Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I agree though that BIS have been poor with the amount of bugs on release with the ArmA series so far, they really need to sort that shit out for ArmA 3, esp. if they're going to capitalise on the good vibes coming from sites like PC Gamer.

I played trough OA, BAF and PMC on release and before patches, and none of them had any problems worth mentioning. BI themselves said that the initial release of A2 was poor, and they have substantially upped their game in the releases that followed it.

Unfortunately, the bad rep sticks more than is warranted. I myself am guilty of going with that vibe (see my sig). Though I try to take it with a bit of humour. I trust BI to do a good job with A3 this time.

As for codies, there seems to be nil comms from their side, no patch, no support, and the game seems to be selling slower than anticipated. There is mention of a post on a gaming mags forum, where an editor points out price droppings rapidly after release.

I´m almost tempted to try the game myself: friends of mine have bought it and deemed it decent, but offensive in its tone and skewed in its logic and poor in mission design. For example, it´s never explained why the PLA picks up hostilities against the USMC, when they have the mutual goal of suppressing the insurgency. The only reason I can think of is "We needed a powerful enemy, and we had all the models on HD already, so..."

I just hope that A3 will have a more decent backstory. Though the ending of PMC doesn´t bode well, in that regard.

Dont both storylines sound sort of the same?

In RR, Marines do operations in Tajikistan (whatever its called) then the PLA steps in and poop hits the fan.

In Arma 2 the Marines do peacekeeping operations then Russia steps in and shit hits the fan.

Hm?

In RR, Marines do operations in Tajikistan (whatever its called) then the PLA steps in and poop hits the fan.

In Arma 2 the Marines do peacekeeping operations then Russia steps in and shit hits the fan.

Hm?

Yeah,

But then again, That's pretty much the storyline for every single damned FPS out there.

From Maruk himself:

Developing for a console means that there are many more regulations and compliance procedures. These can cause delays on the one hand, but forced us to streamline, polish and optimize on the other hand. We were also able to identify our technology's bottlenecks when applied to a fixed (and often less powerful than PC) hardware platform.

Hm?

Well, it is kind of alike.

Except in A2, the Russians first give the Marines a deadline to leave the country, and the Marines do leave. Then Razor and Sabre get left behind, Sabre gets killed off and Razor joins up with the NAPA or CDF depending on the player´s choice. For me, for example, the Marines never returned to Chernarus, thus no combat between USMC and RFA took place.

It´s more solid in A2, because there is a sensible buildup and logical coherency. If you strip it to bare bones though, I have to agree, they´re pretty much the same stories.

You may want to replay the campaign then, Russia didn't step in until a bomb went off in the red square and even then tensions we more aimed at the rebels than the marines, it was more of a "avoid as best you can" rather than "RUSSIANS HERE ATTACK THEM!"

The differnce, is that BIS releases need support after release and CM games don't.

Nice logic. Might as well sell people bricks since those don't require post-release support either.

Maruk, if you are reading this, take notes. Cancel ArmA 3 and sell bricks to people instead, so you have a bug-free 1.0 release :bounce3:

/sarcasm

So happy I never bought this game.

Come on man, put some f#kn effort in, 4000+ pages of Passionate nerd rage and You enter the ring with that :eek:

Edited by Katipo66

Come on man, put some f#kn effort in, 4000+ pages of Passionate nerd rage and You enter the ring with that :eek:

Go onto CM's forums, I'm sure you will find plenty of posts raging out how they can turn away free help.

Welcome, Thumbtoes72. For the record, constructive criticism is allowed and taken into account here. :p

Ah yes, don't you just love it when a "community liason" comes on after ignoring the OFP area for quite some time in favour of Dirt and F1 (which seem to be released relatively unbroken), only to come back and say "the Co-op is great" as though thats a fact, despite the issues thread chocka block full of complaints of lousy connections?

Oh great. Now a user have given them, and any other two bit shit writer, an excuse to push crap out the through door to consumers.

Next we'll see CM saying "This is what customers want!" when they publish bottom drivel QA'd product.

That post misses the fact (or maybe it's just my opinion) that micro payments really only work where;

* The game is huge and takes weeks to explore (by huge I mean MUCH larger than anything we have).

* Is MM.

*Is played by gullible people.

