Sign in to follow this  
Zedrein

Military SciFi Projects Thread

There was a post recently about moving bolts (was it w0lle that was trying to do it ? ). Can't remember the post myself (or where I saw it) or I'd post a link!

I got it working now, its just no longer an open bolt design, unfortunately.

Also, got to work on the M5 RPG (Below) and a little on the SADAR.

th_ArmA2OA2012-06-1219-49-33-14.png

th_ArmA2OA2012-06-1219-52-12-53.png

The Rocket goes mach 4.5, its CRAZY fast in game, almost instant inside 200m.

There was a post recently about moving bolts (was it w0lle that was trying to do it ? ). Can't remember the post myself (or where I saw it) or I'd post a link!

It was me. But the complex animation was for slow motion filming. It's not really visible in the game at 1x speed because there is one shot per frame.

Here's an update on the Colonial Marine model. The shinguard was a pain.

UltimateBadass-1.png

I've been working on some undercover work and decided that now may be a good time to show it off. I've been working on some SciFi ships using O2 just for fun and some good practice as I've only been 3d modeling for about 6 months now. Here are some screenshot of what I have done so far... Unfortunately I don't know how to texture and am not all that good at config scripting yet.

Dstny1:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/JSF_82nd_Reaper/Project%2004%20Destiny/dstny1.jpg (297 kB)

Dstny2:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/JSF_82nd_Reaper/Project%2004%20Destiny/dstny2.jpg (254 kB)

Dstny3:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/JSF_82nd_Reaper/Project%2004%20Destiny/dstny3.jpg (245 kB)

ODS:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/JSF_82nd_Reaper/Project%2004%20Destiny/ods.jpg (235 kB)

I wish it did. But alas, I have no clue how to make that work so its stuck at 95 and doesn't glow.

Also, I'm having trouble with the bolt, trigger and magazine animations, I have absolutely NO clue what I'm doing in the model.cfg. :confused:

Couldn't you use a separate small texture for the ammo count number (using an alpha for the number and have glowing pre-lit red poly behind it) and then just script texture changes to match the rounds in the gun?

Bit of a ball buster though, RTT being the only other option for the display.

Looks great so far.

Couldn't you use a separate small texture for the ammo count number (using an alpha for the number and have glowing pre-lit red poly behind it) and then just script texture changes to match the rounds in the gun?

Bit of a ball buster though, RTT being the only other option for the display.

Looks great so far.

Thanks. I was thinking hidden selections, but that would require a LOT of scripting that I have NO clue how to do.

Thanks. I was thinking hidden selections, but that would require a LOT of scripting that I have NO clue how to do.

Sounds good b00ce. Good luck trying to get that to work :)

Any news on the Dropship? :D

Sounds good b00ce. Good luck trying to get that to work :)

Any news on the Dropship? :D

Haven't really been working on any of the USCM stuff. Been distracted by other things that I decide to do on a whim.

Like this...

th_GAU19.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_GXwH_zjQQ

I can't figure out how to get the barrels spinning, which is something I'll need for the miniguns on the APC.

The animation controller you're looking for is 'revolving' IIRC, but I'm not sure how the gau19 is military scifi.

The animation controller you're looking for is 'revolving' IIRC, but I'm not sure how the gau19 is military scifi.

I think it's less specificially to do with the GAU-19 than it is to do with the one minigun monunted on the dropship and also 2 in the APC's forward turret.

b00ce: If you have a look in the Predator Mod by Charon there's a hand held minigun that's barrels rotate. Hope that helps.

goose4291

Then he can make a post about the APC's turrets, and not about the gau-19, or he can make another thread about his gau-19's, or he can search the editing thread. This thread is about military scifi projects, full stop. Thank you.

Sorry about that Max, I was just showing one of my distractions from the USCM stuff. Thanks for the help, though.

Also, to get this thread back on track. Here's something that Goose pretty much guilt tripped me into doing. ;)

Smartgun.png

Naturally VERY VERY VERY early WIP, but I had to show something. :)

Ohhhh yeaaaah the M56:cool:,I already have the mental image of Vasquez carrying this baby.When this bad boy gets deployed xeno population starts to dwindle.

I am not looking forward to making a custom hand RTM for this thing, I have to say. I was fiddling around with the RTM stuff last night, its an absolute nightmare trying to get the bones to bend and turn how you want them. Not doing them is not an option because it looks quite daft.

I am not looking forward to making a custom hand RTM for this thing, I have to say. I was fiddling around with the RTM stuff last night, its an absolute nightmare trying to get the bones to bend and turn how you want them. Not doing them is not an option because it looks quite daft.

For a weapon RTM, all you have to do is place the hands; the arms will be in the appropriate place in-game...makes life a shit-ton easier.

Abs

For a weapon RTM, all you have to do is place the hands; the arms will be in the appropriate place in-game...makes life a shit-ton easier.

Abs

Sweet, thanks for the tip. :) Am I still be able to position the arms so the Smartgunner doesn't look like he has some severe joint disorder?

Sorry for the double post, however this is bump-worthy. ;)

Not Aliens related, though.

Morita_WIP_1.png

Edit:

Worked on the other side.

Morita_WIP_2.png

Edited by b00ce

Indeed it is, I'm a massive fan of SST and I've been meaning to make this thing for the longest time.

Morita_WIP_3.png

Edited by b00ce

B00ce I'm sure I asked you when you were just working on the Dropship itself, but have you worked out a way to load the APC into the Dropship?

I've actually been talking to one of my unit mates about that lately. I know I'll be using attach to, but getting the attached vehicle to move with the ramp may be an issue.

Also, I recently picked up 3DS (Free non-commercial licenses WOO! :D), so I'll be using that to UV map. O2 is still WAY easier and more familiar to me, so I'll be using it to actually make the model.

Here's a quick render I did in it.

l03YF.png

I UVed the glass so far, using O2, added the antennas & gun, and worked on the rear landing gear some more.

That looks amazing! I imagine using ArmA 2's engine it'll be nigh on impossible to get the APC to properly drive up the ramp which is a shame, but hey, engine limitations.

Did you manage to get the wings to swing open properly, and have you tested if the AI will do so?

Not at all, if you can drive a BTR in the back of an IL-76 or an Abrams in AN-224, it'll drive up my piddly ramp just fine. Getting it to stay there is the problem. ;)

Thus far it isn't in game, so I can't speak for the AI but I'll be able to get the arms to open. I already have them set up for it model wise, I just need to do some (Read "all") of the work with the model.cfg.

Maybe do a script that does attachto (LOCK/UNLOCK)? I have a large ship that you can "grab" as infantry so you don't get swept off the deck. Used only during the transport.