Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Well, it was just an idea and I don't want to pay for every patch like you but maybe once a year or every 6 month for a "major enhancement patch" with more than just a few bug fixes. This way ArmA2 would get way longer support.

And eSim doesn't fail as business FYI. ;)

No what you'll get is a comunity full of pissed off members, charging for DLC is one thing, charging for a patch is something entirerly different especially if your policy has been noncharging.

Bayonets and bagpipes for the Brits please, also some more armour.

Otherwise, moar factions, moar maps, moar campaigns. (Preferably co-op campaigns).

Other uniforms are great suggestions. Different camo's and dress uniforms too.

1. Command that can be placed in a vehicle's init to turn the lights off.

2. Command to give AI that will cause them to actually follow their waypoints, no ifs and or buts, just do what they are told.

3. Command that will actually set the speed of an object and no setVelocity does not work.

4. AI with some actual I, seems most of them you can walk right up on as long as your not directly in front of them.

5. AI with some more I, they fly like idiots.

6. ATVs that do not have "Flubber" for tires.

7. Air craft missles that actually lock on to something besides the stingers.

8. A city bigger and more urban than Chernagorsk.

9. All those bugs fixed, like the rock in the road in Chernarus just south of Chernagorsk to name one.

10. Pending future edit when I'm not so tired from spending too much time trying to make some of this work right, in vain.

1. Command that can be placed in a vehicle's init to turn the lights off.

2. Command to give AI that will cause them to actually follow their waypoints, no ifs and or buts, just do what they are told.

3. Command that will actually set the speed of an object and no setVelocity does not work.

4. AI with some actual I, seems most of them you can walk right up on as long as your not directly in front of them.

5. AI with some more I, they fly like idiots.

6. ATVs that do not have "Flubber" for tires.

7. Air craft missles that actually lock on to something besides the stingers.

8. A city bigger and more urban than Chernagorsk.

9. All those bugs fixed, like the rock in the road in Chernarus just south of Chernagorsk to name one.

10. Pending future edit when I'm not so tired from spending too much time trying to make some of this work right, in vain.

Even if a patch is some kind of downloadable content I dont think this will be a DLC. This is more bug-fixing and improvements that we normally see in a patch. You should post this in the CIT instead, or vote up the ones that already exist.

#1) Replacement for those uncomfortable and bulky US army units from OA

#2) AC130 gunship Addon (NOT SCRIPT)

#3) An American f-18

#4) More ground attack planes for the MARINES! (F-16, F-18, F-15, and a Ground attack variant for the AV-8b harrier, with air to ground missiles)

Bayonets and bagpipes for the Brits please, also some more armour.

YES. Bayonets for Brits please. Not sure about the bagpipes though, haven't they been banned by the UN yet?

Also, what killer27 says in point 2. I'd like to see some attention given to special forces in general. How about a JSOC DLC which could have a variety of ground units from the special forces as well as various c-130 variants like Spectre and Combat Talon.

I would like to have some beasts to fight e.g. dinosaurs like T-Rex and Spinosaurus.

How about a JSOC DLC which could have a variety of ground units from the special forces as well as various c-130 variants like Spectre and Combat Talon.

Hell yes :thumbsup:

Navy warships. I don't know why the devs never thought of that, but it would be a great dlc. Who wouldn't want Cruisers, destroyers, and submarines?

I guess I would be one that wouldn't want them. The ponds in Takistan are simply not big enough to support them :D

Nobody said that such a "navy pack" wouldn't come in the form of a new and complete scenario/expansion including a map where naval units would come in handy :p

I really hope BAF sold well, so more and bigger DLC will come out. And with DLC I really mean expansions like OA (while BAF clearly went in this direction too). A new main map, new main factions with new units, weapons and vehicles and - of course - a campaign (background/story) and some further missions. That's simply so much more, than a simple vehicle-pack.

A "navy pack"? How about some Koreans and Chineese?

