Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

That person must not be looking at the Arma3 forum section much otherwise he'd see there be plenty of protesting.

Out of all the things we overlook, at least we don't have to overlook the fact that our game sucks.

So, method to success for BIS.

Remove the Mission Editor, remove free roam, implement tether, implement CoD movement mechanics, add a Sgt Shouty McRacist, add leaderboards, add simple repetitive co-op missions, and only add to them once a month. Lock out modding and charge for the missions that could be done with the Mission Editor.

Obviously this is the way, because RR got great reviews.

Post of the week award goes to Innomadic. :D Great stuff.

Out of all the things we overlook, at least we don't have to overlook the fact that our game sucks.

:D so true

So, method to success for BIS.

Remove the Mission Editor, remove free roam, implement tether, implement CoD movement mechanics, add a Sgt Shouty McRacist, add leaderboards, add simple repetitive co-op missions, and only add to them once a month. Lock out modding and charge for the missions that could be done with the Mission Editor.

Obviously this is the way, because RR got great reviews.

May i add : remove community support, ban everyone that raise doubts regarding the game, pretend to be the successor of a game developed by another studio.

Personally I rather enjoyed Sgt Shouty McRacist.

He was a character I grew to love.

He made me laugh and I called him racist names persistently throughout the game.

I didn't think I'd like all the dialogue when I first started playing, but it grew on me and by the end... i was loving it. we were all pretty much joining in and back chatting the game throughout. Going with it for the Lulz.

I also liked the movement and shooting mechanics.

I think this is a massive improvement from the original. There is nothing worse that fighting the game engine instead of the enemies.

If anything having played Crysis 2 recently, the movement wasn't fluid enough for me still. None of those sliding moments you got in Crysis 2 and GRAW. I miss that now. Cryssis 2 has spolied all the competiton for movement.

The ballistics wrere good and fun. Easy to get kills, plus satisfying when you got the bullet drop right or aced some guy with a head shot before he had time to respond to you. I was getting those odd "nice shot" moments when youare either pleased with yourself or congratulatory of your team mate.

Free Roam or rather the lack of it got me 5 or 10 times over the campaign. This was definitely still an issue.

But it was a lot freer than their previous iteration of the game. A noticeable improvement and only a complete pain the arse for me just once.

In the end I found it a small price to pay for decent networking and well functioning mission design.

In the previous version of Operation Flashpoint I had found it very frustrating and even game breaking...

I haven't bothered with the simple repative co-op missions. I tried one and it looked too dull.

But the campaign is great and worthwhile. So I will play that through with each bunch of friends who come over for a shooter session.

At the end of every game session my friends have said "Good old Operation Flashpoint. You can count on them to make a great game".

So I guess it counts as worthy successsor to some old fans. I would also note that I have never been banned from their forums and I do feel I am the kind of poster that fanboys get riled up about.

I'll be playing this title for many years to come. Mods or no mods.

Not bad for a console game. Really, not half bad at all.

Also, once again, much better than I was expecting. A pleasant suprise.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

I'm not exactly sure what your trying to say but if your suggesting that a Red River MP expansion could compete with Battlefield 3 MP you must be afflicted with temporary insanity.

I'm suggesting that the graphics, the arena sizes, the movement, the ballistics and the vehicles are all up to spec for a battlefield style game.

And yes of course it could compete with Battlefield. It already is.

Games like Battlefield and Joint Operations are well loved. There is always room in the market place for another one of these titles. As an online only game, it would have a decent sales model for a PC game.

Why I think that would be a good expansion for them is that it wouldn't take a lot of extra development to convert what they already have to something saleable.

The models are all done. The sounds are all done. The arenas are all adaptable...Just the server software I haven't seen. I also think map design for player counts of 30 or more is very important for netcode optimisation.

Edited by Baff1

"Good old Operation Flashpoint. You can count on them to make a great game".

*commits seppuku*

baff, is you again...still trolling? You don't even deserve an answer for the bullshit your posted...

378105427_2e2b97720d_m.jpg

Edited by PuFu

baff,

I read his wall of words and then quickly read his name....for a moment, I thought it said barf after reading this part.

The ballistics wrere good and fun. Easy to get kills, plus satisfying when you got the bullet drop right or aced some guy with a head shot before he had time to respond to you. I was getting those odd "nice shot" moments when youare either pleased with yourself or congratulatory of your team mate.

I checked out the GT review and it want bad imo. Definately better than COD by a mile.

"Good old Operation Flashpoint. You can count on them to make a great game".

*Has the urge to smack someone*

I think its effing hilarious that after 10 years BIS STILL patched the ORIGINAL game, and yet CM can't even do their first patch right...

Talk about dedication, BIS you are THE BEST, barring NONE. Period.

I think its effing hilarious that after 10 years BIS STILL patched the ORIGINAL game, and yet CM can't even do their first patch right...

plus one!

Yeah, thank for posting.

A ver y interesting thing to read.

Congratulations to everyone at BIS I hope to see you as one of the biggest game Developers in a Decade :)

Eh, what the hell is ARMA: Cold War Assault? Just OFP under a new name?

Yes. I suppose it's because of legal issues with Codemasters that BI changed the name. I read somewhere that BI ain't allowed to patch OFP:CWC any longer.

So changing the name, and the fact it's also a standalone installation, is probably a legal workaround.

PS: Here is the annoucement.

Edited by colossus

It's pretty much the fancy name for the new patch for OFP.

Calling it ArmA has probably got something to do with CM and 'their' OFP.

Plus two. :)

And they're even fixing issues caused by the patch....

Yes. I suppose it's because of legal issues with Codemasters that BI changed the name. I read somewhere that BI ain't allowed to patch OFP:CWC any longer.

So changing the name, and the fact it's also a standalone installation, is probably a legal workaround.

PS: Here is the annoucement.

So i have absolutely no reason to download it then? Or does it add anything new?

So i have absolutely no reason to download it then? Or does it add anything new?

It does include fixes and additions. Question is probably more about whether or not servers will use version 1.96 or 1.99. Currently I've only observed 1.96 servers. Either way, as I understud it, it will be installed in a seperate folder named "Arma Cold War Assault", so there is no overwriting of your original OFP:CWC. I'd recommend to ask on the Operation Flashpoint section for futher questions though.

You might find some information in the ARMA: Cold War Assault/Operation Flashpoint forum. :rolleyes:

Are you the guy with the Codemasters tattoo?

It does include fixes and additions. Question is probably more about whether or not servers will use version 1.96 or 1.99. Currently I've only observed 1.96 servers. Either way, as I understud it, it will be installed in a seperate folder named "Arma Cold War Assault", so there is no overwriting of your original OFP:CWC. I'd recommend to ask on the Operation Flashpoint section for futher questions though.

server is build 1.99 and it also identifies as

gamever "1.99"

You might find some information in the ARMA: Cold War Assault/Operation Flashpoint forum. :rolleyes:

Are you the guy with the Codemasters tattoo?

:confused:

What? Have i missed something here?