update for the Russians that includes modern armor vests like 6b23, the new tank caps with additional armor plates, soldiers with the new kevlar helmets, AK74Ms as weapons, T-80U and BV tanks as MBTs and so on... list is long to make the russians better balanced and yet more modern looking.

And if BIS downt doo it we ( RHS ) will fill the gap, soldier wise you guys can expect something pretty amazing very soon that definatly doesnt look like the stock BIS russian soldiers ( that i also like as they are well made ).

Anyway, PMC will get pre-ordered next days and then i hope for something more OPFOR related.

Do you think the current bundle offer is only for preorder or will continue even after BIS release PMC?

@RHS: Exciting news about the new units :yay: i've been loving RHS VDV&Marine units in arma1 and pretty much everything else you guys released too :yay: