Sign in to follow this  
Zedrein

Military SciFi Projects Thread

Just to let you know Krycek, there is an Aliens APC out for ArmA II replete with Colonial Marines and their kit.

Yeah I know about the Vilas Apc and Marines,but I'm just happy that someone is working on a new version.:)

This pic is a little more up to date, Enjoy. :)

APC.png

I would love to see all you Scfi buffs get to gether and go all out on a avatar mod.The hole shabang..Im talking plants and all..just to see what you guys came up with..Plus not to mention you could almost make it like avatars agenst Marines even with there machines and robots they get into"Marines robots".. i think you guys would be outstanding at it..

Doofy

Please do not crosspost. Spamming the forum with the same message over and over is not likely to yield more positive results.

+1 warning for crossposting.

§9) Do not cross-post

Do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum simply to get an answer quicker or to draw more attention to your post.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

@B00ce

I do not wish to detract from anyone else's models, but that dropship model is the nicest O2 only model I have ever seen. Great work on that.

@B00ce

I do not wish to detract from anyone else's models, but that dropship model is the nicest O2 only model I have ever seen. Great work on that.

Really?!?!

I just got warm fuzzies, thanks. :]

Hi i like to use these models for time saving and refferences sometimes, there licences are very good even if you use for refference or to bake some nice textures and or Lod down from it .

just FYI , obviously o2 modelling from scartch is much more reewarding :)

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/vehicles/apc-textured/

I try to not use other people's art as a reference (Unless I have no other reference of a specific area), their mistakes tend to be translated over and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to maintaining accuracy to the subject material. I have plenty of behind the scenes reference images of the real thing used in the movie (12.6mb).

Save for instance; the lights on the roof that don't exist in the "real" thing, the spotlight to the rear is too sunken into the roof, the weird protuberances where the angle of the roof changes are too small, there should be no grating over the headlights, the door has right angles instead of rounded corners, it is also shaped wrong (the bottom of the front bit should be angled back 15 or so degrees). I also have a keen eye. :p

Thanks anyway. :)

Hey no worries , at least you know now there is a place you can go if you need something in an emergency :) .

This pic is a little more up to date, Enjoy. :)

That is a turret in the front, right? It can't be connected to the rest of the body or else it won't move. Looks good, though. :)

Abs

Its not connected. There's the base, and then the turret itself on top of it which isn't connected. ;)

In any case, I broke it off anyway to cull some faces.

Are you going to animate the rear turret so it does that thing it does in the movie (i.e. Rotates and houses itself on the rear of the APC)?

I plan on it, but don't know how hard or easy it'll be. Its probably outside the scope of my ability, so I may have to outsource if worst comes to worst.

Slight update:

Worked on the front landing gear well and the flapie cover things.

Untitled.png

Also UV mapped the glass, RVMAT still WIP, naturally.

th_buldozer2012-05-2823-31-02-78.png

Shit, can't imagine how a mod based on the RV engine with Sci-Fi theme may look ... I digress.

Incredible work ... is that SketchUp or am I mislead?

thx

That right there is straight up Oxygen 2, because other programs are too expensive and/or too complicated for me to wrap my head around. ;)

I keep putting off the rear landing gear because its dumb, so I'll start refining the ramp soonish. :p

I'm starting to realize that the model.cfg is going to be a bitch and a half...

Untitled-1.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a completed nanosuit mod?

I'm looking to implement something like that in a mission and I can't seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

B

Does anyone know if there is a completed nanosuit mod?

I'm looking to implement something like that in a mission and I can't seem to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

B

I think there may be one. But I'm probably wrong.

You could always try making one yourself (From scratch, bad things happen to people who copy things without permission in this community. Its VERY easy to tell.). ;)

Also! Update. :)

I added the little sloped bit on the rocket pod arms in front of the rocket engines.

updatedarms.jpg

Reference this picture, ignore the... alien...

Also worked a little on the rear landing gear, but mostly the stairs because the former is stupid.

ladder.jpg

Reference this image for the stairs.

I'm thinking about making the entrance in the cargo hold. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking about making the entrance in the cargo hold. What do you guys think?

If you mean that you want to scrap the stairs completely, and just make a door in the cargo bay, i'd say it'd be a shame. But understandable. Probably loads of more work to get the stairs working.

However, if you manage to do so that you have to actually get the stairs down, then walk up them to get the "get in" scroll meny command it'd be awesome.

Then trying to get in would make you actually interact with the dropship to get inside.

If you mean that you want to scrap the stairs completely, and just make a door in the cargo bay, i'd say it'd be a shame. But understandable. Probably loads of more work to get the stairs working.

However, if you manage to do so that you have to actually get the stairs down, then walk up them to get the "get in" scroll meny command it'd be awesome.

Then trying to get in would make you actually interact with the dropship to get inside.

Seconded this, stairs would just take more work so entering from the rear would be easier, and make more sense to me.

Right now the way it is set up (I think) is you enter between the front landing gear on the ground. The stairs/ladder isn't going anywhere, I'm making this thing as accurate as I can.

I was thinking about having the entrance in the cargo bay, right behind the cockpit. I like the idea of having it at the base of the stars, though.

Actually tried texturing my Pulse Rifle, instead of the rushed crap job I did the first time around. :)

ArmA2OA2012-06-0423-00-40-47-1.jpg

th_ArmA2OA2012-06-0422-58-09-38.png

That Pulse Rifle looks good, will you be doing other weaponry like the smart gun :D