Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

Well who would you use as enemy? Something like in Modern Warfare 2 where russians had fantasy gear and camos and used all kinds of weapons including western ones?

Might be a option but to me that would be too unrealistic to have fun.

Id already be happy about a update for the Russians that includes modern armor vests like 6b23, the new tank caps with additional armor plates, soldiers with the new kevlar helmets, AK74Ms as weapons, T-80U and BV tanks as MBTs and so on... list is long to make the russians better balanced and yet more modern looking.

And if BIS downt doo it we ( RHS ) will fill the gap, soldier wise you guys can expect something pretty amazing very soon that definatly doesnt look like the stock BIS russian soldiers ( that i also like as they are well made ).

Anyway, PMC will get pre-ordered next days and then i hope for something more OPFOR related.

I'm just saying something totally new other than Russians not fantasy gear or anything like that. As in a different country, kind of like how Takistan is a fictional country with an army. Except modernize them, actually make them army capable of fighting back.

People complaining about being bored of shooting at OPFOR enemies like Russians etc. Have u guyz thought that maybe in a OPFOR DLC in the campaign u will be shooting BLUFOR.

Now that's fun:p

That's because Steam is Satan's bloatware. Don't do it.

I know mate, but I got Arrowhead and BAF there so may as well get this one too ;)

I'm just saying something totally new other than Russians not fantasy gear or anything like that. As in a different country, kind of like how Takistan is a fictional country with an army. Except modernize them, actually make them army capable of fighting back.

Yeah, then only option is liek in Modern Warfare 2 i guess, fictional Army with modern mix of Eastern and Western weaponry and gear.

Maybe not a bad idea but i rather have a more or less correct kitted Russians for now.

@Ugglyboy

If you loved my silly ArmA1 reskins then you will be blown out of the window ( and probably this planet ) when you see the new units that one of our Members prepares atm... in development since A1 days but its like a great wine...

Teasers could be seen on some of our screens before but they look completely different and even better now.

But enough shameless self promotion for now :D

I'm personally not a big fan of PMC, my experience with them in real life have been less than stellar. But, it will be a fun, item to play around with and there is a lot of other stuff we seem to be getting. As far as the weapons go, anything we get so long as it is not a repeat of what we already have from BIS is good. I hope the will include in the future other armies (Russia, France, Germany, North/South Korea, ect) and USAF personnel and equipment. And a Map Pack would be great!

About this Opfor rant everyone's having, I kinda agree with stupid white kid. Russians are getting a bit overrated as enemys, I'd love to see some South American type DLC. Peruvians, maybe even Cubans. Something new that really hasn't been done before.

Just my opinion.

Red Dawn.........Wolverines....

Filthy capitalist propaganda... :eek:

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

What does the media not vilify these days? I'm still waiting for Fox News to label video games like Black Ops the sole reason for armed robbery after that recent incident. :rolleyes:

I can tell you what it does vilify:

Ahem

♫ Russians, Germans, Europeans,

♫ Muslims, Christians and Judeans

♫ Mexico and Cuba, too

♫ What did communism do to you?

♫ Artificial life creation, genetic modification,

♫ Violence in movies and in games,

♫ PMCs...

That's a shame

♫ ... Gory games and splatter shows,

♫ ... CSI and fireaxe blows,

♫ ... The internet for all it's memes,

♫ ... TV for radiating beams

I kinda ran out of ideas here :j:

Edited by OnlyRazor

I kind of want to see an OPFOR based off Australian Defense Forces. I know that sounds completely out there but it could be just like Takistan and how it was based off of A-Stan in the sense that it'd would be a different country. I think the ADF would work because I looked up a lot of stuff and a lot of the equipment the ADF uses is already in game, like the LAV, M113, Chinook and M1A1 Abrams + a few others. Throw in the Bushmaster PMV, Kiowa, ARH Tiger, MRH-90, F/A-18 etc for vehicles and you'd be set. Several guns they use are already in game too, the F88's would be a nice edition to the game anyways. I remember OFP having them.

Haha well since it's ArmA world it doesn't have to be DEAD on...size could increase :D I think it would be cool just because it's so outside the box. And a lot of the units needed are already ready to go, they'd just need to be re textured.

There would have to be a fair bit of modelling changes to most of the things you listed to make them properly Aussie.

