Sign in to follow this  
Zedrein

Military SciFi Projects Thread

Hey Icebreaker I just tried the Space invaders mod as well but I do not see those alien soldiers in black that the page shows do you have those?

Hey Icebreaker I just tried the Space invaders mod as well but I do not see those alien soldiers in black that the page shows do you have those?

Those are for ARMA1. The soldiers wont show up in ARMA2.

Yeah, we tried them on A1 and always had problems hosting the mission on dedicated...

You'll have a chance to test "zetaborn" aliens pretty soon... ;)

oh btw, if youre really desperate for some extra terrestrials to kill, isla duala might have a bonus surprise just waiting for you ;)

Thats right. Zetaborn faction is included in Duala, great for C/O to break the realism squadnight and do one "strange" mission to scare the guys ;) hope I've achieved that effect.

I'll release as a stand-alone asap after Duala 1.91.

I would like to show my massive interest in Si-Fi mods. Its great to see wacky things get put into the game.

mod Arma2 rabbits in oxygen and by giving them extra-long toothes, razor-sharp claws and red-glowing eyes, you can [almost;]instantly turning then into evil rabbits from space, ready to invade Earth[&be stopped by You, probably ;-].

"gimme you braaain, hooomansss !!" (evil mettalised rabbit voice&filthy "on-nom-nom" sounds in background) ;-)

battlechernarus2.jpg

I apologise for the rather poor quality of the poster but I only had MS paint to use. If anyone has PaintshopPro or another image editing software and would be willing to 'professionalise' the poster for me! I'd deeply appreciate it. Here's a teaser video:

The following pictures are from the "Battle: Los Angeles" game developed by Saber Interactive and published by Konami; they're not rendered within "ArmA 2"/Operation Arrowhead"!

battlela201104182052243.th.jpg battlela201104182052282.th.jpg battlela201104182101232.th.jpg battlela201104182056121.th.jpg

You can see a picture of a drone ship here:

Drone

I must extend a huge thank you to SFC.ITZHAK for his Operation unknown - USMC CH-53D Super Stallion and CH-46E Sea Knight addons. In addition, I would like to thank dcal and IceBreakr in whose mighty virtual company I gained inspiration to pursue this project of mine.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this sort of mod then please let me know.

Before I go, I will attempt to re-produce in "ArmA 2: OA" a superb segment from the film, which you can see here:

[Topgun]

Edited by Mach2Infinity

Before everyone freaks out those pics are from another game. It is called Battle LA.

THESE ARE NOT SCREEN SHOTS FROM ARMA 2!!!!

Please post pics of Arma 2 wip or ingame shots to avoid confusion.

-Nods- I noticed right off the bat :o Aprils fools was about 18-19 days ago bub ^^ Lil late for the joke haha XD

You're right PROTOTYPE 001 I should've clarified originally, I've amended my post. The reasons why I showed the pictures are a) because we can glimpse what the aliens look like in a game; b) because I have no experience in texturing/modelling and would like some help with it!

The aliens are interesting. *Spoilers*In the film they are bio-mechanical, they have a projectile firing weapon for an arm. This makes it interesting if one were to have A.T munitions alongside 'bullet' type ammunition.

SigintArmA, it's no joke. Sorry to disappoint, son. ;). On a serious note, if the idea of it intrigues you then let me know. I'll inform you more by P.M.

Edited by Mach2Infinity

Hey Ice, forgot to thank you for the Zeta aliens and now vehicles in new Duala, really fun to add scifi to such a serious sim!

I make my own simple ones but havent had the time to get deep into making a proper mission/campaign...

I wish there was a simple way to make a domination but have it be with Zeta aliens and vehicles instead of Opfor, any know how hard this would be?

Thanks again ICE!!!

Nevermind, I am looking into mission making and will make one soon.........

Has it occured to anyone that there is a perfect "Scifi" template for the Arma II coop design that stretch back like a decade? No need to look at those all-high-and-mighty-OMGAMERICARULEZJOO-scifi movies that's just crap. No need to bring mecha battles into the picture.

Its called... X-Com! As in the original X-Com: UFO.

Think about it. Aliens terrorizing villages in Chernarus and/or Takistan by launching raids... A small band of elite troops has to take a transport there and kill them all. Recover alien tech to research new weapons. Expand your base by getting funding from protected areas. Alien saucers crash and once again, the troops get sent into battle.

Gameplay would essentially be Domination, played until you've researched a way to shoot down the massive alien command ship and control it (simplified final random take over zone) or until the aliens have taken over your base.

Has it occured to anyone that there is a perfect "Scifi" template for the Arma II coop design that stretch back like a decade? No need to look at those all-high-and-mighty-OMGAMERICARULEZJOO-scifi movies that's just crap. No need to bring mecha battles into the picture.

Think about it. Aliens terrorizing villages in Chernarus and/or Takistan by launching raids... A small band of elite troops has to take a transport there and kill them all. Recover alien tech to research new weapons. Expand your base by getting funding from protected areas. Alien saucers crash and once again, the troops get sent into battle.

Gameplay would essentially be Domination, played until you've researched a way to shoot down the massive alien command ship and control it (simplified final random take over zone) or until the aliens have taken over your base.

An excellent idea, with some minor modification.

Another interesting idea would be something along the same lines with large scale zombie surival or something of the sort. With a military base set up and the objective being to secure resources and resque survivors while battling the horde.

//Taros.

I'll try to pull something off with Zetaborn faction in Duala 1.95...

Funnily enough, there was a OFP mission like this, so it could work.. and I think that used the Zabrak aliens! I'm sure you could search that on the forums..

And before you all ask, YES I am still waiting patiently for my Aliens Dropship :D

Funnily enough, there was a OFP mission like this, so it could work.. and I think that used the Zabrak aliens! I'm sure you could search that on the forums..

And before you all ask, YES I am still waiting patiently for my Aliens Dropship :D

ooh Aliens Dropship :p love that thing.

Also i had another idea that may be interesting.

Reverse Alien invasion, Earth getting invaded has been done and done a million times, what has not been done much however is a Reverse Alien invasion, meaning humans invade another world and are in practice the Alien invaders, That would require more work than the other way around but i think it would be pretty interesting to see. Would also give players a chance to to be the "Bad guys" for once :D

shhh :P don't ruin my surprise...

shhh :P don't ruin my surprise...

That sounds interesting :D

I made some Futuristic Marine uniform designs i may incorporate into a future addon, if i can get anyone to make them that is... i may be good with vehicles but i suck at humanoids. :)

These are some really rough basic sketches i made today (not my best work imo)

Enjoy!

futuristicmarinescopy.jpg

//Taros.

ooh Aliens Dropship :p love that thing.

Also i had another idea that may be interesting.

Reverse Alien invasion, Earth getting invaded has been done and done a million times, what has not been done much however is a Reverse Alien invasion, meaning humans invade another world and are in practice the Alien invaders, That would require more work than the other way around but i think it would be pretty interesting to see. Would also give players a chance to to be the "Bad guys" for once :D

Nice idea. I can maybe do a new planet "island", but I'm not sure what to use for settlements ;) big Smurf mushrooms? Maybe just camps in jungle?

i'm sure i can sort out some buildings if such a project takes off

Don't bother with any SCF-FI projects , we will get all the unrealistic sci-fi stuff we need in Arma 3 :rolleyes:

trollface.gif

even better, ready up for A3 :P