Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I wouldn't be suprised, some time ago when I checked their forums in boredom there was a thread asking about where to find it and many people were saying that the stores either did not carry the product or when they inquired, that very few pre-ordered or bought at all.

So I guess ther wont be another sequel then. Are there even plans for some kind of DLC?

As I was out and about this morning, I popped into a Game store. RR is on the discount shelves for consoles and in the 2 for £30 section for PCs.

It seems to being discounted even sooner than FPDR.

Damn .. i tried that game .. and i uninstall it quickly :)

So I guess ther wont be another sequel then. Are there even plans for some kind of DLC?

Was released on US launch along with the "patch", didn't cost a cent for the yanks.

Last time i looked ( if you're to believe vga charts as gospel ) the sales of RR was appalling.

In its 6th week ( on US release) compared to dragon rising it didnt even reach half the sales of DR. RR did approx 50-60k sales. DR did over 120k.

How accurate vga charts is, is another matter though, i dont know of anywhere else you can see this sort of info.

/me shrugs

CM will see it as a rampaging success, because they're filling in a niche market of course...

RR is the best game ever!

there, go nuts :p

OMFG, you Nazi!!!!!! RARARARAARARARarararRARArararARAR!!!!!!

CM will see it as a rampaging success, because they're filling in a niche market of course...
The thing about Codies is that they didn't try to make anything. They just stuck guns on a racing engine and claimed they were doing something along the lines of creating a game that was more realistic than ___.

Thats the problem, the game has no originality and if a game isn't original then it needs context, it needs a comparison and there wasn't anything to compare it to because Codies created their own genre for it to dodge Call of Duty and Arma2 comparisons. An empty box doesn't please the punters.

I was being sarcastic mate.

Were you? :p

I think we have finally got some closure, seeing this epic fail has bought a amile to my day.

Cheers Sion, and good luck. Bahahahahah...

Yesterday, while waiting for my dental treatment I decided to take a walk in the mall. Found some computer store and decided to take a look. It's been years since I physically visited a computer store ))

Games section immediately got my attention. Especially the shelf with shiny title "The Bestsellers". There was some crap like cod and bf and... guess what? Red river! Shock! Suddenly, the salesman approached me and asked if I need help. I told him that I'm looking for Arma2. He said that he never heard about it and went to his desk to check if they have this game. No surprise, they havnt got any.

Well, what a shame. How it comes that this thing with below-average-score on every review get itself on bestsellers shelf? And the game like Arma2 remains even unknown to salesmen? Ridiculous.

I was being sarcastic mate.

I know. I was just extending on what you said in a serious way.

You know that bestseller shelves aren´t really bestseller shelves? That applies for Books too! I work in this Industry, Bestsellers are not always really bestselling (I think besthyped would be a better word)

Saw RR for 20 bucks off the initial $72AUD at EBGAMES....better known as the game store who likes to rip you off compared to JB, but often stocks the game you want that JB doesn't....

Basically the expensive guys were offering it cheap.

You know that bestseller shelves aren´t really bestseller shelves? That applies for Books too! I work in this Industry, Bestsellers are not always really bestselling (I think besthyped would be a better word)

Given that almost every book I ever pick up has "Number 1 best seller" on the jacket, I can easily believe that...

Given that almost every book I ever pick up has "Number 1 best seller" on the jacket, I can easily believe that...

In waterstones we basically put whatever we liked in the best sellers, so I can imagine its the same for games.

In waterstones we basically put whatever we liked in the best sellers, so I can imagine its the same for games.

But that implies someone played Red River; and enjoyed it enough to call it a "best seller"

But that implies someone played Red River; and enjoyed it enough to call it a "best seller"

The same people who give CoD 9/10 for gameplay and GTA San Andreas 10/10 for visuals?

The same people who give CoD 9/10 for gameplay and GTA San Andreas 10/10 for visuals?

Good point ..

That's not how it works. Companies actually spend more money to place their products in prime locations throughout a store. I forget the marketing lingo that is used for it.

That's not how it works. Companies actually spend more money to place their products in prime locations throughout a store. I forget the marketing lingo that is used for it.

Impulse buying, however that doesn't pertain to the shelves that are marked "best selling", nor does it pertain to your primary product, its aimed at impulse buys at the checkout where you don't think through the cost of the item.

Impulse buying, however that doesn't pertain to the shelves that are marked "best selling", nor does it pertain to your primary product, its aimed at impulse buys at the checkout where you don't think through the cost of the item.

I'm not talking about impulse buying (I'm sure it does factor into what I'm talking about). It has to do with shelf space for big chain outlets actually charge more to place your product at those prime locations throughout the store.

The Missing Metric Measuring Shelf-Space Profitability

http://www.booz.com/media/uploads/The_Missing_Metric.pdf

And unfortunately, quite often this isn't how it works when it gets to the shop floor, although a company may have paid for a prime position, stock issues, manager discretion and a couple other things can mean that often its just a bit of a waste of money. The number of times I had to set out a display without any of the actual books I was meant to put out because of stock issues or our manager saying "I think that looks better over here" (gotta love waterstones :p). Saying all that though, I was never aware of ever being told to have a particular book or publisher's books in a certain area, the best-sellers were meant to come from that weeks charts and then in theory we were meant to put those on the shelf...

Although gigantic posters and the like, advertising stuff like RR serve to not only sell the game but provide the shop with a nice new front window to draw people in, regardless of whether they are interested in the game on display or not.

Edited by STALKERGB

Product placement

—n

the practice of a company paying for its product to be placed in a prominent position in a film or television programme as a form of advertising

Is that it?

why do you still waste your lifetime writing about CM ?

is CM worth second of your life ? i doubt