There would have to be a fair bit of modelling changes to most of the things you listed to make them properly Aussie.

At least it would give them something to start with though, right? I wouldn't know anything about it really but I can't imagine it would be more work to addon/tweak things for an existing model. Even so, it doesn't actually have to represent the real ADF, but could be a whole other country and the developers could use the ADF as a basis for soldiers/vehicles/aircraft/weapons. It'd be a lot similar to how Takistan bears so many similarities to Afghanistan and Iraq.

I would like to see an Australian style terrain. Gum trees and all that jazz.

I can see it now mate - koala IEDs :)

Anything with less mountains. At least not as many as Takistan has. I just really disliked it, it was too hard for me to do much with. I love the area around Zargabad and the way the Desert map is styled.

I just looked at VBS2 and they actually have everything I mentioned and then some for the ADF, since it's from the same company couldn't they convert it and bring it up to OA standards? Or at least use it as a base design? If that would work they could finish off the BAF too..would be neat

I can see it now mate - koala IEDs :)

Yeah with Drop bear suicide bombers dropping from tree's hanging over roads :D

VBS2 being made for the Governments I think they have the final say on whether most of that stuff can be released elsewhere aswell so while it'd probably be ok for most stuff, there's likely to be alot that wouldn't aswell.

Me personally wouldn't want to see another DLC with corners cut, BAF's saving grace was the Infantry models. Might sound harsh but it's my opinion. Don't interpret me as being ungrateful either, I like BAF just parts where dissapointing for me, I still apprechiate the effort.

Yeah with Drop bear suicide bombers dropping from tree's hanging over roads :D

VBS2 being made for the Governments I think they have the final say on whether most of that stuff can be released elsewhere aswell so while it'd probably be ok for most stuff, there's likely to be alot that wouldn't aswell.

Me personally wouldn't want to see another DLC with corners cut, BAF's saving grace was the Infantry models. Might sound harsh but it's my opinion. Don't interpret me as being ungrateful either, I like BAF just parts where dissapointing for me, I still apprechiate the effort.

No doubt. I love BAF but I'm really disappointed by some of the things left out. I would've loved to see a complete force. And I hope we still will.

If only BAF had SAS. Man that would be the day.

I'm for any DLC basically, but I would love it to be something that hasnt really been done before, that's why I like the idea of the PMC DLC so much. Really haven't seen that in any game I've played atleast.

I would love for some more exotic enemys and maps. :) But that's just my wish.

This. Some rural Queensland terrain, or even a nice red NT desert would be awesomecross '98.

Terrain wise I'd love anything that's like Sharani from A1. That had the perfect blend of terrain, forests to the north and more of a desert like environment to the south. The terrain in New Zealand seems like it be cool from what I see on google earth. Some snowcapped mountains on the western side, bordered with woodland areas, temperate/farmland everywhere else. I'd kill for a map that supported that in a similar fashion. The flat/rolling terrain it provides make larger scaled battles much more easily done.

Regarding the SAS comment, I hope more than anything they decide to complete the BAF. I don't care if I have to pay for a BAF2 DLC to get it. Fill out the forces, add all the necessary ground/air/support vehicles, new units (SAS, SBS), static weapons..etc. I think it'd make a lot of people happy.

The terrain in New Zealand seems like it be cool from what I see on google earth.

Naw, NZ is pretty much just a bunch of sheep stuck on the side of a mountain.

Regarding the SAS comment, I hope more than anything they decide to complete the BAF. I don't care if I have to pay for a BAF2 DLC to get it. Fill out the forces, add all the necessary ground/air/support vehicles, new units (SAS, SBS), static weapons..etc. I think it'd make a lot of people happy.

Yup. TBH the addition of extra air support and armour would have made the UK severely overpowered in Takistan but to add the whole UK faction for CO users would have been very nice. Maybe BIS were just waiting to see what got cut by the government before they released it ;)

I would love official UK special forces, maybe as part of a DLC adding fastroping to the vanilla engine as well with CQB improvements, breaching, gas etc etc. Maybe it could be a world special forces pack with a few other things in... I'd pay £16 for that.

On the subject of the "missing" Challenger 2 tank, it would be ideal for Chernarus but on Takistan it's like handing the Brits an "I WIN" button. That's pretty much what it's like in rl but it would get pretty boring in game after a while.