Altis On Fire: 3 Mission Campaign
COOP 2-10 Players by Meatball Latest Version Downloads: Altis on Fire: Episode 1 on Steam Workshop Altis on Fire: Episode 2 on Steam Workshop Altis on Fire: Episode 3 on Steam Workshop Armaholic Link
[Excerpt from the Front Page of the Stratis Times - 2035-07-20]
Altis is on Fire!
(AAP - Agia Marina - 2035-07-20) Altis is on fire, and only time will tell whether it will arise from the ashes, or be burnt beyond recognition. As two titanic forces wage battle across the island of Altis and remnants of AAF troops retreat from Altis to remaining strongholds on Stratis, we look back on the disinformation, deception and catastrophes that have led us into the disastrous state of current affairs.
Investigations by this paper have turned up covert correspondence from late December of last year between high ranking Altian and CSAT officials looking for assistance in "expanding Altian nuclear enrichment programs beyond current techniques and technologies". While not specifically spelled out, one can infer the only logical goal of expanding current program used for peaceful nuclear technology would be the development of a nuclear weapon program. If this is truly their goal, it would be in blatant violation of the NNPT (Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty) Altis was a signatory of in 2024. To add further proof to this course of events, CSAT scientific and military personnel was observed in and about various military and government installations throughout February of this year, and they became a common sight in those areas the following months. Our inquiries through official channels as to the role of those CSAT personnel were simply stonewalled until rumors began to break publicly that Altis officials were pursuing a program of weaponizing nuclear material. International condemnation and outrage rained on our government and people as the information became public knowledge.
As we all know, on June 24th CSAT forces began a full scale assault and invasion of Altis and within two days, fighting was raging between CSAT and AAF troops that had previously been performing 'military exercises' together. Not having the manpower or material of the CSAT units, the AAF troops were quickly overwhelmed, destroyed and pushed from the island. While NATO quickly condemned these actions, CSAT simply ramped up the build up of troops while the diplomats argued and soon occupied most of Altis.
Reports of a build up of NATO and allied troops in the region as a 'precautionary measure' was already under way when exiled Altian officials presented their case to NATO officials to obtain support in forcing the CSAT occupiers from our homeland using any means necessary. We all believed that the NATO build up was simply posturing, but a full scale invasion of Altis by NATO forces commenced on last week. Neither side appears to have gained an upper hand in the fighting as it rages across all of Altis and the CSAT and NATO forces continue to pound each other. Recent activity at installments where remaining AAF forces have gathered on the island, appear to reinforce the rumors that our homeland troops are beginning to make incursions back onto the island.
We cannot know whether Altis will be restored or destroyed, we can only pray for our soldiers and civilians caught between the NATO and CSAT onslaught.
"Altis on Fire" is a 3 mission campaign I've developed for the Make Arma Not War Multiplayer Game Mode Contest. The three episodes follow the events that occur in June and July of 2035 when Altis' attempt to covertly research the technology to develop nuclear weapons leaks to the world. CSAT and NATO forces quickly become entangled in a quagmire on Altis where there is nowhere to hide.
In Episode 1 - "Fallout", you take on the role of CSAT forces attempting to destroy evidence of their involvement in the nuclear research program when rumors of the Altian research and development comes to light.
Episode 2 - "Force Recon" follows NATO troops spearheading an invasion to kick the CSAT occupiers off the island at the request of exiled Altian officials.
Finally in Episode 3 - "Rock and a Hard Place" we take on the role of the remnants of the shattered AAF troops attempting to obtain and extract the remaining weaponized nuclear material from Altis while the NATO and CSAT troops wage war around them.
Want to know the real scoop of what happened? Check out the spoiler below:
Features and General Notes:
- AoF missions can be played with 2-10 players, and have multiple parameters available from the role selection screen to adjust game settings including numbers if AI, AI skill level, weather, time of day, and many other options.
- Each mission is unique and has a style all it's own while AI is randomized every time leading to vastly different gameplay from session to session!
- All three AoF missions contain a lot of AI. It is highly suggested you play the mission on a dedicated server with a Headless Client if at all possible. Headless Client support is built directly into all three missions.
- For Best Gameplay, the missions should be played with all map markers turned off and at the "Veteran" or "Expert" difficulty level.
- The missions really shine when the "ACRE" radio mod is used, but it is not a requirement and the missions can be played and enjoyed without it as well.
- Mission specific gameplay information is listed in the "Gameplay Notes" of each mission briefing.
- Download the Missions from Steam Workshop or extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/MPMissions folder.
- Episode 1: Added in a "Unit Scatter Distance" parameter to allow players to set initial unit scatter distance from 1 to 10 KM, default is 2.5KM
- Episodes 1-3: Minor tweaks to AI settings.
- Epilogue: Added in a new 'Epilogue' mission. The mission is very Alpha and still has some bugs in it, but I would love to get some feedback on where it stands so far. Don't have it published on Steam Workshop yet, but you can download direct from here.
- Episode 1: Redesign of the 'drop' mechanism to create better randomization of drops.
- Episode 2: Bug fix for the Kavala "Destroy Bridges" task. Now changed to "Mine Bridges". Must mine the 4 bridges with 3-4 mines each to complete task.
- Episode 2: Added in a few basic crates at step off points to give the players some extra starting gear.
- Episode 3: Minor tweaks to the AI levels.
- Various minor bug fixes and tweaks across all three missions.
v 1.01 & 1.02
- Internal testing versions.
- Zeus is now integrated into all three missions! The missions will still work fine without someone filling the role of Zeus, but it's now supported for those that want to use it.
- The Virtual AmmoBox (VAS) has been removed the Force Recon mission due to popular request.
- Minor tweaks to AI and some small bugfixes.
- First Public Release. Why 0.99 you ask? Well, I've done tons of playtesting, and while I'm pretty sure all the missions are ready for release, I'm sure you guys will find issues! Please report any you find!
Credits & Thanks:
- Thanks to all those supported my own mission making efforts through the forums, Skype channels and various other avenues as well as the community contributors and great scripts that were used in Altis on Fire:
- AI Spawn Script Pack by spunFin
- Civilian Vehicle Spawn by Zealot
- Enemy Occupation System (EoS) by BangaBob
- MAD Ambient Life by MAD T
- Headless Client AutoDetect Script by elec
- Repetitive Cleanup Script by Aeroson
- SLP Spawning Script by Nomadd
- Taskmaster/moveObjects/Random Position Scripts by Shuko
- Also, lot's of direct coding help and support from NeoArmageddon & spunFin
- Also special thanks to a great batch of playtesters that helped motivate me along the way to make bigger and better missions, all while having a blast playing:
- Dodgy Moustache
- La Gran We
- Ninja Monkey
---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------
Quick note. This mission/campaign was originally posted up over in the Make Arma Not War Contest, but now that the Contest is over I figured it'd be better to shift this thread over to the official user made campaign/missions forum.