Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

The video playback will probably be used more for things like that UAV feed in the first Eagle Wing mission, which was actually just a succession of still images.

Or maybe they're turning the game into Advanced Warfighter so we get annoying little talking head characters in the corner of the screen.

Yep for things like UAV feeds, TV Newsbreaks and such it sure comes handy especially if you want to make stuff like mass parades or something like that where many PCs would go into one digit fps.

i still cant imagine good how that will work with the playback:p lets see if its released.

Dunno if I should be posting these but..here are some Facebook Exclusive pictures of the PMC Campaign.

The new map looks pretty awesome. :D

cQ3Q0.jpg

cQ6k9.jpg

cQ8Pi.jpg

I just hope its not as small as Shapur.

From what I see in these 3 Screenshots, the map seems to have good variety, suggesting that it should be larger than Shapur. *crosses fingers*

Is reading the first post so hard?

Numerous new engine updgrades, including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback

I just hope its not as small as Shapur.

From what I see in these 3 Screenshots, the map seems to have good variety, suggesting that it should be larger than Shapur. *crosses fingers*

I hope that it is half the size of Shapur, in order to expedite me t00bing u avec mon newly develop3d 40MM AG36 LAUNCH.

ag36lv.jpg

hear i be firing said wepon while mah good freind S. Been cameos.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Is reading the first post so hard?

I'm not very clear with this part: full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling.

It has been explained in the developers interview.

How will the engine upgrades brought along with PMC improve A2OA's gameplay? Specifically, can you reveal a little more about how the shotgun ballistics are modelled?

Lukáš: The main difference compared to the single bullet shot is the spread simulation of the shot pellets. Now the shotgun ammo is simulated differently and is approximated by several small projectiles behaving similarly as in real life; although, the amount of simulated pellets is much lower compared to reality. Normal ballistics still apply, and it is assumed that the shotgun ammunition cannot penetrate materials effectively.

Is there any other use for this technology, or has it been developed solely for the shotguns?

Lukáš: The feature started with an intention to accurately simulate common shotguns shells, but we realized the use could be much broader. The damage cone effect can be configured for various other weapons types, e.g., claymore mines.

for me PMC is most disgusting thing that now happens in war

cause they are nothing but pay-killers, criminals

soldiers should fight for country, freedom of nation, defend against agressor from abroad,

this who kills and fight for money is nothing more like usual criminal for me

such people do not care about cause of war, they care about money, so they are pay-killers

etc.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, double-whoa, Chill out.

Today's PMCs aren't simple moral-less rapist-killers. Just because they're a private military force working not for a country, but for money doesn't automatically make them villains.

Sure, they're a good plot element due to the fact they can be massive forces, they are in fact mostly security detail operators (ie. defending important politicians etc.).

Honestly, I think that the media's villified the contractor profession into a very, VERY bad thing.

What does the media not vilify these days? I'm still waiting for Fox News to label video games like Black Ops the sole reason for armed robbery after that recent incident. :rolleyes:

They will never discover my armed online robbery on the sprocket store if PMC is out. It´s just not mainstream enough:)

It has been explained in the developers interview.

At first I think it means that bird shot will be bird shot and buck shot will be buck shot, after reading the interview I once again have no idea what it means...

PMC is available for preorder.

P.S. BAF + PMC = ~ 11 euros. omg((

Thanks for the heads up, preorder done.

P.S. BAF + PMC = ~ 11 euros. omg((

Nice deal for new players there I guess.

Nice deal for new players there I guess.

Of course if you already have BAF you can gift the 2nd one to a friend/family member ;)