Sign in to follow this  
Zedrein

Military SciFi Projects Thread

Glad you got it sorted. :)

You could try the cargo proxies from the UH-60, M-17, HMMWV or Ural. Or you could put a little extra work in and make custom ones, which may end up looking better.

Unfourtunate, everything was going great, then I kept recieving a " " " was unexpected at line 67 in config.cpp, expected {" when there shouldn't be a {, all lines I could find ended in ; and all brackets were closed, forcing me to redo the config, now I have no vertical take off and it makes me slow and plummet again... I need to work on the textures anywhoo.

Do you still have the old config? Post it here so we can mull it over and see what the issue is. :)

Do you still have the old config? Post it here so we can mull it over and see what the issue is. :)

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Firstplane - Tutorial 6 by BRSSED Tut model - 04.01.03
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

// DEFINE SECTION //////////////
#define TEast 0
#define TWest 1
#define TGuerrila 2
#define TCivilian 3
#define TSideUnknown 4
#define TEnemy 5
#define TFriendly 6
#define TLogic 7

#define true 1
#define false 0

#define private 0
#define protected 1
#define public 2

// CfgPatches //////////////////////////
class CfgPatches
{
class firstplane
       {
	units[] = {firstplane};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.4;	
};
class CAAir2_F35B {
	units[] = {firstplane};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAAir2"};
};
};

// CfgModels /////////////////////////////
class CfgModels
{
class Default {};
class vehicle: default {};

class firstplane: vehicle 
{
	sectionsInherit="Vehicle";
	sections[]={"vrtule staticka","vrtule blur"};
};

};

// CfgVehicles //////////////////////////////
class CfgVehicles
{
class All {};
class AllVehicles: All {};
class Air: AllVehicles {};
class plane: Air {};

class firstplane: plane 
{
	scope=public;
		side=TWest;
	displayName="Halo Pelican";
	model="\firstplane\firstplane";
	gearRetracting = true;
	nameSound="plane";
	soundEngine[] = {"\ca\Air3\Su34\Data\Sound\su34_av8b_v6.wss", 31.6228, 0.8};		// Cessna sound
	soundEnviron[]={"Objects\noise",db-60,1.0};			// Cessna sound
	soundServo[]={"Vehicles\gun_elevate",db-40,0.4};		// Cessna sound
	maneuvrability=550.0;
	maxSpeed=1450;
	armor=100;
	transportSoldier=10;
	aileronSensitivity = .8; 		// relative aileron sensitivity
	elevatorSensitivity = .8; 		// relative elevator sensitivity
	noseDownCoef = .3; 			// how much goes nose down during turns
	landingAoa = 10*3.1415/180;
	brakeDistance=800; 			// vehicle movement precision
	steerAheadSimu6l=1.0;
	steerAheadPlan=2.0;
	acceleration = 1050;
	type = VAir;
	dustEffect = "HeliDust";
	waterEffect = "HeliWater";
	crew = "usmc_fighter_pilot";
	driverAction = "AV8B_Pilot";
	vtol = 1;
	cargoAction[] = "Mi17_Cargo02"	
	extCameraPosition[]={0,3,-15};		// 0,5,-30 is standard Air class 
	// Radar stuff
	irTarget=true;
	irScanRange = 2000;
	irScanGround = true;				
	// Weapon and ammo
	weapons[]={}; // none
	magazines[]={}; // none   		

class ViewPilot {
		initFov = 1;
		minFov = 0.3;
		maxFov = 0.85;
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -75;
		maxAngleX = 50;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -150;
		maxAngleY = 150;
	};

class Exhausts {
	class Exhaust1 {
	position = "E1 start";
	direction = "E1 End";
	effect = "ExhaustsEffectBig";
		};
	};
};

Maybe you can find why the landing gear doesn't appear even when I define the names properly.

I think the landing gear issue is in the model.cfg. As for your error, I can't see anything wrong with it. But take that with a grain of salt, just because I don't see anything doesn't mean that there isn't an issue. Like you, I'm still relatively new to modding and configs aren't my strong suit.

Depends on the model, so I really can't say.

Some walls I made for the Mobile Infantry over the course of 24 hours with a sleep break. Though this is mostly spurned by my Whiskey Outpost map for the Source Engine (Suffice to say, using brushes for that much detail, both in terms of quantity and quality, is a mistake; every time I turn the flashlight on the game crashes. :p), I do plan on making Mobile Infantry, weapons (Morita Mk2 (As seen in WIP screens), Carbine, Nuke), structures (Tents, walls, towers, boxes, etc.), and fleet ships (Dropship, Retrieval boat and TAC fighter) for ArmA eventually. At the moment I don't have any big plans for the bugs, mostly because I have absolutely NO clue how to implement them, but they are on my wishlist.

th_buldozer2012-08-2617-50-02-14.png

All looks good mate! There were some bugs made for ArmA 1 and OFP you might want to look at.. What news of the UD-4L?