:D

In regards to naval units for ArmA 2, there's quite a wide-variety and selection of naval units including a placeable LHD, of course the two vessel types that came with ArmA 2; the Destroyer (Arleigh Burke Class) and Fregatta. They are placeable with a script placed in the Initialization box:

this setPosASL [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 0]; this setDir (getDir this);

Also, you can download from armaholic.com and various other fansites and mirror locations the following:

FFAA Mod (two Spanish Armada vessels: B.A.M.-class frigate and Patruello 72 corvette)

ANZAC Mod (NZDF ANZAC-class frigate)

Frigate Mod (Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate, French Navy La Fayette-class frigate, and Russian Navy Krivak-IV class frigate)

Submarine addon (Los Angeles-class SSN, Akula-class SSN, and Delta-IV SSBN)

Kuznetsov addon (Russian Navy aircraft carrier Kuznetsov)

Nimitz addon (work in progress: US Navy aircraft carrier Nimitz)

F260 (work in progress: German Navy Braunschweig-class corvette)

I think that's all of them, but I'm sure the community will be releasing many more naval vessels. So, yah, if you want a navy, just go download it!

Proof is in the pudding!

NATOTF-MH60SoverfliesNATOTF.jpg

:)

How about a JSOC DLC which could have a variety of ground units from the special forces as well as various c-130 variants like Spectre and Combat Talon.
like it

He said Combat Talon...

I like it x2

make it the 550th SOS Talon 2 :P

i request korengal valley objects for ebanks

but really, id buy a new map of chernarus , in somewhere other than south zagoria.. and hopefully 25x25 or something

...but really' date=' id buy a new map of chernarus , in somewhere other than south zagoria.. and hopefully 25x25 or something[/quote']

Yes. That would be cool. After playing takistan for a while, I've decided I still like Chernarus better. More beautiful and interesting. But as I've said earlier, I'ld prefer a map with more gently rolling terrain for better mechanized infantry/armor battles. I had hoped Takistan would fit the bill, but it is still too rugged.

Anyone remember a series called Jericho? remember how it ended?

There's your next *BIG* campaign.

US Civil War II

The South rises again, makes a few dodgy deals with South America for support. Takes most of the equipment and bases in the Revolution.

The North has more man power but lacks equipment, accepts support from NATO.

California stays neutral (INDFOR). Ideologically with the North but to exposed to a Southern invasion to get involved (at first...).

Campaign could cross several maps (states) as the war progresses.

...Hmmm, maybe a bit much for a DLC. More of a full expansion for USCWII.

I also want to see a sort of jumbo jets dlc. From C17 globemaster to E-3 sentries, and 747s too!

And land where? The C17 might have a chance of landing, but none of them has any use in the small areas we're operating in.

Port stuff from VBS2 (wishful thinking?)...maps, buildings, vehicles. Would be nice to have MRAPs and a Kiowa etc in Arrowhead :)

Map packs... sets of 2 - 3? around the size of Shapur, thats a nice mission size map, maybe one with a heavy urban setting like Zargabad, maybe increasing the Urban area and trimming down the surrounding areas to compensate.

Also would be nice if they came with some type of atmosphere modules... or maybe just a dust wind type of module, or if possible to have some type of battle mist? all maps are awesome but at times they feel sterile?

I would like them to have these small DLC with like 1-5 unique units with all new sounds and skins for them. There is always some new cool stuff to add and I would really like to have new stuff to play with in warfare.

Not sure if someone suggested before but a more sophisticated town generator, or even one which varied the layout and buildings of an existing map. I'm not a modder, but custom maps are not released in the hundreds so I believe the work to create them is huge, so anything helping the generation of more custom battlegrounds is goodness and I would pay for. Also feeds into my other wish list of being able to create real life locations to fight in (real life responsibilities limit my time available, like many I guess).

Being very familiar with a map sometimes spoils a game for me as it takes aware some of the tension and skill needed to adjust to whats on the ground.

cjph

And land where? The C17 might have a chance of landing, but none of them has any use in the small areas we're operating in.

Actually the c-17 has a very good use. If you could assault an airbase with airborne troops to secure a landing site then you can use the c-17 to airlift armour. C-130 can't quite manage an m1 :)

Didn't know M1 was part of the airborne equipment (I have no clue, really, it just sounds odd to me). I think the C130 is more than suitable for most airborne operations. Not sure about real life air lifting operations, but it does sound weird to me to airlift tanks 10-15km when there already exists airports so close and terrain pose no challenges enabling you to reach any location on the map in about 10-15 minutes. Not for DLC naturally, but I'd rather have them spend some love with instrumentation on existing air vehicles.

Although, I'm not really a "DLC'er" myself, but I still found the suggestion a bit on the odd side given the map sizes we operate in (not to mention runway lengths :p)