tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

Ok, it is now June 12th and Tophe still didn't show up. This is a question to everybody. I hope somebody can help me.

I can't run ded servers anymore. I always used TADST. I have no clue how to run them in another way.

Here is my Arma 2 problem:

I own the non steam retail version of Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, Arma 2 RFT and ACR. After the gamespy shutdown, I transferred it all to Steam. Now I use the steam version. The big difference: OA and Arma 2 are in seperate folders. When I now run TADST and try to start up a server, I use (of course) the arma2oaserver.exe of the latest beta patch (Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/beta_oa/). I use my old modset, choose a compatible mission and hit launch. Error messages about required addons appear. Fail messages appear. The server starts. I try to join it. It will stuck reading the mission from bank. Appearently theres really something missing. I checked the "missing" addons. And I figured out, since I use the steam versions, a ded server won't load any Arma 2 file. It will just load all the OA + DLCs stuff. Minus for Steam.

Is TADTS even capable of running Steam version Arma 2 CO servers? How do I do this? Is there an alternative?

Heres my Arma 3 problem:

I launch a ded server with TADST. It starts. No error. Good. I check the MP browser. My server is shown TWICE. Always. No matter which one I try to join on, the game will crash saying it is running out of memory. Of course that is not the problem.

What is wrong and how do I get TADST working again?

All this was never an issue before GS shutdown, everything always worked like a charm.

Hello,

Why do we need an update? i use Version 2.4 from Tophe and my Server ist listed in Steam server list and all is working like before... important ist that steam port is forwarded to the server in the firewall.

The problem is the reporting IP dropdown box it has. If you make a new one and leave it blank, no server shows up. I you put it to 127.0.0.1 it only appears on LAN (obviously!). There is NO option to default to 'nothing' so that STEAM takes over.

THAT is why we need an update. Either that or someone needs to walk me through the idiots guide for my dedi using TADST.

I have already the reporting IP with Gamespy inserted, but has no effect to the Steam list. You can all the time find my server via STEAM. Steam will not care about the reporting ip.

try it out: Brotherhood of Steel

created with Tophe 2.4 and Reporting IP Gamespy. no problem

+1. server shows perfectly fine in ingame-list even with gamespy listed as reporting server.

Sorry,what needs to be changed ?

After today's 1.22 update I cannot see my server in the browser. In fact even using REMOTE address input I can't see it. Server is running with same port as always (2302). I do see server using LAN option.

So do we or do we not need a Steam master server address in TADST?

Thanks.

My server shows up but only after a minute or so of waiting, for a regular player it would seem like no server is running as it takes so long. It was like this before on the steam option but showed instantly with the gamespy option.

After today's 1.22 update I cannot see my server in the browser. In fact even using REMOTE address input I can't see it. Server is running with same port as always (2302). I do see server using LAN option.

So do we or do we not need a Steam master server address in TADST?

Thanks.

Having the same issue. We're using the arma3pc.master.gamespy.com reporting IP and the servers aren't showing up. Seems as if TADST isn't working properly now?

Edit: its just really slow...

Edited by SpectreRSG

Is there an IP we can put into the Details/Reporting IP/EDIT field to make it show up faster (and potentially fix other problems) ?

Im having the same issue guys i hope they jump on it. The tool is a very great and easy tool to use, hopefully they can get it working again

This is all very odd. I use this to run the server on my clan's dedi box and the server sows up in Steam browser just fine. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, but I've never seen the problems described here.

Not sure if this will help anyone or not, but I deleted all of the reporting IPs so that when TADST launches the reporting IP section is blank. That seemed to make the server show up faster when refreshing the MP browser.

Still 50 seconds after removing the reporting ip and leaving it blank.

We need to find out what the server IP is for the reporting server for Steam and just plug it in. Anyone know what it is?

After following the directions in the Port Forwarding section of the Wiki I was getting really frustrated that I could not find my own server, at all, in the in-game browser. As it turns out I was the only one who couldn't see it. All my other players had no problem finding it (using the same old filter). I had to switch over to LAN (since I am in the same subnet as the server) to find it. Played all night without issue.

same problem after 1.22,we can't make the server appear in the server browers.Before 1.22 it can appear in the Gamespy.What should we do or we give up this tool?

Anyone having success with this and steam? If so please post results.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Anyone having success with this and steam? If so please post results.

I too was able to see it LAN as its the same network, I attempted to find it remote and a big NOPE.

Success - yes.

I was able to get my DS to show up for my team who all play via Internet. I removed all of the entries in the reporting IP section on TADST. I then set up port forwarding on my router to forward the Steam port and Steam Query port to my DS computer. The next thing was for the Internet players to clear the filter they were using previously in the arma game server list. They then typed the server or mission name on the filter and bam.... Server was there. Some team members also just scanned the server list until they found the team's DS and then just highlighted it and joined. It really was not too bad to get it working. Easier than what I had thought it was going to be.

Hello everybody. I'm back(ish). Last year I've been studying full time, and working almost full time at the same time - while touring and recording. So it's been a bit hairy...

I'l try to get up to speed on what's needed in the next release.

Can you fill me in on the Steam issues? Should I remove the gamespy addresses and put Steam in?

Also just let me know of any bugs and new game features that is critical to get into TADST quickly.

Hello everybody. I'm back(ish). Last year I've been studying full time, and working almost full time at the same time - while touring and recording. So it's been a bit hairy...

I'l try to get up to speed on what's needed in the next release.

Can you fill me in on the Steam issues? Should I remove the gamespy addresses and put Steam in?

Also just let me know of any bugs and new game features that is critical to get into TADST quickly.

Gamespy has been flat out removed from all of the Arma series games as far as I am aware and have been manually changed over to Steam. That's about it really, we can't put servers up as they register to GS on your tool, just needs moved over. (However BI hasn't exactly updated their wiki to help with this..)

Gamespy has been flat out removed from all of the Arma series games as far as I am aware and have been manually changed over to Steam. That's about it really, we can't put servers up as they register to GS on your tool, just needs moved over. (However BI hasn't exactly updated their wiki to help with this..)

Well, you may still add your own ip's to the tool. So it should still work.

But I need to update it to reflect the current state of reality (as soon as it has been unveiled :-) )

addip.jpg

What IP are you talking about? I tried using my public IP then my ipv4 i even commented out the reporting ip in config but i still cannot find it in server list.

Again,

there is no need to have an reporting IP for working in Steam Server browser.

I think it is just necessary for V 2.5 to remote the reporting IP entry...