The differnce, is that BIS releases need support after release and CM games don't.

True, no one is playing CM games enough to realize they need support ;)

No the difference is that BIS games are so MUCH bigger that DR/RR(even combined) so sure it will need support and so it get. DR/RR on ther other hand have less issues because they are dumbed down and simplyfied as hell, yet they barely get any support.... see the logic :bounce3:

Interesting idea. I do not think however it will stop piracy in the long run.

Oh great. Now a user have given them, and any other two bit shit writer, an excuse to push crap out the through door to consumers.

Next we'll see CM saying "This is what customers want!" when they publish bottom drivel QA'd product.

That post misses the fact (or maybe it's just my opinion) that micro payments really only work where;

* The game is huge and takes weeks to explore (by huge I mean MUCH larger than anything we have).

* Is MM.

*Is played by gullible people.

You are aware that is a magazine article he transcribed? I've seen talk on this in the Dirt 3 area too.

Sell unfinished games...the fuckers better not charge full price for that crock.

Lets face it piracy will never be stopped %100 there's just no way but there are ways of reducing it, less about DRM and more about content, purpose, support and localization. Someone said that RR had far more piracy issues than DR...gee, I wonder why that is. MW2 was said to have issues with online support and had the same 'server' system as consoles, another example of piss poor support that enacts nerd rage of piracy.

When piracy comes in large numbers it's not a "we're too cheap to buy it game" It's a great big "F*ck you". When that happens you shouldn't be thinking "How can we remove the piracy?" Because you can't, the method doesn't matter and certain ones such as selling unfinishied games (over $20 if the content is low) will really peeve people off and it will continue, rather you should step back and check out the community, find out what hey are asking for the most, often better support, often to do with multiplayer.

Or how about because you removed so much content yet dared to sell it for full price.

Edited by NodUnit

Sell unfinished games...the fuckers better not charge full price for that crock.

Lets face it piracy will never be stopped %100 there's just no way but there are ways of reducing it, less about DRM and more about content, purpose, support and localization. Someone said that RR had far more piracy issues than DR...gee, I wonder why that is. MW2 was said to have issues with online support and had the same 'server' system as consoles, another example of piss poor support that enacts nerd rage of piracy.

When piracy comes in large numbers it's not a "we're too cheap to buy it game" It's a great big "F*ck you". When that happens you shouldn't be thinking "How can we remove the piracy?" Because you can't, the method doesn't matter and certain ones such as selling unfinishied games (over $20 is the content is low) will really peeve people off and it will continue, rather you should step back and check out the community, find out what hey are asking for the most, often better support, often to do with multiplayer.

Or how about because you removed so much content yet dared to sell it for full price.

Agreed on all points, hell people have pirated a game that was on sale for 1 cent, all funds going to a charity (cancer research or sick kids or something). We already get ripped off when it comes to games, but paying $100 for a half a game and being forced to pay for the content after initial purpose?

The amount of words that describes my hatred for such a tactic is endless...

edit: People will always pay for a game that they believe is worth the money. Thats all there is to it.

I want Extra Credits to run the industry...

Edited by Innomadic

Product support ala Codemasters:

"Those aren't bugs, they're our copy protection."

The game isn't shallow, it just looks that way to counter piracy." (probably following the idea that the game is so bad that no self-respecting releasegroup will bother).

"The game isn't expensive, our copy protection is."

Also the comment from CM about MW2 is ridiculous, so 4,1 million people pirated the game, over 25 million people bought it. That's about a 7:1 ratio. Comparing a billion dollar game to a piece of rubbish that barely sold more than 200.000 copies (if that) globally on all platforms combined ... Nice ... Also a shallow game, but one that receives some support, and of which the developers don't lie continuously in their claims to make the game into something it is not. If you make a reasonable game, it will sell. If you make a POS featureless broken game and dump support a month or two after release, it won't sell, no matter how hard you blame the pirates (and yet you don't put any kind of copy protection on your own games).

Edited by JdB

edit: People will always pay for a game that they believe is worth the money. Thats all there is to it.

^this

I support developers like BIS because I believe that their games are worth the money.

I want Extra Credits to run the industry...

No kidding, they've got the right idea, I just wish more publishers would listen to some of them.

No kidding, they've got the right idea, I just wish more publishers would listen to some of them.

You mad?