No news on the Dropship, been kinda slacking with the modding lately. Not even life, mostly lazyness, getting in better shape before I ship out and being distracted by some new toys. :p

Another screen for you guys. I unwrapped the rest of the Morita and gave it a basic texture after a fair bit of rivet counting. Litterally. ;)

th_buldozer2012-08-2710-12-39-53.png

Edit:

th_buldozer2012-08-2711-19-56-25.png

Edited by b00ce

Hopefully this is bump-worthy, but I got normal maps, SMDI and the main texture mostly done. I'm really satisfied so far, even though the texture is mostly flat gray with no noise whatsoever.

th_buldozer2012-08-2717-01-29-58.png th_buldozer2012-08-2717-14-58-10.png

I still need to make Shadow, Geo and Res LoDs.

Using a new 3d program now. Used blender for 4 years, by Cinema4d increased my workflow speed 10 fold.

Still trying to figure out how to UV texture. I'm used to doing cartoony things where a majority of the texture was rendered IN the renderer with material options. Now with having to use photoshop and UV map correctly, and here I was thinking I could get away with "project from side view", paint that and it would work. Hopefully the new power c4d has will help.

http://i46.tinypic.com/111ouu9.jpg (186 kB)

I've run into a little bit of a hitch with my Morita, I tried to make a custom holding animation and the hands look GREAT! Except that they're... well... Yeah, so my guy has a gun for a prosthetic arm, which is really annoying and I can't figure out why it doesn't work, I followed all of the steps after scouring this thread for what feels like ages.

• -0.5(Unedited) 0.0 and 1.0 with my hand/finger positions.
  • Deleted all traces of the gun from the skeleton model file.
  • Exported the .rtm without defining a root selection.
  • Added a model.cfg in the folder with the .rtm, with the .rtm's file, name using "ArmaMan" as a base class.
  • Added the custom animation into the weapon config.
  • Made BinPBO binarize .rtm files
  • Packed the .pbo (Binarizing it of course.)

Did I miss something?

Also, here are some screens before I started fiddling around with custom hand animations. The default animations are passable, but they don't fit as well as I'd like.

th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2814-04-42-41.png th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2814-08-13-42.png th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2814-08-36-53.png

th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2814-18-07-63.png th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2816-51-17-52.png th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2816-46-18-62.png

2rxbk2s.jpg I wonder if it would look better with a specular... Dunno how to do that.

Something tells me you aren't supposed to apply the normal map inside of O2. Not only do I now have a rainbow gun, but I dropped in FPS by 30. 330s1z5.jpg

Edited by AmericanFAC

All you have to do is:

1. Make a copy of the CO texture and label it SMDI instead.

2. Open it up in Texview.

3. Click Edit -> Filter... -> click "Load..." and then navigate to filters in your Texview program folder (for me its C:/Program Files(x86)/Bohemia Interactive/Tools/TexView2/Filters) and select "specularMapFinish.bitfilt"

4. Let it run.

Next, you need to make a normal map. There are photoshop plugins and other programs you can use, I personally use VTFedit. Ideally you make a texture dedicated to the normal map, it turns a out a lot better that way, a lot cleaner. Give this the suffix NOHQ.

After that, you need to create an rvmat.

1. Open the UV editor and hit Filter -> Create Material (Alternatively you can create a shortcut on your desktop to it, like I did, the material editor .exe is in O2's folder)

2. It will prompt you to name the material, preferably the same as your CO map, you don't need to worry about templates, so hit OK.

3. Select the Type, in this case we're going to use "NOHQ+SMDI".

4. You'll see normal and specular map sections open up, under source name browse to the respective textures.

5. Look farther up the list of checkboxes and check "Specular" and "Specular Power"

Specular: this is the color and shade of the shine.

Specular Power: This is how focused/powerful it is. Lower values give it more of a glossy/wax look because the shine is too spread out, while higher values focus it.

Save for instance, my morita has RGB values at 0.2 and Specular Power at 30.5.

6. Save your rvmat.

7. Go into O2 and select the parts of the model that have the texture you made the SMDI and NOHQ for. This is usually done via the "Resource Library" window.

8. Press "E" and browse to the material file you just made (Lower right)

9. Hit apply.

And you're done, go into Buldozer to see what you did. :)

It isn't giving me the option to select anything but <free type> under select type. Do I need to set something up?

Tried adding it the manual way via tex editor, the normal map things popped up too. Can' really tell if this is what I want from where I am right now, but atleast it looks like it has a material now...

snz6e8.jpg

Edited by AmericanFAC

You should have a big list of things under free type.

Weird. I don't. Just updated to 2.5.1 of the BI tools as well. I've always had problems with them. I can't manually add types and TexView2 freezes if I try to navigate from folder to folder within. I'll just save what I got as a template as I believe it if doing what it should

That's really weird.

On a happy note, Franze helped me with my custom animation and I finally got it working. I didn't move the weapon bone to my hands, so the game moved my hands in relation to the weapon bone. Go figure. :p

Anyway, here's what it looks like.

th_ArmA2OA2012-08-2916-10-57-20.png

Again, thanks to him for helping me out.

9qfbkn.jpg

Definitely looks better. I wonder if I can add an HDMI map to it so that it appears to "Reflect" the world like a shiny plastic would.